PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Transmission Problem

Steves400ex
08-04-2010, 04:58 PM
So me and my friends were riding our 400ex's his is a 2000.He started noticeing that the quad wanted to jump out of gear, so he came to a stop all of the sudden when we tried to get going again his quad would fire up fine and run and idle as long as the clutch was pulled in as soon as you let it out it was like the transmission was binding him to a hault... axel would not spin at all and the transmission was saying neutral but when you realease the clutch same binding forceing the engine to stall out... Thought at first it was his rotor cause he bent it but we undid the master link to tow him home and once the chain was removed everything spun freely... Basically Im almost sure its something tranny related, but wanted your guys input... Then if it is the transmission would the motor need to come out the frame??? I found a complete transmission set on ebay for 150 shipped but with a manual is it something thats easy to do or are parts gonna come popping out because of springs and such and in worst case if the motor has to come out and its not a easy job what do you think would a shop would charge or better yet how many hours you think they will base it on with us removeing the motor???

rocky_mtn_honda
08-04-2010, 05:23 PM
i have a tranny for sale...let me know if you need it. and yea the motors gonna need pulled, and split wide open. as long as your mechanically inclined and you have a good factory service manual, you'll be fine. online parts microfiches help a lot also.