PDA

View Full Version : KQ 700 uprgades

eaglez_eye83
08-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Just bought my first atv. A 05 KQ 700 with 123 miles on it. Figured I would check out a forum for ideas from people with more expirience. Looking to do maybe an exhaust and efi tuner. Just wondering on any recamendations. Thanks

steel1
09-28-2010, 01:51 PM
copperhead Ecu
some kind of pipe
coop45
air filter(K&N or twin air foam)

do this and u will be a happy person

firefighterjosh
09-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Do some clutch upgrades as well.

Check out nyrocatv.com for the tech tips

eaglez_eye83
09-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I already have a K&N air filter on cause I heard alot of bad things about the stock filter. Looking into a Hmf pipe for it next. I already did some cosmetic and did the rockstar cam graphics kit, now its time for performance.

firefighterjosh
09-30-2010, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by eaglez_eye83
Thanks for the advice guys, I already have a K&N air filter on cause I heard alot of bad things about the stock filter. Looking into a Hmf pipe for it next. I already did some cosmetic and did the rockstar cam graphics kit, now its time for performance.

Which HMF? I had a HMF race or sport (something like that) series and it was super loud. When I raced I was the loudest quad for sure.

I ended up getting a Yoshi and it sounded better and was a little quiter.

My dad have a HMF swamp series and its pretty quite

eaglez_eye83
09-30-2010, 07:56 AM
i was looking into the performance series with the added quiet core. Should I run there tuner with this or is there batter ones to run?

firefighterjosh
09-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by eaglez_eye83
i was looking into the performance series with the added quiet core. Should I run there tuner with this or is there batter ones to run?

I would get a copperhead ECU or normally called VDI.
http://www.velocitydevices.com/

Its more expensive but you can custom tune everything.