PDA

View Full Version : steering stabilizer questions

EPDP99
08-04-2010, 08:01 PM
I have an Alba pro elite "stick" style stabilizer. After I built the quad and added gussets to the frame it doesnt like to mount up. I have the remote rezzies mount on the front frame bars(where they were before the gusset job) and had room for the stabilizer there too. I can make it work in the same location but the bracket on the stabilizer itself is all the way at the end of the housing towards the stem vs in the middle. Will that be a problem? I have the hiem end on the stem clamp on left side of the stem and the frame mount on the right front frame(where rezzie is). It doesnt seem to bind or limit travel and clears everything. Also I need to rebuild it but was trying to get everything test fit with my new billet rezzie clamps instead of the hose clamp style. Will the shindy rebuild kits work for them since the research I have done is that pretty much all stick style stabilizers are made by shindy? because thats only $20 parts kit instead of paying an arm and a leg for it to be "professionally" rebuilt.... Any help would be appreciated.