PDA

View Full Version : Newbie CVT owner... HELP please

miniquaddad90
08-05-2010, 06:21 AM
Here is the deal. My daughter races XC and my son wanted to start racing too. I picked up a Kasea 90 with Works front shocks, Hetrick arms, pipe, and clutch kit, Elka rear shock. The quad is awesome, fast, and handles decent but sits WAY too low to the ground for XC racing. I would like some input on gaining some ground clearance and also putting a rear hyd. foot brake on it. I have a Eton rear axle, carrier, and disk brake but figured someone could point me in a good direction on what pedal and master cylinder would be easy to adapt to the quad.

Any help would be appreciated!

jerkyboy
08-05-2010, 06:55 AM
Not sure about ground clearance with the single a-arms but Ive got a rear foot brake I can sell you. $85.00 shipped I use it on both my sons quads and he likes the foot brake much better than the hand brake.

nordic quad
08-05-2010, 08:20 AM
I dont know what tires you have on the quad now but larger/wider tires might help with ground clerance.Something like,Duro AT 18*9.50-8 on the rear and Kenda Klaw 20*6-10 on the front,i know this is the tallest tires we have for our quads.

Stein A

miniquaddad90
08-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Jerkyboy- I prob will take the footbrake, just want to see how it mounts up. Is that a Honda master cylinder?

Nordic Quad- Currently running 20" fronts and the 18" snow hogs which are more like 16" actual size. I just was worried about the larger tires killing the belt or clutch because most have such a larger footprint.

I've seen some "rear shock relocators" but dont know if that will help plus I hate to buy another rear shock if a longer one is needed since it already has a Elka rear shock on it.

BTW- I messed up it has GT Thunder single +2 arms on it, not Hetrick

miniquaddad90
08-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Anyone have any ideas to get around the square front hubs? I would like to go with 10" front wheels and ditch the 8" fronts. Tired some of our 10" fronts but without grinding into the wheel they wont fit.

hasbeenttduner
08-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Take a look at the maxxis 18x6.5x8 razr cross or the itp 18x8x8 quad cross. Both are taller then the 18 snow hog and are used on 90 cvt minis all the time.

jerkyboy
08-05-2010, 10:46 AM
miniquaddad90 The foot brake mounts on the swingarm bolt. Do you run nerfbars or still have the stock floorboards. I don't know
if the footbrake will work with the stock floorboards.

nordic quad
08-05-2010, 11:31 AM
The Duro/Kenda klaw tire package is what comes stock on the European Apex.We have used these tires on our stock 100 and 70 and also the 70 with a Polini top end.I newer changed gearing when running the bigger tires maybe only a bit ligther weights.I took some heights measurements on our quads for comparison.Rear:Maxxis M 940 18*9-8 was 16,3"tall and the Duros was about 18,3"tall.Fronts Maxxis Razor was 18" and theKenda Klaws was 19"tall.The ITP Turftamers should be very similar to the Duros in size.Hope this helps .
Stein A

TTracer#22
08-05-2010, 03:30 PM
I have a billet piece the mount to the stock floorboard mounts on a kasea and it takes a CR85 foot brake leaver which is alot better than the DRR Hetrick used to make them and I kept mine if your interested I can shoot you some pictures tonight.

Ryko racing
08-05-2010, 05:40 PM
call rich at hetricks, he may be able to move the shock mon=unts to raise the bike.

Did you try to adjust the ride height using the adjustments on the shock?

miniquaddad90
08-06-2010, 06:18 AM
Thanks for all of the feedback!!! Im gonna try the Razr Cross rear tires on it and hyd. brakes and go from there. We have a "back up" TRX90 for my daughter and I hope to have him on that this fall. With dual a-arms and L.T. suspension on the Honda I think it will suit his needs better but the Kasea is a great learning tool not having to shift it.

Mehrl38
08-06-2010, 09:44 AM
CAll SNyderMotorsports. They can help you through the process of learning the CVTs and make it fast :D They won lorettas last year in the 70cc class and have some monster 90cc quads. give them a call also about the suspension they are hooked up with ELKA Suspension and they are the U.S Distributor for Frap Ball Joints. They have helped me so much throughout the years of my racing. Give Shawn a call @ 330-345-5443 you wont be dissapointed.