PDA

View Full Version : RV Help need ideas!

DESDAK4
02-04-2003, 10:49 AM
Just wanted to see if any of you on here might be able to help clear up my choices. I am in the market for a new RV and I have to be able to haul the quads also. See up here in ND you can tripple (truck,camper then atv trailer) back home in OR you can not. So I was just woundering how all of you move your gear for the long weekends and camping trips:confused2

Thanks
Jay
USAF

YLW400
02-04-2003, 10:52 AM
They do make the SUV type trailers that have storage in the back of the trailer. I think the beds fold up into the sides of the trailer. have kitchen a bathroom up front. I want one of those BAD

DESDAK4
02-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Yes we love those aswell however they are hard to come by up here because noone buys them because they can tripple tow. I may end up going home to Oregon sometime to buy one. But, I was jsut woundering what everybody else does.

Jay
USAF

YLW400
02-04-2003, 11:01 AM
Well, I tow a 4x8 open trailer....lol...But hope to have a SUV one of these days. Good luck!!

fourwhls
02-04-2003, 12:05 PM
We have a 27ft Motorhome and pull a trailer. The only disadvantage to that is when you get to your distination, your RV is your transportation unless others follow in cars/trucks.

The motorhome is nice for long trips. The wife can go in the back and fix a hot meal while driving down the road.

Toy haulers are also nice. One thing to look into is do you want your bikes in the same area you eat and sleep?
They make toy haulers with seperate areas, garage and living. You will be into the 28ft range before you'll find that set up.

Tandem hauling scares me. Your bike could fall out of the trailer and you would never know.

Loeryder
02-04-2003, 12:33 PM
Here's what you want.

Not sure about the bunks, but I'd love to have one of these for weekend trips.

Layton - Sport Wagon
http://www.magictouchrv.com/layton_sport_wagon_trailers_&_5th_wheels.htm

Sandpiper - Sport Wagon
http://www.magictouchrv.com/sandpiper_sport.htm

search for Sport Wagon
or Toy Box

YLW400
02-04-2003, 01:14 PM
I think I am in love....THose things rock!!!!!!:blah

TORO1968
02-04-2003, 02:24 PM
This might work well for you...a class C motorhome.

http://www.stoutsrv.com/photos/new/JAYCO/escapade03-1.JPG

A smaller class B motorhome might be good too.

I've seen people piggy back a boat on the back of a camper like ours, and I tell you, it definitely doesn't look safe to me. I couldn't imagine towing a camper along with something as big as an enclosed trailer right behind it, but if you only have a small open trailer, it might be feasible and somewhat safe.

We have a 24 ft Prowler camper and we're getting ready to buy an enclosed ATV/snowmobile trailer. Luckily we have two 3/4 ton trucks and I'm getting a new Grand Cherokee, so if we want to camp when we go riding, we'll be able to caravan in with two vehicles each pulling a trailer; though, I'll only tow the smaller, lighter ATV trailer with my new Jeep.

-Jordan

Str8Wicked
02-04-2003, 02:31 PM
Do a search for a FUN RUNNER if you want something very light but good function. A tahoe by thor is even better but the best is
a Weekend Warrior if money is no option in my opinion.

NDrider
02-04-2003, 02:36 PM
DESDAK4,

I saw a couple of those trailers at the Minot State Fair this summer. Living area in the front and an area in the back that was big enough to get 2 atvs and gear in the rear.

I can't remember who the dealer was. I think one was a 97 or 99 model and I think they wanted $29,000 to $35,000.:confused:

Maybe some one at the fair grounds would have the info of which dealers were there and you could give them a call.

hondaracer31
02-04-2003, 02:42 PM
My dream hualer is a 36' fifth wheel with 20' of living quarters and 16' of cargo:macho

But till then this is how I get to the races...

toby400ex
02-04-2003, 03:06 PM
a friend of mine has a rv/trailer thing. its pretty sweet, it holds 4 quads in the back and has a ramp that folds down to load em up. He pulls it with his f-350 ( he works for ford hehe).

insane250Racer
02-04-2003, 07:11 PM
u kno u cay buy the RV's that have like a garage in the bakk for quad dirtbikes ect and they have a hydralic (sp) lift on the bak they are sweet

airheadedduner
02-04-2003, 11:33 PM
My parents have a weekend warrior trailer, 26 foot box. Fold down the back door, roll up the carpet and we can fit 4 full size quads, a blaster, and a toolbox. Then when we get where we are going we roll the bikes out, fold out every thing and can sleep 2 people in the top bed, one on each fold out, and a BUNCH on the floor. Also has kitchen, bathroom, shower and a TON of storage.

MAKES LIFE WICKED EASY!!;)

JOEX
02-04-2003, 11:42 PM
Will your parents adopt me?:D I'll cook if someone else cleans;)

A toy hauler is on my list in the next couple of years:)

Joe

airheadedduner
02-04-2003, 11:53 PM
They are well worth the money. My mom is one of those people that flat out refueses to sleep in a tent, without the trailer we would have never started riding. Right now we are having an addition added on to our house and I will be living in it for a week or so. Before we got the warrior it took us an hour 1-1/2 hours to unload and to pack, witht the trailer it takes about half hour or less for both.

JOEX
02-05-2003, 12:01 AM
Yeah, I belive they are well worth the money....Tax deductable too;) And it seems that used ones are fairly inexpensive:D around $10K . I just need to get a bigger truck first...

Joe

BrianWrightR6
02-05-2003, 12:04 AM
That there's an RV clark........

JOEX
02-05-2003, 12:09 AM
:huh Must be a KY thing.........................KY Jelly that is....:huh

BrianWrightR6
02-05-2003, 12:15 AM
Good Lord man, don't tell me that you have never seen Christmas Vacation (National Lampoons) If not you better get out and rent it so you can enjoy the humor.

JOEX
02-05-2003, 12:25 AM
I must have blocked that part out!:eek:

Joe

DESDAK4
02-05-2003, 07:31 AM
Thanks for all the info guys. It looks like I will be waiting awhile until I can get my hands on a weekend warrior.

Jay
USAF

YLW400
02-05-2003, 08:25 AM
Out of curiosity airheadeduner, how much do one of those things cost? Round about. I didnt see any prices on the internet. Ans what do you use to tow it? Thanks, YLW

airheadedduner
02-05-2003, 09:27 AM
I think my parents gave around 17-20k for one new with a 26 foot box., but that was right when they first came out. And thats with lots of options, like cd system, air conditioning, ect... Our friend has one that is loaded and paid over 22k used. But you can get a used one only a couple years old for like 10-12k. One of our other riding buddies just got one for around 11k loaded. You can get some of the other off brands for around 8k with a smaller box(like 22-24 foot) but if I remember right the warrior is the only one that is 8 ft wide from inside wall to inside wall.

My dad tows ours with a chevy 3/4 ton desiel. It does really well. 2 others have ford desiels and thoose seem to do a little better and the dodge outpulls them all on the hills.

YLW400
02-05-2003, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the info AIrheadeduner!! I would probably be getting a smaller one when I get one. I only have a 1500 Chevy...gas. So I can't tow a billion pounds or anything. Thanks again!!!

Mity Mo
02-06-2003, 03:30 PM
here is what I bought at the beginning of last year. I own two of them now for racing. They are Ford Powerstroke diesel box trucks. They have a 16' and a 17' box on them. I have 7 feet of garage space inthe back with a 3 inch thick wall seperating my living space. In the living space I have sleeping for 3, a shower, a bathroom, cooking space and my TV/VCR/DVD/Playstation 2. And its all air conditioned. I spent about $8000 a piece and I just used my carpenter skills to do the rest. My garages have a tire rack for 8 tires, space for my generator, powerwasher and tools. I can even carry lots of spare parts for the Nats. And I can run the 65 or 70 miles an hour speed limit without having to worry about cops because of a trailer. You just pull up to the event and boom your ready to go. Mo:D

Richmond
02-06-2003, 04:16 PM
we have a 36ft winebago adventurer and it is awesome. can tow many behind it but costs over 80k so be ready to pay

CHAUNCY
02-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by BrianWrightR6
That there's an RV clark........

Thats the best movie. O got that and National Lampoons Vacation on DVD. Next will be Vegas Vacation. European vacation is ok. In Christmas Vacation have u seen the part when they are getting the tree and they talk to the guy who sells em. I havent seen it on anything. Not on tv, vhs, or dvd.

Richmond
02-06-2003, 06:39 PM
This will describe it and i think everyone will agree " CLASSIC"

2K1 300EX
02-06-2003, 07:03 PM
Get a school bus and take out all of the seats except a few up front and customize it the way you like.:p

chippy
02-06-2003, 08:51 PM
We pull a 16ft enclosed trailer with a 31ft Mini-Motorhome.
It works great for us because when traveling so far to race
someone is always cooking,eating,or sleeping on the way.
The only drawback to a Toy Hauler/Weekend Warrior is the
cost of the tow vehicle. You can find a nice used Class C for
about the price of good tow vehicle.

JOEX
02-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by 2K1 300EX
Get a school bus and take out all of the seats except a few up front and customize it the way you like.:p
The bus I rode didn't have many seats:eek:

Joe

JOEX
02-06-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Mity Mo
here is what I bought at the beginning of last year. I own two of them now for racing. They are Ford Powerstroke diesel box trucks. They have a 16' and a 17' box on them. I have 7 feet of garage space inthe back with a 3 inch thick wall seperating my living space. In the living space I have sleeping for 3, a shower, a bathroom, cooking space and my TV/VCR/DVD/Playstation 2. And its all air conditioned. I spent about $8000 a piece and I just used my carpenter skills to do the rest. My garages have a tire rack for 8 tires, space for my generator, powerwasher and tools. I can even carry lots of spare parts for the Nats. And I can run the 65 or 70 miles an hour speed limit without having to worry about cops because of a trailer. You just pull up to the event and boom your ready to go. Mo:D
I've thought about doing something like that and I want something with a shower and crapper. Gotta have my own throne!
Do you have any pics of the interior?

Joe

Mity Mo
02-06-2003, 09:25 PM
Ill get some tomorrow. Mo

JOEX
02-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Mo...
What do you do for water storage? Fresh/Grey/Black?
How wide is the interior? Can you fit two quads side by side?
I was thinking of a "cab over" type for sleeping if it is high enough.

Joe

Dave400ex
02-07-2003, 09:54 PM
Here's what you should get. lmao

Mity Mo
02-08-2003, 01:23 AM
I had been carrying my fresh water in a 55 gal drum in the garage area. This year I am currently building a place for the tanks to be on the underside of truck towards the front. I also have a canopy ordered for each to unroll out the side. I think they are like 7' wide. You cant put two side to side. But what I do is if I have to set them in there sideways. It takes away alot of garage space but you can do it if you have to. I have a new cab over design box ordered for the truck closest in the pic. There is enough room in the top. Mo:p