PDA

View Full Version : Going to built me a 416

CoorsMan
02-04-2003, 06:25 PM
Help. I just found out I my ex sucked sand on my last trip to Glamis. So I decided to do a 416 kit. I was just wondering the following things:
1. what kind of piston and compression?
2. cam which one?
3. Should I get harden rockers and valves?
4. anything I might need??????????

My bike is setup like this right now K/N (no airbox lid), E-series pipe and a FCR39 carb

Any ideas..............

Thanks COORSMAN

Martin Blair
02-04-2003, 07:16 PM
I would say go with a JE piston with 11:1 comp ratio, and get some stage 2 hotcams, no need for new rockers, or hardending. And i would say get your head ported and your valves done.

HOT-ROD
02-04-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by CoorsMan
Help. I just found out I my ex sucked sand on my last trip to Glamis. So I decided to do a 416 kit. I was just wondering the following things:
1. what kind of piston and compression?
2. cam which one?
3. Should I get harden rockers and valves?
4. anything I might need??????????

My bike is setup like this right now K/N (no airbox lid), E-series pipe and a FCR39 carb

Any ideas..............

Thanks COORSMAN i really like my set up . it pulls extemely hard . pm me for heip .

Dune Surfer
02-04-2003, 08:06 PM
I have the setup listed below, I like the cam and porting, the 416 revs great but I'm upgrading to a 426. The hotcams2 is a good choice for Glamis, no hardened rockers or springs but I did go with new rockers.. Plan on using a mixture of race gas, with the heat there you will ping if you don't. I use 50/50. The XR head gasket is a good choice. If you are interested I have a 416 JE piston with about three months on it available. It's in great shape, I blew a head gasket and while I'm repairing it I couldn't stop myself from going bigger.:D The piston is a 10.8-1. make me an offer.
p.s. I live in San Diego and ride Glamis two or three times a month,lets get togther for a ride.
Good luck with your upgrades, are you doing the work yourself?
With a manual it's pretty easy. If you need any tips let me know.

CC Rider
02-04-2003, 08:11 PM
Just courious , how do you know you sucked in sand ? what are the signs that it has gotten in your motor? Anyone!

YZROOSTINYA
02-05-2003, 04:11 AM
there will be scoring or scracthing on the piston and cylinder wall. you will know it when you see it, and most likely the bike will begin to smoke excessively or seize. along with sand in the carb

i like my set up in sig. looking to get a carb, fcr 39 that is

3x440ex
02-05-2003, 08:49 AM
same thing happened to me( i got a little too deep in sandy water)and i rebuilt into a 440.....about 10hrs on the rebuild and it twisted the crank..when we opened the case there was a ton of slug still in there and the piston and sleeve were scored pretty bad too...i think what happened was the sand got around the bearings and that put too much stress on the crank.....we even tried flushing all the sand out with kerosien before the rebuild.