PDA

View Full Version : oil change problem

fatboy666
08-07-2010, 11:28 PM
everytime i change my oil i fill it right under the H line in the sight glass. i run it for about 10 minutes and check it again. and its way over full. anyone tell me if im doing something wrong?

i tried filling it right above the low mark and it drained it. put more in to the L and it stayed at low. added a little bit more and now its over the H. starting to get annouying.

anyone know the exact amount of oil it needs? ive been using the gallon jugs of shell rotell 15 40

DnB_racing
08-08-2010, 03:23 AM
you capacity is

.78 liter after draining

.82 liter after filter

1.2 liter after disassembly

I would think the high level is caused by air bubbles expanding with the heat, after cooling it should be right back to wear you started, if not then its leaking from your tranny into your crank which I doubt if the seal goes it usually leaks into tranny not crank side

mx Eli
08-08-2010, 07:22 AM
mine does the same thing out around 1/3 quart of oil in then run it for couple seconds then shut her off and add more until it comes to the low line then go out and run it for a couple minute's and then add accordingly

If you do add to much pull the filler cap and tip the quad over by lifting on the nerf bar it is a lot easier to control how much you dump out

4reeds
08-10-2010, 01:17 PM
How about measuring out the correct amount and then add it.Just a thought,works pretty good for me.

BSTURDIVANT
08-10-2010, 03:20 PM
ALWAYS run your quad till warm or roll it over a few times to blow the oil out of the crank section (reed leaks back through traping oil)!
Fill to H mark and run till warm.
Let it set for 2 to 5 min. for the oil to drain down and then add to H mark!

pitsrule
08-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Fluids expand when they get warm. If you let the engine cool completely the oil level will probably drop back down to where it was.

Just make sure you put the correct amounts in and you will be ok.