PDA

View Full Version : thinking about cobra

kfx450
08-06-2010, 06:21 PM
are cobras any more expensive than a cvt if you are leaving them stock and racing in the woods.

Might be thinking about a 50 auto for local hs.

TT450RVET
08-13-2010, 10:12 PM
we have both. complete aftermarket LT front and rear suspension on the DRR with only stock still on the cobra. son states handling and suspension on the cobra is allot better than drr and the cobra is still in stock form. This is the input from a 10 year old. when comparing costs there really is not that much difference when you get down to it. once you pay to build up a cvt you can have as much if not more than for a used or even a new cobra. to me it comes down to rider comfort and my son states the cobra wins. as far as also rebuilding the motors etc. the cobra also seems to be a little less expensive and easier to maintain to me as the motor is more like a simple 2 stroke motor like in a dirtbike. they both will require allot of maintance to maintain and both have their benefits so either way you need to be on top of them at all time. I go back to this fact the cobra was designed to be a race quad where the apex and drr and other cvts where not really intended for what they are used for. There is allot of plus and negatives for both but the main concern would be to check into where you race or wanting to use the atv for to make sure there is no issues and they have a class for which ever you decide to purchase. Good luck and really you don't lose either way.

Full Throttle00
08-15-2010, 01:39 AM
100% agree with TT450RVET