PDA

View Full Version : importing quad to canada?

atvmxr
08-10-2010, 08:46 AM
I recall someone on here recently posting a quad forsale because they bought it in Michigan but couldnt get it across the border to Canada.

who was that and what was the problem to get it to Canada?

dlunn
08-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Contact 250RENVY. I brought one 2 months ago and never had any issues. Kevin just got screwed by some customs girl who wanted to throw her authority around.

way2fast4u_250R
08-10-2010, 10:31 AM
lived in canada and imported my 250r with no problem-then exported to the us when i moved back in 2005

250Renvy
08-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Yes, that was me. The problem was the frame was aftermarket and didn't have a proper VIN to it. She also didn't believe what I paid for it - knowing absolutely nothing about them and required me to get a notorized bill of sale and documented proof of what I paid through a bank withdrawal slip or something which neither is/was possible because I paid with cash.

Flyin_250r
08-12-2010, 06:33 PM
I brought my 250r across as well as my hybrid. They can be sticky at the border at times. Had a bill of sale for the R and had a bit of trouble with them feeling the value was incorrect, and had a bill of sale listed as a close course competition racing atv for the hybrid and had no issues. All depends on whos working the booth and if they feel the need to prove their power it seems.