PDA

View Full Version : Delmarva Motosports Park - previously The Landing in Easton, MD

Les Davis
08-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Has anyone been there lately? Are they still open? Been calling and the answering machine is full and the website is reading "under construction". No luck on getting an answers yet.

I'm gonna be in the area for work on Thur/Fri and was looking to go ride there with a buddy if their open.

Anyone got any info?

chucked
08-11-2010, 03:22 AM
Ive been wondering the same thing.

Delaware152
08-11-2010, 10:28 AM
For information go to Eastonmx.com. There are under different management. I heard the track quads ride on now is a joke. Again this is what I heard and they may have made a change.

deathman53
08-11-2010, 12:17 PM
last time I was there it was awesome. That was when quads and bikes were on the same tracks. They talked about a quad only track and the other track was still split. I like that place, it still isn't anything compared to how it was when it was landing mx ~05.

Honda5
08-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Don't go! I was there a week ago to see how it was coming along and they have a awsome looking dirt bike only track but the other track "for everyone" was a joke. It looked like a kiddie track. They have 3 jumps and a few rollers on it and it's about 1/3 the length it was.

Les Davis
08-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm gonna give it a shot on Friday. I hope it's half decent. If not, I'll load up and head to the beach a little early and look at some boobs!

Where do you Eastern Shore guys typically go to ride? Seaford? Blue Diamond?

dan harris
08-12-2010, 06:30 AM
I'm watching you Les Davis - Better get your butt back up to the Breezewood Proving Grounds where QUADS STILL R U L E !!
....and always will !

Delaware152
08-13-2010, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Les Davis
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm gonna give it a shot on Friday. I hope it's half decent. If not, I'll load up and head to the beach a little early and look at some boobs!

Where do you Eastern Shore guys typically go to ride? Seaford? Blue Diamond?

Seaford. Blue Diamond's quad track is a joke. They have so much potential with there location to get riders from PA and NJ but could care less about quads.

Les Davis
08-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Well, we had a great day for riding. The quad track wasnt very good if you like jumps. There were only 3 small jumps and a whoops section. It was very tame but we made the most of it. The guy running the track did come over several times and ask us what changes they need to make to make it better. He did tell us that the track was a work in progress and there would be changes to the quad track as soon as the bike only track is complete. The track is mainly top soil but they plan to remove the top soil and make it more of a sand mixture like the bike track.

Although the quad track was a slight disappointment to us, the various staff we spoke to were very nice and wanted input from the quad riders on future changes. We told him of some things we didnt like during the day and they went out onto the track and made the changes and groomed for us throughout the day. Funny thing is, there was a decent turn out of "bike" riders that day but they were only making changes for us 3 quad guys. Thought that was pretty cool of them.

I will be very interested to see how things progress in the near future at the track. I will definetly go back just because of how corteous (sp?) the entire staff was to us that day.

mxduner
08-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Les Davis
Well, we had a great day for riding. The quad track wasnt very good if you like jumps. There were only 3 small jumps and a whoops section. It was very tame but we made the most of it. The guy running the track did come over several times and ask us what changes they need to make to make it better. He did tell us that the track was a work in progress and there would be changes to the quad track as soon as the bike only track is complete. The track is mainly top soil but they plan to remove the top soil and make it more of a sand mixture like the bike track.

Although the quad track was a slight disappointment to us, the various staff we spoke to were very nice and wanted input from the quad riders on future changes. We told him of some things we didnt like during the day and they went out onto the track and made the changes and groomed for us throughout the day. Funny thing is, there was a decent turn out of "bike" riders that day but they were only making changes for us 3 quad guys. Thought that was pretty cool of them.

I will be very interested to see how things progress in the near future at the track. I will definetly go back just because of how corteous (sp?) the entire staff was to us that day. That is great to hear. Any riders in the area, i recomend you continue to support this track promoter. as he/she could run the next big thing in tracks.

XBLASTERRACERX
08-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Great to hear some one is actually welcoming quads to their facility! Did u happen to get any pics or vids of the track because i am going down in a couple weeks and was wonderin what the track looked like . Thanks

deathman53
10-22-2010, 06:28 PM
how is the place now? I want to to go there or somewhere tommorrow riding.

Les Davis
10-22-2010, 09:52 PM
go to Breezewood Deathman...track is in excellent condition right now. Dan has that thing in tip top shape!

deathman53
10-23-2010, 04:35 AM
driving 5 hours each way, isn't a day trip. More of a weekend trip. I do want to go back to breezewood, sometime soon.

eastside 400
10-23-2010, 06:06 PM
well we'll see if any of the changes are made. Its easy for people to say they want you there and that they will make it better but if it actually happens then its another story. There are a couple tracks who pretend to care alot about the quads and always ask for suggestions but then never change it. Miles Mtn Mx has been saying that they are gonna improve year after year and evertime the series goes up there, its a joke. the owner asked my opinion the one time and i told him to make it just like the bike track and he laughed and no changes were ever made. people are fake, they just want your money usually...that being said, that is why i bought a dirtbike this year

deathman53
10-24-2010, 09:18 AM
I went to blue diamond...what a joke. It was riding atleast. It was kinda boring, as there was nobody to "race" against. I pulled on, on my 250r, showed a bunch of them how a 25 yr old 2 stroke atv competes and beat a good majority of the people there. A bunch of them stared at the hybrid 250r(crf450 motor), retro grooved radial front tires and no graphics on it(almost everyone had wild graphics and/or riding outfits of some type). None of them would ride on the track when I was on it. I tried to get on the dirtbike track, they wouldn't let me, another person told me some time before they let several atvs on that track, the dirtbike guys weren't happy(they need to get over it and deal w/ it) and also all of them left in an ambulance that same day. I can't blame them too much, for not letting me on it.

deathman53
05-20-2011, 04:37 PM
any ideas of how the track is at delmarva? I want to go tommorrow there and the guy tells me that quads are on a seperate track, dirtbikes have their own track. I'm afraid to drive far and find a track that is no better than BD and that is atleast 50 miles closer.

JR3
05-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
I went to blue diamond...what a joke. It was riding atleast. It was kinda boring, as there was nobody to "race" against. I pulled on, on my 250r, showed a bunch of them how a 25 yr old 2 stroke atv competes and beat a good majority of the people there. A bunch of them stared at the hybrid 250r(crf450 motor), retro grooved radial front tires and no graphics on it(almost everyone had wild graphics and/or riding outfits of some type). None of them would ride on the track when I was on it. I tried to get on the dirtbike track, they wouldn't let me, another person told me some time before they let several atvs on that track, the dirtbike guys weren't happy(they need to get over it and deal w/ it) and also all of them left in an ambulance that same day. I can't blame them too much, for not letting me on it.

haha i went there once when i had my yfz. i said oh well track sucks gonna make the best out of it and go hard.(i race b class) and the same thing when me and my 1 friend would go onto the track everybody would get off and just give us stares.

deathman53
05-20-2011, 05:08 PM
anybody know if Landing(delmarva) is good? I am leaning toward BD now, I know what to expect.

eastside 400
05-20-2011, 05:24 PM
blue diamond's quad track sucks, i havent been to easton mx yet, i know the bike track is sick but im not sure about the quad track, Easton MX is the name of the old landing. Seaford has since been shut down.

Honda5
05-20-2011, 05:36 PM
That's all BS about the quads all leaving in ambulances. We raced quads on the mx track for 2 years and it was a very good track. It was just some crying *****es that talked them into not letting quads on the track.

jzexrider
05-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Deathman53, The BDMX crew told me the same thing about the quad guys all getting hurt the one time.
Most of the quad riders there have thousands of dollars wrapped up in crazy gear, graphics, and expensive parts but they sit on the sidelines for hours at a time and watch.
Last year, (I had a 440ex, stock suspension) there was only one 450 guy that could keep up with me. I ended up talking to him for a while and the rest of the guys just watched us ride all day.
Nobody cares about atvs now except Breezewood. Its a shame cause were willing to pay for a better place.

Delaware152
05-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
anybody know if Landing(delmarva) is good? I am leaning toward BD now, I know what to expect.

Compared to the quad track at BD Easton is good. The track has a decent layout but could use some bigger jumps. I will be there tomorrow..Saturday. If you decide on Easton I will see you.

deathman53
05-21-2011, 07:33 PM
I ended up at delmarva, BD closed, claiming tracks were very wet, they looked dry to me. I drove further south to delmarva and I was suprised to find the fee $30, track was good also. I was the guy there w/ 250r and 250r hyrid, white truck w/ white enclosed trailer. It was far, but I'll go back.

dan harris
05-24-2011, 05:06 AM
Stop complaining about tracks that don't care about or want Quads and Support the park that LOVES QUADS !!! BREEZEWOOD PROVING GROUNDS !!! With the extreme wet weather we had this year our weekends haven't been great - could really use some QUAD SUPPORT !!! So get your quads loaded up and make a road trip for a weekend of AWESOME riding from SUN up to SUN down !!!!....

We have killer 2 story cabins available for rent right at the park. Email me to make your reservation: breezewoodprovinggrounds@yahoo.com !

Memorial Day weekend is an awesome time at the park. Great riding all weekend long. Racing on both tracks combined on Saturday Night. Sunday we have a free cook out at dinner time, then a party at the dining hall afterwards, with movies on the outdoor big screen for the kids !

Sorry didn't mean to steal the thread - just don't understand why some riders keep giving their money to tracks that just take the money and don't care about the riding !! You can believe that at Breezewood - your riding fees go right back into making the tracks and the park a better place for you to visit !!

selbygirl
05-24-2011, 06:00 AM
the delmarva track is closed the one in middleford delaware some call it seaford ..the easton mx is bad in a bad way its kinda flat the jumps are mushroomed end it is dusty they dont water the quad track . now there bike track is nice its groomed like a bmx track