PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Suzuki LT230 Sport/For parts (Central NJ)

CJM
08-09-2010, 02:12 PM
$300/best offer, dont bother if your gonna offer me $50-100 bucks the parts alone could fetch that. Sorry no pics currently, ask and Ill snag some as soon as I can if need be.

I aint looking to make money off it-just perhaps someone can use the parts and these quads are kinda hard to find these days. Perhaps could be a nice platform to drop a 2 stroke engine into, maybe another engine, rebuild the good engine or just use it for parts

This is a parts/complete quad, it is in bad shape as it currently has a bad motor that threw a rod (complete engine) and a good parts motor that needs to be put back together-it is missing the piston and one of the case covers (cover could be used off other motor). Right now its apart and would need to be redone. Both engines are out of the frame currently and apart. I have everything that came off them however and was rebuilding them but lost interest. The good engine is tot he point I was splitting the case.

Plastics are newer maiers and in good to excellent shape , they are the yellow with the blue center. Seat is ok, has a decent sized worn/torn area near the kickstarter.

Currently has a pair of decent kendas on the back and the fronts could used to be replaced as they are dry rotted but do hold air, all wheels are gold. I also have an extra white wheel thats for the front with a good/decent tire.

Frame is in good shape, minimal if any rust, no damage. The skids I have but the swinger skid busted off with the bolts still stuck in the carrier.

Im sure I also have some misc odds and ends for it. It did run, but due to lack of oil it threw the rod/piston thru the head on the bad engine. it does have a pretty decent DG exhaust on it tho and when it did run it had some pretty good power.

Im located in central NJ about an hour or so from philly and about 45mins from NYC. If you can figure out a way to ship it halfway across the country ill do that too.