View Full Version : Another 50cc limited class question

jay-r
08-10-2010, 02:17 PM
I know the answer to the question, but I wanted to double check. I know it is a dumb question, but here goes.

Is it legal to run an aftermarket cylinder kit in the limited class?

I know that the stock cylinder will not keep up with the ported stock ones everyone is running.

Going to Loretta's this weekend to run our first national and trying to get everything figured out. Trying to decide whether to run 50cc Sr. or put the stock cylinder and pipe back on and run limited. My daughter is 6 so she can run either one. We are running stock a arms and swingarm with motowoz shocks.

Thanks,
Jamie

bigdeal00
08-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Only a DRR cylinder is legal.we are leaving in the morning.i ll have my spare in the trailer , its ported & works well if ur interested. We are the 00 machine limited stock .say hi if you see us.good luck:p

EthansDad
08-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Looking forward to seeing the Deal's again!

They are right on the rules. Also might want to check the link below on additional rules for stock 50. here is a cut from that link for quick reference:

50cc Limited: Production models. The following may be changed: shocks (limited to maximum 4" shock travel), tires, wheels (must not change stock width) internal portions of the motor, spark arrestor may be removed (must still meet 99db), sprockets, gearing, clutch, twist throttle, handlebars, grips, handle bar pads, front bumper, rear grab bar, air filter and jetting. Air box lid may be removed or modified. Fenders may be trimmed. Manufacturer installed parental speed limiting devices may be removed. Nerf bars or suitable floorboards and working tether cords are required. No other modifications are allowed, INCLUDING, carburetors, oil injection, air box, gas tank, exhaust systems, wheel base, width, rear axle, A-arm, steering dampener, and suspension (with the exception of shocks). However, if a violation is deemed by the referee to be cosmetic in nature, with no performance advantage or willful misconduct involved, a warning or fine may be issued in lieu of disqualification.

full rules:
http://www.atvmotocross.com/pages/amateur-racers/2010-supplemental-rules

jay-r
08-10-2010, 08:55 PM
bigdeal00 I sent you a pm.

bigdeal00
08-11-2010, 06:04 AM
We are excited about making the trip.We finally got the parachute and training wheels on the quad so maybe Cale will stay on the bike for a full moto.!!!!!Mr. Ahlm if you havent seen the pics from virginia, they are crazy.We will see you on Friday. jay-r i tried to pm you but my computeris not cooperating. i have ur number so i ll call you

RCR_531
08-12-2010, 06:22 AM
We will be in the Limited class with a stock motor too. So do feal bad if you do get the head put on.

jay-r
08-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Its all about the rider anyway. So, I am putting it back close to stock and see how she does. It looks like the limited class will have a pretty full gate. This will be our first national and we will have two others with us that are running the limited class for the first time also. My daughter will be on the white drr with pink graphics. Good luck.

RCR_531
08-12-2010, 08:02 AM
My son raced at one this year but it was the second race of his life. I can wait to see how he has improved. He is on a black with blue frame DRR number 21. Looking forward to meeting everyone down there.

jay-r
08-12-2010, 08:10 AM
If they will let us slash numbers, she will be slash 22. If not, I will have to find a different number, 122 maybe. Planning to go down this afternoon. I took the camper down on Tuesday afternoon and it was already filling up fast.

RCR_531
08-12-2010, 08:25 AM
I leave to night and was wondering about how full it will be. Now to make up my mind to pull the camper or get a room but that will be a little drive to get one now too. We just need a factory ride to take away some of this fun what to doproblems.lol

jay-r
08-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Decisions, descisions. We are between the creek and the track. Got a good spot, but no electric or water, so we will be running generators all weekend. I would say that you can get a primitive spot, but they are the same price as water/electric sites.

Bring the camper, that is part of the fun (hassle)! :D