PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Suzuki Lt 50. HEEEEELPP!!!! Questions.

lyrikz74
08-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Man. WHat a mess. I need some help. I took the suzuki quad to the sand. Set the brakes, turned the choke on and pulled a few times. It started and i was blippin the throttle to keep the revs up and then it bogged down and died. I tried starting it over and over and wouldnt start. I then noticed a ROCK jammed in the exhaust tip... One of the little kids put a round rock in and it flipped up and jammed in the exhaust...I mean, it made a PERFECT seal on the exhaust. I pulled that out and still no start..

So, i get the rig home. tear off the plastics and i pulled the head and the jug. Long story on why i did that. I thought the piston wasnt moving, but i forgot to set the brake. lol. So, i replaced all the gaskets. put it back together, new spark plug. Torqued everything down. STILL no start... PUlled the plug and its getting good spark. I can unbolt the carb, spray starter fluid in the intake and it wont start. Barelly get a tiny studder. There is 2 tubes that are coming off the carb that go no where. The bottom one i believe is just meant to hang down. Then there is a clear top one. Small one. Has no home. I think that is a vent also. not to sure. It just wont start. I have a sad sad kid at home without his quad...

ANy ideas what to try next. THe compression is 120. The rings are set on teh pins like they are supposed to be. i think im getting fuel because there is gas on the plug. But, wont start.... ANY HELP?????????

Coley'sdad#8
08-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Fuel, air and spark will make it go boom, if your plug is wet then you have fire problem, look @ kill switches, safety switches ect.

NEVER spray starting fluid in your lil 2 smoker engine, your completely cutting the lubrication out, Starting fluid was made specifically for amazing large crowds of people with a big fireball as you spray and light it or something useful like burning ants.

You may need to check the crank seals with all the back pressure from the rock plug they could have been damaged and leaking.

The clear hoses are really just a bendy straw your kid dropped on the engine and it got warm and melted. No not really, you should have a bowl drain hose (bottom of carb) and a bowl vent hose )side of carb)

If you are getting gas then it is fire, check grounds under coil, frame to engine ect. and definately that brake switch

lyrikz74
08-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Ok.
So, the brake switch is set. key is on, button is out. It shows spark. When i push the button in, the spark goes away. So, we are good there.

Im now not so sure its getting gas the right way.. THere is two hoses coming off the fuel tank. One goes into the carb, the other goes in right at the inlet of the engine.

ONe side is PRI, the other side is PRI. ANd when its facing downwards its on. NOw, when i disconnect both fuel lines and i turn it to PRI towards the back of the quad, no fuel comes out. When i turn it to PRI towards the front of the quad. TONS of fuel comes out.. When i have it on ON. NO FUEL comes on..... That doesnt seem right....

THoughts????

Mehrl38
08-06-2010, 09:51 AM
The Tubes coming from the carb that just hang down are just drain/vent tubes. Check your pet cock and your lines leading to the carb. drain them out and make sure nothing is blocking it that could make it be reversed with the gas flow ( OFF - Fuel Comes out / ON - Fuel doesnt come out.) Take the carb off and clean it all out with brake cleaner. If you have another stater switch it out with the one in there now and see if that works. also do the same with your CDI. If you have anymore problems give SnyderMotorsports a call Shawn, Steve or Dylan would most likely be able point you in some good directions on how to get that baby running. 330-345-5443

lyrikz74
08-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Mehrl38
The Tubes coming from the carb that just hang down are just drain/vent tubes. Check your pet cock and your lines leading to the carb. drain them out and make sure nothing is blocking it that could make it be reversed with the gas flow ( OFF - Fuel Comes out / ON - Fuel doesnt come out.) Take the carb off and clean it all out with brake cleaner. If you have another stater switch it out with the one in there now and see if that works. also do the same with your CDI. If you have anymore problems give SnyderMotorsports a call Shawn, Steve or Dylan would most likely be able point you in some good directions on how to get that baby running. 330-345-5443

Its a pull start motor. NO starter. Im going to pull the fuel lines completely. clean em all out. CLean out the carb. And give that a shot. IM open for any other suggestions. IM sure its not spark because its bright and tons of spark... HURTS like a ***** when holding it in the wrong spot. lol

Coley'sdad#8
08-06-2010, 09:58 AM
HURTS like a ***** when holding it in the wrong spot. lol

That's when you go get the kids to help, human spark testers:D

lyrikz74
08-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Coley'sdad#8
HURTS like a ***** when holding it in the wrong spot. lol

That's when you go get the kids to help, human spark testers:D

Yep. lol.

Im going to disconnect the fuel line from the tank, and put a funnel in the end of the line and fill it with fuel so its just hooked up to the carb.. That should tell me if something is clogged in the tank....

Besides that, i dotn really know what else to do... Spark, compression, and if that doesnt do it. idk.

Mehrl38
08-06-2010, 10:08 AM
ive been a human spark tester a couple times.....NOT FUN haha

quadrider79
08-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Check the crank seal behind the stator. I have seen them pop out. If that seal is not in place, you'll never get it started. With that rock in the exhaust if might have pushed it out.

lyrikz74
08-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by quadrider79
Check the crank seal behind the stator. I have seen them pop out. If that seal is not in place, you'll never get it started. With that rock in the exhaust if might have pushed it out.

THats the seal behind the gold little wheel where you pull to start??? I will check that also.

LT80
08-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by quadrider79
Check the crank seal behind the stator. I have seen them pop out.

Clutch side too.

jerkyboy
08-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Like said above check crank seals. Also when you pull the pull start can you feel anything coming out of the exhaust, there could have been more than just 1 rock in there. He might have been putting rocks in there and finally found one that fit. You now how kids are. LOL

LT80
08-07-2010, 07:21 AM
That's what I first thought too. He said it's clear now. I was hoping that he double checked.

lyrikz74
08-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Ok it runs. New issue now. At full throttle it bogs and wants to die. I then noticed some leaking coming from the head gasket. So I'm gonna replace that again and retorque.

I think that's why it dies out at ful throttle

lyrikz74
08-10-2010, 08:58 PM
UPDATE!!!!!

Ok, got it all back together, took the intake blocker out, removed the muffler. It was kinda clogged. holy crap it brought it to life, BUT, i think its running lean, if i full throttle it, it will spit and sputter a bit, and if i turn the choke on as its full throttled it OPENS UP And just TAKES off. ahaha. So i think im not gettin enough fuel. Anyone know where i can get some bigger jets for this thing???

lyrikz74
08-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by LT80
That's what I first thought too. He said it's clear now. I was hoping that he double checked.

Silly question. dont laugh. The cylinder head. I dont know if i have it on right. Once side of the fins is a little longer then the other side. Which way does the longer side go. Currently i have the longer side fins facing downward. Is this correct??

Darren A
08-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by lyrikz74
UPDATE!!!!!

Ok, got it all back together, took the intake blocker out, removed the muffler. It was kinda clogged. holy crap it brought it to life, BUT, i think its running lean, if i full throttle it, it will spit and sputter a bit, and if i turn the choke on as its full throttled it OPENS UP And just TAKES off. ahaha. So i think im not gettin enough fuel. Anyone know where i can get some bigger jets for this thing???

There are double stacked main jets just take out the the first one that should fix it.