PDA

View Full Version : MY 440ex vs 450r 300ft drag video

JOHNDOE83
08-09-2010, 06:24 PM
My 440 vs a yfz450r.

both are purpose built drag atvs setup to run 300ft dirt drags.

my 440 wasnt jetted right and I wish I had a sproket change but even with that, this would have been a close race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gd5if6yAaM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbxcE9rHt90&feature=channel

Ian400ex
08-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Nice work there :p

JOHNDOE83
08-09-2010, 06:53 PM
It was pretty good, considering the mods the 450 had, we both had paddle tires, he was P&P, carb'd, lock out clutch, pipe filter, lowered with lightend weight...etc....Im forgetting some of the mods Im sure.

My lil 440 didnt lose by much, maybe 1/2 a length but god damn, for what I had and what he had I shouldve lost by alot more...lol.

My jetting was so lean with the 195 that I was poping off the line, my 210 got lost in the grass during a jett change...lol.

So all I had left was a 195 or a 220, the 220 I use on asphalt with no filter, here on dirt I needed a filter but lost my 210 in the grass...lol....damn I wish I had that 210 and time to change to a 13t sproket...this would have been a different race...lol.

08-09-2010, 07:09 PM
not bad. the boyz from the other site piss me off to day. man i wish i could get down there.

JOHNDOE83
08-09-2010, 07:24 PM
heck yeah eric, that whole day I was racing them I was thinking, man I wish ericrip was here...lol.

you see how close that race in the video was, that was the fastest quad out there...lol.

The race me and him did after that was neck and neck...seriously.

The guys from the other site talk alota trash but in person they are pretty cool, If you ever come down for one of these weekends that were gonna race just show up without telling them and run em into the ground...lol.

Thats kinda what I did and now they wanna ride together more often?....lol.

Theres even talk of us meeting at a asphalt track in the near future.

08-09-2010, 07:30 PM
yaeh i posted that you went to them and ran now thay need to come to you and run drag strip style on what you do.

JOHNDOE83
08-09-2010, 09:19 PM
They agreed that asphalt will be a better race....lol.

JOHNDOE83
08-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Heres video of me racing a ltz400 with alot of work done to it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEp7sm6fNb0

JOHNDOE83
08-09-2010, 10:16 PM
another vid of the 450 race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbxcE9rHt90&feature=channel

honda400ex2003
08-09-2010, 10:20 PM
we gotta get you guys a section... lol steve

JOHNDOE83
08-09-2010, 10:24 PM
LMAO.

there is a drag racing section here but its dead, so were taking over the "regular" 400ex section.

honda400ex2003
08-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
LMAO.

there is a drag racing section here but its dead, so were taking over the "regular" 400ex section.
i see that... you guys should start the drag section up again. you would get it stirred up with some of the vids. :D lol steve

08-10-2010, 04:52 AM
all come that is no fun ( lol ) we like to hight jack and go fast.

Scro
08-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
i see that... you guys should start the drag section up again. you would get it stirred up with some of the vids. :D lol steve

I agree. One or two threads about drag racing 400's would be alright, but it's starting to be a common topic in that section.

JOHNDOE83
08-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Regardless of whether or not its a common topic, its 400ex related, with all the help and disscusion on tuning a 400ex that myself has done in the 400ex section, this was the first time I posted video of my quad actually running.

The point was to show what a 400ex can do, not to turn the 400ex section into a drag racing forum!

Theres alot of badgering on the topic of how to tune a 400ex, Ive told many people, many times, that I was gonna post video of my quad running, if the topic of the post was different, you would not have made me switch to the drag racing section.

Theres other race videos in the 400ex section, why havent they been switched to this section? I feel as if Ive either been reported by someone being mischevious, or this is taken out of context, either way I feel that its not right that this thread was switched over.

Is it not possible for me to post racing video in the 400ex section? If so it needs to be stated in the terms and agreements for joining this site, I cant help but feel this isnt right!!!

This "IS" a 400ex related topic and "THIS" video being posted has been disscused in the 400ex section, whether or not its drag racing related means nothing.

Someone being mischevious had to of reported it, otherwise all related topics should be switched over.

Currently there is only a few drag racing "400ex's" topic's in that section, theres absolutly no reason for mine to have been switched!

droppedmazda
08-11-2010, 11:11 PM
sounds to me like honda400ex2003 is a damn crybaby. if you dont wanna read bout drag racing dont click on it. hes a damn postwhore anyway. he always replying to posts and actually has no idea what hes talkin about.

honda400ex2003
08-12-2010, 08:21 AM
http://smilieshq.com/smilies/rolleye0018.gif (http://www.smilieshq.com)

now that is some funny stuff! ^^^

:D :D :D :D

steve

08-12-2010, 12:39 PM
10x on what droppedmazda said im glade to see others stick up for what you belive in. and im not pushing any thing so you do have to give me the boot. im just using my rigths. i plead the first. just playing.:devil:

JOHNDOE83
08-13-2010, 02:15 PM
I agree with dropped mazda, theres more then just me and eric that have said that steves knowledge only goes as far as his "degree" which really means NOTHING for tunning ATVs.

He fails to look out side the box, along with many others here, for one, why would a bigger carb need smaller jetting, it just doesnt make sense....lol.

I like steve, I thought me and him were cool, I dont understand why he is such a hater now???

I hope we someday we can put all this past us, but seriously it might take some time after all this.

I guess when some people are wrong about things they just take it badly?

He had to get rid of the evidence I guess...lol

honda400ex2003
08-13-2010, 03:39 PM
the unfortunate part is i really dont care about what you do and dont "hate" on anyone. you idiots keep going with it... I just stated that we had to get you guys a section. I did not report anything nor do i really care to. I do not send stupid pms asking why i reported a thread, nor do i even pm anyone. you can think what you want as will I on many topics that is why the world is different. I know what i am talking about, you know what you are talking about, great. get off your little school girl rampages and give it up. i thought you 10 yr olds were above this but it has been a week and it is still going on. I believe that your knowledge is nuts as you mine. I dont care and will keep helping people with things when they ask them. I have had just about every setup known to a 400ex in the past 7 yrs. from a slip on exhaust and filter, to what i have today. you can believe what you guys want to, i have tuned my machine every step of the way, and changed every part installed on my machine myself. no biggy i is all part of the fun of having my 400. I get to see it transform into something different every time i do something else to it. I know what works good for different things since i have used that setup for that reason or otherwise and either dealt with how it ran or fixed it how i wanted it. now please after 4 days give it up gents. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: steve

JOHNDOE83
08-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Dude, I sent you that Pm just to ask if you did, with the intention of working it out with you so we could come to a aggrement. If you would have told me there was a problem, I would have changed it out of "respect" for YOU....which I do not receive from you obviously.

Your methods really have no bearing, its just your opinion, my methods are on hundreds of websites and used by thousands of people.

You tell us to drop it, its been 4 days, you guys keep reporting it and I only have 1 drag racing related thread, so you guys are singleing me out for NO reason. and there are many others that post "drag racing" related threads in that section that you havent reported.

If you dislike drag racing and me for some odd reason then stay out of the drag racing section.

If im wrong about how you feel about me, then maybe instead of snickering at me in that pm like a 10year old, maybe you couldve handled it better and talked to me about it like I was trying to do with you.

Ian400ex
08-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by droppedmazda
sounds to me like honda400ex2003 is a damn crybaby. if you dont wanna read bout drag racing dont click on it. hes a damn postwhore anyway. he always replying to posts and actually has no idea what hes talkin about.

To be honest, you just sound like a dumbass.

I mean, hey guys. Lets be biased because he posts too much! Really? 10 year old?

JOHNDOE83
08-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Ian400ex
To be honest, you just sound like a dumbass.

I mean, hey guys. Lets be biased because he posts too much! Really? 10 year old?

Dude, you should really stay out of this, your alright, dont get involved.

honda400ex2003
08-13-2010, 04:09 PM
once and for all... im not a moderator nor do care to be. I have no issues with anyone, i do go off my own judgement for given recommendations. I know that your "method" is tested john, I have never doubted that. it is not your method anyway. i dont mind drag racing nor what people post about them. I dont care how fast someones machine is, nor do i care. I think i handle any question the same, calm and collected even if it may come off that way in a pm or otherwise. My apologizes for that... If there is a post that has turned ugly and needs to be closed or otherwise is not following the rules, it needs to be reported for not following the rules... as this one has. i dont care since i am involved also for no apparent reason. this was originally posted in the 400ex forum, it was moved. so when droppedmazda (whom was a day late and 2, count them 2 dollars short) came in and started badmouthing it is not neccessary. you were not even involved leave it at that. I am done, no disrespect to anyone, no hard feelings, nothing from me. unsubscribed, steve

Ian400ex
08-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
Dude, you should really stay out of this, your alright, dont get involved.
Steve has helped me relentlessly on my 400. He is the one that took his carb apart on the cam to show me. He is the one I play Q&A with. If it wasn't for him on msn my post count would be right around 500 already. I think I'll get involved for a good guy.

Scro
08-13-2010, 06:15 PM
If you still have an issue with someone, have at it in PM. Consider the subject publicly dropped.