PDA

View Full Version : 08 ds450 reliability

wali2408
08-10-2010, 03:19 PM
I saw that the 2008 ds are going for 4k new. How do they hold up, or is anything wrong with them. i race xc on a 400ex. I would consider selling if theses bikes are any good

florentino
08-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by wali2408
I saw that the 2008 ds are going for 4k new. How do they hold up, or is anything wrong with them. i race xc on a 400ex. I would consider selling if theses bikes are any good f

can am is the best for xc races and a stock can am will blow your 400 out of the water. in performace.

get the racer progam. so they can get rid of limp mode.
you would have to me really good working on bikes cause this one will break more then the others.

wali2408
08-10-2010, 08:01 PM
im okay on working on them. i can do the normal things but i dont have a clue when getting into the engine. The dealer should have all the recalls done right? so will that help. what usually goes wrong with these bike?

florentino
08-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by wali2408
im okay on working on them. i can do the normal things but i dont have a clue when getting into the engine. The dealer should have all the recalls done right? so will that help. what usually goes wrong with these bike?
you really have to read all treads about the can am.
but cluch basket breaks. limp mode sucks and anything to do on this quad is 10 harder. just to take the gas tank or remove simple things like the radiator is a pain. and aftermarket is 2 times more then anything else. the motor are actualy real good . that is you keep them stock. once you make them fast they dont last. a stock motor with little mods is all you need.

i race mx in norcal on a bone stock 2008 ds and i have won 3 races vs real fast bikes. lots of 2nd and 3rds
the nice thing about the ds more then any bike is rider fatige
the only problems i had was broken frame.
but if i was you i get a 450 with a good set of shocks.
in the long run honda is the best for the wallet.
cause you can buy a ton of parts for it real cheap.
can am will be better in 3 years. cause this is there first model.

450Rida
08-10-2010, 10:05 PM
i got my 08 when they first came out and havent ever had it break down. it had two recals one on the clutch and one for the flywheel bolts. other than that its never been in the shop. i regualry change the oil, clean air filter and check the valves. i recomend buying a service manual so you can work on it yourself. its deff more relaible than a yfz. and as far as gettin at the motor its pretty easy like six bolts and the whole front fenders come off.