PDA

View Full Version : Any Utah Riders?

standardryder
08-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Just moved to West Jordan from Mass, the riding scene is pretty sick out here. Looking for some good spots to ride, not trying to get anyone's secrets, just some good public spots. Anything really worth checking out?

quadrider
08-05-2010, 11:59 PM
cainville, might not be local for you but it's the best place on earth to ride

yellow416ex
08-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Welcome to utah! 5-mile pass is pretty fun. There's tons of trails and not too far from west jordan. It's always super dusty out there though

standardryder
08-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Sick, Ill have to check that out Ive been hearing good things. Ive been riding bacus with a few dudes I met but Ill be registered up tomorrow so I wont be so sketched about going places.
Thanks

Black Sheep
08-09-2010, 07:24 AM
If your into dunes there is little sahara recreational park. Some of the biggest dunes/bowls are there. It should only be about 2 1/2 hour drive from where our at. I recently got back from 4 days out there. I wouldn't ride alone though, you can easily get lost out there. I think there is about 60-80,000 acres of riding.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Little Sahara is the best ride spot around. I live in West Valley and it takes just under 2 hours to get there. Another fun spot that's within an hour drive is Delle. It has a youth MX track that you can play on for free, it's nothing huge but it's fun. There's also huge flats that are fun for hauling butt or practicing riding the rear wheels. :p If you ever want someone to go ride with shoot me a PM. Also, I'm planning a trip for the first or second weekend of September to go to Little Sahara. PM me if you're interested in going out. ;)

Here's a couple vids from Delle-

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vQ9rlDLnaEY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vQ9rlDLnaEY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZkzWrbF-Wxc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZkzWrbF-Wxc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

yellow416ex
08-09-2010, 03:55 PM
That track in Delle looks like fun, how far off the highway is that?

There's another place out that way called the knolls. I haven't been but I hear its worth the drive.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by yellow416ex
That track in Delle looks like fun, how far off the highway is that?

There's another place out that way called the knolls. I haven't been but I hear its worth the drive.

I personally don't care for knolls but my buddy loves it out there. Delle is literally right off the side of the freeway. Go West on I-80 heading towards knolls and you'll see a Sinclair. It's about 30 miles after the SR201 entrance to I-80. It's right behind the Sinclair. If you go you should stop at the Sinclair and buy yourself some drinks or what ever. The owner of the Sinclair owns the property and lets people ride there for free so most people that know try and give him some business.

Edit- Here's a pic for reference. When you get to this intersection turn East and you can't miss it.-
http://www.scripting.com/images/2003/drivingAcrossUSA/day2/day2%20028.jpg

yellow416ex
08-09-2010, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
[B]I personally don't care for knolls but my buddy loves it out there. Delle is literally right off the side of the freeway. Go West on I-80 heading towards knolls and you'll see a Sinclair. It's about 30 miles after the SR201 entrance to I-80. It's right behind the Sinclair. If you go you should stop at the Sinclair and buy yourself some drinks or what ever. The owner of the Sinclair owns the property and lets people ride there for free so most people that know try and give him some business.

Oh ok cool, I've stopped there a couple times to pee and get more caffiene on my way to wendover, but its always at night so I never noticed a track out there. Definitely gonna check that out

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah it's a decent place for a day trip. I like it better than 5-mile because it's not full of boulders. :p PM me if you plan on goin out, I'm looking for some more people to ride with. I've been on this forum since '06 and I get on daily. Lol

DnB_racing
08-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by standardryder
Just moved to West Jordan from Mass, the riding scene is pretty sick out here. Looking for some good spots to ride, not trying to get anyone's secrets, just some good public spots. Anything really worth checking out? Im in mass and its so depressing how little riding we have! is it a lot better out there?

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Another place if you like some trail riding is trout creek by strawberry reservoir. You can ride trails for days out there and it's some nice scenary. I will upload some pics when I get home.

standardryder
08-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Dang theres more places out here then i thought, looks like I'll have to plan some trips. I noticed some of you guys are on yfz's, what are you running for jetting? I'm having a hell of a time getting mine to run right.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-09-2010, 09:39 PM
With the mods in your sig I'm not sure what you'd have to run. I have a TC Shorty and Fuel Customs intake and run a 48 pilot with a 172 main. It's just a hair rich around the Valley but perfect for the Dunes. I'm not positive it's a 172 but I'm pretty sure, changed it the beginning of summer so I can't remember for sure. :p

There are a lot of spots out here to ride.

|- All around Strawberry, 100's of miles of trails

|- 5 Mile Pass, lots of trails but very rocky

|- Delle, Small track and lots of flats

|- Deseret Peak MX, Awesome track in Tooele, $10 entry.

|- Knolls, Sand but nothing you'll need paddles for

|- Little Sahara, Sand Mountain and huge bowls that you can ride for days

There's many more I just can't think of them right now.

F-16Guy
08-10-2010, 06:17 AM
Another place that's really great is Coral Pink Dunes. It's a little bit of a drive (probably 5-6 hours from the SLC area), but it's well worth the drive if you go for at least a long weekend. It's right on the edge of Zion National Park, so the scenery is incredible. It's at about 6,000 feet, so you may need to bring a leaner main jet. It's not nearly as big as LS, but the dunes are fun, there are some good trails, and on the far edge of the dunes there is a one-way trail with big berms on the corners that you can rip down. It's a good time.

yellow416ex
08-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
Yeah it's a decent place for a day trip. I like it better than 5-mile because it's not full of boulders. :p PM me if you plan on goin out, I'm looking for some more people to ride with. I've been on this forum since '06 and I get on daily. Lol

Yeah 5-mile is pretty rocky, its a fun place to camp though. I really want to check out delle so I will let you know when I can get up that way.

I don't know if you guys are in to drag racing, but they have sanctioned sand drags in delta all summer long.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-11-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm more into MX and duning although I do some drags up the face at Little Sahara.

standardryder
08-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Just got back from 5-mile, and all I can say is... DAMN! Theres probably more riding in that one area then the entire state of Mass! It was pretty rocky but not nearly as bad as New Hampshire. If theres better places then that, itll be worth the drive. What about MX tracks that allow quad practices?

standardryder
08-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Also got the quad dyno tuned at KBR, runs like a champ. Putting out 48.14 HP and 33.76 FT-LB torque, not too shabby.

DnB_racing
08-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Just got back from 5-mile, and all I can say is... DAMN! Theres probably more riding in that one area then the entire state of Mass! It was pretty rocky but not nearly as bad as New Hampshire. If theres better places then that, itll be worth the drive. What about MX tracks that allow quad practices? so your saying that mass isn't in even in the same ballpark!! im jealous!!!! this state is so depressing woods closing all the time,Im trailering it more than im riding it! Ill pull it an hour to ride an area that take 30 minutes to ride the whole area

standardryder
08-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
so your saying that mass isn't in even in the same ballpark!! im jealous!!!! this state is so depressing woods closing all the time,Im trailering it more than im riding it! Ill pull it an hour to ride an area that take 30 minutes to ride the whole area

Yeah dude get out of that hole! Atleast take a trip somewhere mass has a horrible off road scene.

DnB_racing
08-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Yeah dude get out of that hole! Atleast take a trip somewhere mass has a horrible off road scene. I wish I could up and leave this dump!! I live in Fitchburg its an arm pit at best!!!!but sadly im stuck here until my 2 kids graduate in several more years!!its so bad here that I have to pay for private school to keep them from going to a school that is in lock down with metal detectors at the door and full time video surveillance in the halls to TRY to keep the crime and violence down