others loved them lmao

http://i28.tinypic.com/2vkatk4.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/macb2q.jpg

Pappy
08-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Every day sight in these parts:p

jcv400ex
08-02-2010, 08:33 PM
You'll have that! City folk don't care for rednecks! I drove my old ford with some of the loudest crackiest pipes I've ever hear through a bad part of Cleveland and the thing backfired.....people where running, ducking and reaching in there pants! I grabbed a gear and hammered it!

bbender85
08-02-2010, 08:53 PM
haha pretty normal around here too, especially at the dunes.

cracks me up... i don't think these kids up here realize we're in MICHIGAN (translation: we're not in the south. lmao.)

atv fan 28
08-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Ohio?? Yup you dont get no southener than that!:rolleyes:

Brauap
08-02-2010, 09:23 PM
trx310R#24, They're great! Don't worry about the haters! (You live about 15 minutes from me! (Canfield, OH))

jcv400ex, Just thought it was cool you live in Kane... my uncle has a camp right outside of Mariensville and about 2 weeks ago he cut his finger off, and we had to go after his truck in Kane! I don't know... hahaha

beastlywarrior
08-02-2010, 09:25 PM
haha ohio will surprise you theres a lot of rebel flags, i like it:D

bens250ex
08-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by atv fan 28
Ohio?? Yup you dont get no southener than that!:rolleyes:

thats what i was thinkin.......when i was in michigan i saw a truck painted like the rebel flag i was like wtf???? come on you guys are northerners why you reppin the dirty south? thats our job:D

440racer66
08-03-2010, 01:28 AM
wow a northern accent and a confederate flag. thems fightin words round here. haha

ben300
08-03-2010, 06:10 AM
hahha..hubbard ohio is about 10 minutes at the max from yankee lake truck night which is about the largest good ol boy gathering this side of just about anywhere..

im just east of ya, right over the boarder in pa, and i think just about everyone in my little area has one of them flags flying...

ben300
08-03-2010, 06:23 AM
trx310r#24.....you need a confederate flag on one side, and a gadsden flag on the other side

smr
08-03-2010, 08:30 AM
I live 5 miles from the birth place of jefferson davis....even the highschool had a confederate flab up to a few years ago.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/9061

OutlawBill
08-03-2010, 08:57 AM
I do not like it. Is your white hood is in the glove box?

ben300
08-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
I do not like it. Is your white hood is in the glove box?

thats to bad...its piece of american history like it or not.

the confederate flag, as much as main stream media would like to make it out to be, does not stand for racism or hatred. it is the representation of people sticking up for their rights to live their life the way they believe it should be allowed. infact, the confederate flag basically stands for the same principles tht the our current american flag stands for and the gadsden flag stand for.

its not about hate..its about freedom and american history and heritage...

its a shame that a few bad eggs have got everyone twiste don this

dehner47
08-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by ben300
thats to bad...its piece of american history like it or not.

the confederate flag, as much as main stream media would like to make it out to be, does not stand for racism or hatred. it is the representation of people sticking up for their rights to live their life the way they believe it should be allowed. infact, the confederate flag basically stands for the same principles tht the our current american flag stands for and the gadsden flag stand for.

its not about hate..its about freedom and american history and heritage...

its a shame that a few bad eggs have got everyone twiste don this

your correct in all that and i do totally agree with you, butttt... a "noose" doesnt represent linching people either, but that what most of America and the world think when they see one. a KKK hood wasnt started as a way to "hate" blacks, it was about protecting there land and remembering the dead soldiers of the Civil war so they dressed up to represent there loved ones "ghost" as they returned home to claim what was theres and to prtect there family and land. but us as a socialty has turned that hood into a sign of hatred.

so dont get all pissy cause someone doesnt like your "flags". cause in most cases, you are offending someone. may not be what your trying to do, but you will always offend someone when waving a "rebel" flag.

besides, i have a feeling your just trying to be one of "those" guys trying to be cool with your rebel flag to get attention. hense why you felt the need for the attention in posting your 'ignorance' on here. just my thought...

and yes i said "ignorance" cause if im not mistaken, Ohio was part of the "Northern Army. not the southern confederats. i could be wrong. but if im right, that means you just run the 'rebal' flag to be cool and out of a sign of 'ignorance"...

ronnoc47
08-03-2010, 09:50 AM
There was a dude driving around the pits at Redbud with the same set up. I was with friends who are all from northern Illinois. We kinda thought it was out of place, but I have always believed in "To each his own" and freedom of speech.

OutlawBill
08-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by dehner47
your correct in all that and i do totally agree with you, butttt... a "noose" doesnt represent linching people either, but that what most of America and the world think when they see one. a KKK hood wasnt started as a way to "hate" blacks, it was about protecting there land and remembering the dead soldiers of the Civil war so they dressed up to represent there loved ones "ghost" as they returned home to claim what was theres and to prtect there family and land. but us as a socialty has turned that hood into a sign of hatred.

so dont get all pissy cause someone doesnt like your "flags". cause in most cases, you are offending someone. may not be what your trying to do, but you will always offend someone when waving a "rebel" flag.

besides, i have a feeling your just trying to be one of "those" guys trying to be cool with your rebel flag to get attention. hense why you felt the need for the attention in posting your 'ignorance' on here. just my thought...

and yes i said "ignorance" cause if im not mistaken, Ohio was part of the "Northern Army. not the southern confederats. i could be wrong. but if im right, that means you just run the 'rebal' flag to be cool and out of a sign of 'ignorance"...
First KKK from Wikipedia
The first Klan was founded in 1865 in Pulaski, Tennessee by veterans of the Confederate Army. Although it never had an organizational structure above the local level, similar groups across the South adopted the name and methods. Klan groups spread throughout the South as an insurgent movement after the war. As a secret vigilante group, the Klan reacted against Radical Republican control of Reconstruction by attempting to restore white supremacy by threats and violence, including murder, against black and white Republicans. In 1870 and 1871 the federal government passed the Force Acts, which were used to prosecute Klan crimes. Prosecution of Klan crimes and enforcement of the Force Acts suppressed Klan activity. In 1874 and later, however, newly organized and openly active paramilitary organizations, such as the White League and the Red Shirts, started a fresh round of violence aimed at suppressing Republican voting and running Republicans out of office. These contributed to white conservative Democrats' regaining political power in all the Southern states by 1877.

dehner47
08-03-2010, 10:58 AM
there ya go. even more indepth look at the KKK and the "rebel" flag. hense the reason why people feel the "rebel' flag promotes hatred n ignorance. so if you gonna run em, get use to defending yourself.

me personally, i could careless what you run on your truck. just dont go around and try to get attention for it and when you do get that attention, it will be mostly negetive so your just gonna have to deal with it, or lose the flags...

ben300
08-03-2010, 10:59 AM

i personally do not own a single anything that has a confederate flag, nor do i feel the need to fly one or have one...so im not trying to be one of those guys

...personally, i feel if he wants to fly that flag, he shoul dhave more than the right too. just becuase someone is touchy about it and is trying to be politically correct, does not mean that anohter human being cannot express their feelings....

..remember, the civil war was not about slavery

edit: my moms side of the family is all originated from southen west virginia, but i have lived in the norht my whole life. there for i feel its not my place to have a confederate flag....how ever, i do consider myself rednekc i guess, and i feel the gadsden flag means far more to me than the confederate flag does....

i just understand the history of the flag, not what teh liberal media and liberal society wants you to believe.

Brauap
08-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ben300
hahha..hubbard ohio is about 10 minutes at the max from yankee lake truck night which is about the largest good ol boy gathering this side of just about anywhere..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
im just east of ya, right over the boarder in pa, and i think just about everyone in my little area has one of them flags flying...

HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAA! How can you say Yankee Lake isn't redneck!? It's the ****! (trucknight.com)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How close to the boarder? Do you live on State Line Rd?

ben300
08-03-2010, 11:19 AM
First KKK from Wikipedia
The first Klan was founded in 1865 in Pulaski, Tennessee by veterans of the Confederate Army. Although it never had an organizational structure above the local level, similar groups across the South adopted the name and methods. Klan groups spread throughout the South as an insurgent movement after the war. As a secret vigilante group, the Klan reacted against Radical Republican control of Reconstruction by attempting to restore white supremacy by threats and violence, including murder, against black and white Republicans. In 1870 and 1871 the federal government passed the Force Acts, which were used to prosecute Klan crimes. Prosecution of Klan crimes and enforcement of the Force Acts suppressed Klan activity. In 1874 and later, however, newly organized and openly active paramilitary organizations, such as the White League and the Red Shirts, started a fresh round of violence aimed at suppressing Republican voting and running Republicans out of office. These contributed to white conservative Democrats' regaining political power in all the Southern states by 1877.

once again....the confederate flag was not created by the kkk....the confederate flag was choosen by the "confederate states of america" as their national battle flag when the tried to suceded from teh United States of America.

they did this, becuase the fed gov't wanted to outlaw slavery, even though the norht had slaves. the southern states with cotton and tobacco plantations found this to infringe upon their rights and they felt that their rights were violated. the tried to secede from the U.S. to form their own union. the northern states sent an army to the south, and that started the civil war.

the rebel flag never stood for hatred or racism as you want to believe. it was a civil war battle flag that stood for a group of peoples who thought that their rights were being infringed upon.

currently, the states of of georgia, mississippi, north carolina, florida, and alabama all have state flags which were either inspired by or based off of the confederate flag.

and as completely tacky as it may be that he has the flags adn drives around iwht them, he is garunteed the right to have them under the first amendment of our constitution. and unfortunately..if you dont like it..i imagine there are probably some nice pieces of land you can buy in north korea or venezuala

ben300
08-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Brauap
HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAA! How can you say Yankee Lake isn't redneck!? It's the ****! (trucknight.com)

How close to the boarder? Do you live on State Line Rd?

i didnt say it wasnt red neck....i said it wsa hence "good ol boy"...

i live west of I-79, out side of greenville

my grandfather live sin brookfield

ben300
08-03-2010, 11:28 AM
oh and if you feel the needed to make this into a racism based disucssion and feel the need to point out the history of the kkk, then maybe i hsould post the history of the blank panther party, the new black panther party, or the nation of islam...

....alll of which are anti white, jewish, and asian racist groups.

OutlawBill
08-03-2010, 11:49 AM
[i]

they did this, becuase the fed gov't wanted to outlaw slavery, even though the norht had slaves. the southern states with cotton and tobacco plantations found this to infringe upon their rights and they felt that their rights were violated. the tried to secede from the U.S. to form their own union. the northern states sent an army to the south, and that started the civil war.

[/B] Not to outlaw but stop the expression of slavery is what President Lincoln wanted. When he won the election the south seceded and attack Fort Sumter.

wilkin250r
08-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Freedom of speech works both ways. You're free to fly your flag, you're free to express your views.

And other people are free to oppose your views.

ben300
08-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Not to outlaw but stop the expression of slavery is what President Lincoln wanted. When he won the election the south seceded and attack Fort Sumter.

actually president lincoln did not want to abolish, however, after teh war he felt that it was necessary to abolish slavery becuase he believed that it would cause another civil war in the future.

and the two main causes of the civil war were the economic and social differences between tthe north and south, and states versus federal rights.

trx310R#24
08-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Freedom of speech works both ways. You're free to fly your flag, you're free to express your views.

And other people are free to oppose your views.

a good simple way to put it. i didnt post these pics to piss anyone off.. i thought most of you would like the flags.. lol truthfully i dont care if someoe dont like it though or thinks im just trying to look kool... duh i think it looks kool or it wouldnt be there :rolleyes:

aDviSol2y
08-03-2010, 12:23 PM
It's a free fing country! Fly what ever flag you fing feel like!!!!

ben300
08-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
It's a free fing country! Fly what ever flag you fing feel like!!!!

exactly!

rooster300ex
08-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
others loved them lmao

http://i28.tinypic.com/2vkatk4.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/macb2q.jpg

When I see that it makes me think your racist. In oklahoma it means u are racist. Just my opinion

fastredrider44
08-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Around here, it's pretty common, but I would be careful where you park your truck at night. Even if you take the flags out, it's not hard to recognize a two tone chev missing a tailgate.

trx310R#24
08-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Around here, it's pretty common, but I would be careful where you park your truck at night. Even if you take the flags out, it's not hard to recognize a two tone chev missing a tailgate.

yeah i thought about that :p i need to order a new tailgate.. the old one broke at the dunes lmao...

dehner47
08-03-2010, 01:54 PM
[Btruthfully i dont care if someoe dont like it though or thinks im just trying to look kool... duh i think it looks kool or it wouldnt be there :rolleyes: [/B]

exactly why you shouldnt run them or be prepared to defend yourself when someone does attack you. cause you dont even know what your wavin around or what the represent. your just trying to be cool..

madskrillz2
08-03-2010, 03:17 PM
exactly why you shouldnt run them or be prepared to defend yourself when someone does attack you. cause you dont even know what your wavin around or what the represent. your just trying to be cool..

Obviously you don't know what they represent either if you're trying to say they represent some form of racism.

J.Brown121
08-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
When I see that it makes me think your racist. In oklahoma it means u are racist. Just my opinion

x2

Anyone around here that I know that flies the rebal flag is openly racist. It pisses me off so bad too, but like others have said, it's your right to fly whatever flag you believe in.

dns1764
08-03-2010, 04:41 PM
you guys dont have it too bad. i was rocking a small one in the back sliding glass of my f150 and my highschool made me take it down. then again it probable wasnt the best of places to have it cause the projects were right behind my school

08-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Around here people that fly it are mostly not racist. We had a bunch of kids at my highschool get suspended a few years ago for refusing to cover up the rebel flags on their shirts. The next day, 6 black guys that went to the school came in wearing black panther shirts and they did not get in any trouble.

mayno323
08-03-2010, 05:39 PM
cant belive im reading this . its 2010! let the guy fly the flag if he wants. its its not that big a deal these days

jcv400ex
08-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
trx310R#24, They're great! Don't worry about the haters! (You live about 15 minutes from me! (Canfield, OH))

jcv400ex, Just thought it was cool you live in Kane... my uncle has a camp right outside of Mariensville and about 2 weeks ago he cut his finger off, and we had to go after his truck in Kane! I don't know... hahaha

Woah, that's nuts! did they re-attach it?

K-Dub
08-03-2010, 05:49 PM
To me the Rebel flag dont represent racism. It represents the dissaprovel of how we the people disagree with the way the Government is running the country. But I agree with the earlier poster comment about the Gadsden flag. And that is what I fly. As to me it represents the views of those radical terriost (you know Jefferson, Hancock, Franklin, Wilson, J Adams, S Adams, and etc.) that apposed the English rule and it represents my disaprovel of the current government rule more so.

Tommy Warren
08-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by #101
Around here people that fly it are mostly not racist. We had a bunch of kids at my highschool get suspended a few years ago for refusing to cover up the rebel flags on their shirts. The next day, 6 black guys that went to the school came in wearing black panther shirts and they did not get in any trouble.

doesn't that make sense?:rolleyes: they are allowed to come on our land and insult us but if we say something remotly mean to them they make a huge deal about it until it ends up on Oprah and then she makes all the whites hate other whites......

when are we allowed to start calling them racists?

Kickstarts-suck
08-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Here was my headliner I did in my old truck.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/1535/headlinerr.jpg (http://img705.imageshack.us/i/headlinerr.jpg/)

beastlywarrior
08-03-2010, 10:59 PM
haha yankee lake, the biggest gatherinh of hicks north of the mason dixon... love it there

and its a flag just because the south used it doesnt mean it stood for racism and i know i wore a frbr rebel short to hs and they made me change my shirt... and i live in farm town boonies

toby400ex
08-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Not to outlaw but stop the expression of slavery is what President Lincoln wanted. When he won the election the south seceded and attack Fort Sumter. "oppression"

eastcoastpro20
08-04-2010, 02:14 AM
its not hatred its heritage, and who gives two ****s if someone is racist, blacks are racist but noone says anything to them!! as long as noones goin around killin people over there color then let em beleive in watever they want!!

trx310R#24
08-04-2010, 02:23 AM

prepared to defend myself?
;) dont worry about me ill be just fine. :devil:

ok this is just me but i dont think id ever "attack" someone over a flag. even if it said **** you white people. id prob take a pic and laugh... why? CUZ ITS A FLAG. it cant hurt me.

trx310R#24
08-04-2010, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by eastcoastpro20
its not hatred its heritage, and who gives two ****s if someone is racist, blacks are racist but noone says anything to them!! as long as noones goin around killin people over there color then let em beleive in watever they want!!

black people shoot each other over blue and red =p crips bloods....

06typeS
08-04-2010, 07:17 AM
No problem with it, part of our history as a nation

People get bent out of shape over things like this and make it into more of an issue then what it needs to be

dehner47
08-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Obviously you don't know what they represent either if you're trying to say they represent some form of racism.

dude. i never said i had a problem with it. i just said if you gonna run the flag, be prepared to defend yourself cause majority of the world sees the rebel flag as a racist symbol. and i just called home boy out on trying to be cool and trying to get attention by posting on here about his flags. and dude even said he runs them to be cool. so i just called him out on it. i even stated earlier that i really could care less what you run on your truck. just said be prepared to hear the rath from others.

also just goes to show ya how the world views the rebel flag. so far where on 5 pages of this BS. some say its racist. some say its heritage. and we are just a small number of the normal world. and since we all quad riders we are pretty laid back cool younger crowd on this forum. so if half the "cool kids" think it its racist, what do you think the stuck up outside world will/does think of the rebel flag. it will always cause issues. race, religion, and politics. a few things that will always have issues when spoken about in public...

dehner47
08-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
doesn't that make sense?:rolleyes: they are allowed to come on our land and insult us but if we say something remotly mean to them they make a huge deal about it until it ends up on Oprah and then she makes all the whites hate other whites......

we can all thank Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson for that...

ben300
08-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren

dude, ocrah doesnt hate white people, ocrah hates MEN, regardless of race, color, creed, or origin, she hates us all. she maybe the biggest sexist pig out there.

she's just sympathic to black causes cuase thats her heritage

ProspectorJim
08-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Just because you're a redneck, doesn't mean you're also southern...

trx310R#24
08-04-2010, 11:56 AM
dude. i never said i had a problem with it. i just said if you gonna run the flag, be prepared to defend yourself cause majority of the world sees the rebel flag as a racist symbol. and i just called home boy out on trying to be cool and trying to get attention by posting on here about his flags. and dude even said he runs them to be cool. so i just called him out on it. i even stated earlier that i really could care less what you run on your truck. just said be prepared to hear the rath from others.

also just goes to show ya how the world views the rebel flag. so far where on 5 pages of this BS. some say its racist. some say its heritage. and we are just a small number of the normal world. and since we all quad riders we are pretty laid back cool younger crowd on this forum. so if half the "cool kids" think it its racist, what do you think the stuck up outside world will/does think of the rebel flag. it will always cause issues. race, religion, and politics. a few things that will always have issues when spoken about in public...

go look at my post i didnt say i did it to look kool i said i think it looks kool =p if i didnt like it why would it be there im not an idiot lol and this is an open forum i can post whatever i want and it has 6 pages of most of the people likeing it and a few haters ;)

and home boy.... lol

ProspectorJim
08-04-2010, 12:07 PM
go look at my post i didnt say i did it to look kool i said i think it looks kool =p if i didnt like it why would it be there im not an idiot lol and this is an open forum i can post whatever i want and it has 6 pages of most of the people likeing it and a few haters ;)

and home boy.... lol

If you put those on the truck because you think it looks cool and you're driving the truck, which you think looks cool, then technically you did it to look cool.

440racer66
08-04-2010, 12:32 PM
If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it- Abe lincoln keep it flyin.

Jigsaw
08-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Whats worse, white folks trying to act black, or white folks trying to act like rednecks :confused:

coryatver
08-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Just so you know the north won. Wave the flag of losers lol. I hate people who don't know the real meaning behind the flag and just think it makes them redneck by having one lol You probley have a fox tattoo also

Tommy Warren
08-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Jigsaw
Whats worse, white folks trying to act black, or white folks trying to act like rednecks :confused:

when we act black we encourage their stupidity....when we act like crazy rednecks it makes them nervous..:macho