PDA

View Full Version : motowoz shock question?

tjsdaname
08-06-2010, 08:55 AM
I got my new motowoz rear the other day, and its nice!.

we got the ride height at about 7 1/2 in the rear and 7 3/4 in the front.
and it sags about 2 inches without me on it, with me on it it sags about 5 inches, how do you adjust that? the crossovers?
and how much do I want it to sag with me on it?

JParisi48
08-06-2010, 09:36 AM
call jim or someone at motowoz, im sure they will give u a good answer, or even email them, they respond pretty quick. awesome shocks, and awesome service!

quad2xtreme
08-10-2010, 07:14 AM
loosen the top nut until it just touches the spring. Sit on your quad with full gear on and see what the height is beneath the pegs. You should be at about 6 3/4-7" for mx.

If you need to spin the nut on the top...count the number of times until you get the proper ride height. If you have to spin it more than 4 times, the spring setup is not right for your weight. If you can't get it down to 6 3/4 with the nut just touching the spring then the springs are too stiff for your weight.

Stay away zero preload springs on the rear. Honestly, one spring is the easiest to dial-in...two springs is fine as long as the shorter one isn't so soft that it isn't really doing anything.

motowoz makes a very good product and Jim can definitely work with you in setting it up properly. Jim can talk to you about the crossovers if necessary. His work differently than other shocks because of the hard stops associated with them.

tjsdaname
08-10-2010, 12:54 PM
when there is no tension on the spring, the ride height is about 6 3/4 at the pegs.
we had to turn it 3 1/2 times to get the ride height to 7 1/4

it sits right where I want it now...

quad2xtreme
08-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by tjsdaname
when there is no tension on the spring, the ride height is about 6 3/4 at the pegs.
we had to turn it 3 1/2 times to get the ride height to 7 1/4

it sits right where I want it now...

Yep, that is perfect springs for your weight. I like to keep my ride a bit higher too just to protect the frame. I've been known to land short more than once. ;) BTW, I used to run Motowoz. I got them as spares when I had to have my Stadium shocks redone. I kept the Stadium because they matched my House sli-cast a-arms whereas the Motowoz went with a pair of SMC a-arms. Those shocks were better. They have a triple seal in them.

ZBlaster
08-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Yep, that is perfect springs for your weight. I like to keep my ride a bit higher too just to protect the frame. I've been known to land short more than once. ;) BTW, I used to run Motowoz. I got them as spares when I had to have my Stadium shocks redone. I kept the Stadium because they matched my House sli-cast a-arms whereas the Motowoz went with a pair of SMC a-arms. Those shocks were better. They have a triple seal in them.

I hope you have better luck with your Stadium shocks then I did. :ermm:

quad2xtreme
08-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by ZBlaster
I hope you have better luck with your Stadium shocks then I did. :ermm:

I have Fox's on order right now. The Stadiums were good except I blew the bladder once...but I was riding when it was just under freezing temps. Guessing I didn't account for the thicker oil.

I do think the Motowoz were better though...definitely a softer more reactive ride.

ZBlaster
08-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I have Fox's on order right now. The Stadiums were good except I blew the bladder once...but I was riding when it was just under freezing temps. Guessing I didn't account for the thicker oil.

I do think the Motowoz were better though...definitely a softer more reactive ride.

First race on mine I had to pull off on the 2nd lap because one of my fronts was sitting on the bumpstop. :rolleyes:

Had that fixed and it would never settle at the same height as the other side, always slightly more compressed.