PDA

View Full Version : swinger conversion?

HondaRacing83
08-02-2010, 08:03 PM
is it posible to change the IRS on a 700xx to a Swinger?????if you could that would be a sick machine....

hotrodhonda400
08-04-2010, 01:43 PM
its sick just the way it is once you get used to the handling of irs, it slides just like a SRA quad ... love mine would never go back to a single axle

tayyo789
08-11-2010, 06:05 PM
For a pretty penny I bet somebody would do it :devil:

There would be way too much crap to change to make it work. Chop the frame off behind the motor, and then redo everything.
And then there's the whole center drive problem....

06 Honda 450R
08-13-2010, 05:57 PM
i dont think you would have to cut the frame off, i think it unbolts toward the end... kinda like where on a sra quad, the subframe and swinger attach

tayyo789
08-15-2010, 10:22 PM
It would still be the biggest nightmare of a project. You're better off putting the motor in something else if you want it that bad. IMO

06 Honda 450R
08-16-2010, 10:09 PM
yea, but still, you have to do something with the countershaft to come out the side... looks like it could be done tho

700xxmaniac
08-17-2010, 12:13 AM
u could just make it so that the axle has the sprocket in the center

tayyo789
08-17-2010, 12:57 AM
The problem with having the sprocket in the center of the axle is that you would need a custom carrier, most likely one that is two pieces, followed by a custom axle made for the carrier, with correct spline placements and such. Also the rear shock could no longer be centered in the swingarm. It would be really cool to see, but I wouldn't want to be the guy to do it

yama450yfz
08-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by hotrodhonda400
its sick just the way it is once you get used to the handling of irs, it slides just like a SRA quad ... love mine would never go back to a single axle
It is sick but it slides nothing like a sra quad. I own a yfz and xx and there is a huge diff. in the handling dept.

hotrodhonda400
08-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by yama450yfz
It is sick but it slides nothing like a sra quad. I own a yfz and xx and there is a huge diff. in the handling dept. Right it is different you missed what i'm saying, ONCE you get used to it you CAN slide it just like a sra quad,. I can anyways it just takes more to do it beacause it wants to hook up. I've owned MANY sra quads and still own one.im not dogging em just made a simple statement about the XX

ceballos400
08-28-2010, 01:38 AM
get a raptor if you want a swinger!!!!!... xx was made this way for a reason

89trx250r
09-19-2010, 01:49 PM
im sorry hotrodhonda but i have to disagree my boy even has the sway bars and it doesnt slide like an sra theres just no way of telling when that outter wheel is gonna catch and catapult you from the quad also i dont weigh really anything so its kinda like the quads riding itself that might be a factor in not sliding corners lol but my boy is considerably heavier then me and he can get it to slide right about 30% of the time

hotrodhonda400
09-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by 89trx250r
im sorry hotrodhonda but i have to disagree my boy even has the sway bars and it doesnt slide like an sra theres just no way of telling when that outter wheel is gonna catch and catapult you from the quad also i dont weigh really anything so its kinda like the quads riding itself that might be a factor in not sliding corners lol but my boy is considerably heavier then me and he can get it to slide right about 30% of the time :rolleyes: ok well I don't really care, I like my bike and If i wanted to continue to be beat to death I'd kept my EX or traded for an R . I guess my bike must be screwed up because I CAN slide it,and I only weigh a buck fifty, does it take more effort ? ,yes do I ride it like a MX bike No I am past all that I enjoy the monster torque from the engine without having to push it hard. I ride 95% in the woods and I ride it fast just as I did my modded EX. ;)

700xxmaniac
09-19-2010, 10:03 PM
if u wanted a 700xx to slide like a sra (as easy) just get the L8ton racing after market sway bar...and i have over 200hr of set time on my xx... i still have the factory dunlops that i keep buyin cheap form ppl (like 20$).. and i can slide it like a sra .....my bigest problem is that when i get on to a sra or a xx with a bigger sway bar i start doin flipen donuts by accident lol....

so the xx can be slide like a sra but it take more elbo grease.....

hotrodhonda400
09-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by 700xxmaniac
if u wanted a 700xx to slide like a sra (as easy) just get the L8ton racing after market sway bar...and i have over 200hr of set time on my xx... i still have the factory dunlops that i keep buyin cheap form ppl (like 20$).. and i can slide it like a sra .....my bigest problem is that when i get on to a sra or a xx with a bigger sway bar i start doin flipen donuts by accident lol....

exactly !! :D :cool:

Baxter
09-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by 700xxmaniac

The sra conversion kit can be done. But if you want a 700 sra then buy a Raptor (It would be cheaper)

The stock tyres are crap and if you learn to ride the 700xx , you don't need a swaybar.

hotrodhonda400
09-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey Baxter are you still a member at club700xx ?

Baxter
09-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Yes . I am.

700xxmaniac
09-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Baxter

The stock tyres are crap and if you learn to ride the 700xx.

tell about it i found a 1/2'' wide bolt in mine after it went flat...:huh