PDA

View Full Version : warrior!!

sycoracer911
02-04-2003, 08:49 AM
what do u guys think of warriors?whats the pros and cons.

i live in the country so i ride trails and dirt roads.i also do hill climbs.i like the reverse too

Doibugu2
02-04-2003, 08:55 AM
The two guys I ride with have warriors and my quad is better in every area. Except Reverse of course. But you get used to not having reverse. When I ride, I just always try and leave myself enough room to turn around. Sometimes thats not possible, but generally it is.

For the extra couple of bucks for the 400ex, its well worth it.
It shifts better
You get better tires
Better shocks
More Power

sycoracer911
02-04-2003, 09:10 AM
yeah but im gonna buy a used warrior and a used warrior with stuff in it is the same price as a stock 400.i am just getting rid of a modded blaster and i think a warrior is ok but i have also been looking at 400.where i live there really isnt room to turn around.just enough room for the quads.and i really dont mind the suspention because i really dont do big jumps.i also herd warriors are great for mud and snow. a 400 isnt that much faster than a warrior either.

Doibugu2
02-04-2003, 09:45 AM
Ok, if I'm reading your response correct your buying a used warrior with aftermarket stuff on it. What are you getting?

So your paying the same price for a used bike that is still not equal to a 400. There are more aftermarket parts available for the 400. Its also alot easier to get used stuff for the 400 if your cash flow is low.

Suspension is not only used for jumping. Most cars don't jump and they have suspension on it, why is that? Becuase suspension is just as important when turning and running over holes, rocks, and whoops. You may not be jumping so you may not want aftermarket suspsion but the 400 suspension is still that much better.

Both guys that own the warrior wished they would have bought the 400 after they rode mine. They bought there's about a month before me, and they were saying the same things, I got to have reverse and 50cc's is not that much of a big deal.

This is just my opinion. If you have to have reverse, get the Z400.

sycoracer911
02-04-2003, 10:23 AM
no what i am saying is i only have about 3000 dallors to spend and i can get a warrior that is just as fast maybe even faster for the same price as a used stock 400ex.its only 4 mph slower and with a pipe and stuff it will be the same.i have read dynos and alot of other stuff on them both warrior is 61mph stock and 400ex is 65 stock..reverse is a great feture where i live. i cant get a z cuz the cheapest one is like 400 used.plus they make alot of stuff for the warrior.if i can get a 400ex for like 33 with stuff at the most then i will but if i get like a 98 warrior i can put lot of stuff in it.if i get a warrior it wont be that far behind a stock 400 mine might even be faster

Doibugu2
02-04-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by sycoracer911
no what i am saying is i only have about 3000 dallors to spend and i can get a warrior that is just as fast maybe even faster for the same price as a used stock 400ex.its only 4 mph slower and with a pipe and stuff it will be the same.i have read dynos and alot of other stuff on them both warrior is 61mph stock and 400ex is 65 stock..reverse is a great feture where i live. i cant get a z cuz the cheapest one is like 400 used.plus they make alot of stuff for the warrior.if i can get a 400ex for like 33 with stuff at the most then i will but if i get like a 98 warrior i can put lot of stuff in it.if i get a warrior it wont be that far behind a stock 400 mine might even be faster

Sounds like you already have your mind made up, but I will try one more time.

1) The warrior is not 4 mph slower than a 400, if the warriors gearing is stock. Its about 10. But if your trail riding that shouldn't really matter to you. Because if the trails are as tight as you say they are, your not going to be running at 55+ MPH.

2) A pipe does not increase your top speed. It only gets you to your top speed quicker. So your still going to have a lower top speed than a 400.

3) A pipe is not going to make you faster than a 400. I'm not postive on this, but the stock warrior puts out around 22hp and a stock honda puts out 28. A pipe is not going to add 6 hp.

My suggustion is to go ride both, if you can. I don't know how big you are, but a warrior is a little smaller than the honda. I think mine is more comfortable. I'm only 5'9 so I'm not very tall, but I feel more comfortable on the Honda.

The best thing to do is ride them. Call around to see if someone will let you. Even if you can't go fast, it may still change your opinion.

sycoracer911
02-04-2003, 10:47 AM
i want to get a 400ex but i really cant aford it.and a w bros pipe ads 4-7 hp to the warrior.if i had the money to buy the 400ex i would i already drove bothe and i like them both.i am only 14 and im 54.reverse would be nice but the 400 is faster and the 400ex with a pipe is louder than the warrior with the pipe.and we have alot of nabors that call the police:( .i was thinking of the warrior cuz it is cheaper and quiter.if u have more info please tell me.i think the warrior is good cuz of the noise. i know it will be loud but not as loud as the 400ex with a pipe

thanks

right now my im getting ride of the blaster and dont really wat to do a big jump in ccs cuz ill get bored of the speed in about a year

Doibugu2
02-04-2003, 10:55 AM
Here is what I would do then.

Buy an even older warrior like a 95 or 92. Find one in good shape and for a good price. I would guess you could pick one up for under $2g. Take the $1k you saved and stick it in the bank. Wait a year or two, and when you out grow the warrior sell it and but a 400.

You won't loose as much money when you try and sell the older warrior because its pretty much depreciated, but if you buy a new one you won't get as much for it down the road. Are your going to want a car when you turn 16?

Think for the future, but its hard to do at your age.:confused2

YamaWarr0121
02-04-2003, 12:50 PM
oor you can buy my warrior for 3900 or a lil cheaper with stock stuff:ermm: :huh

hawiianpwr
02-04-2003, 03:59 PM
Depends what you do.
Trail riding= 400ex
Drag= 400ex
Aftermarket parts= 400ex
Reliable= 400ex
Smoother ride= 400ex
Cheaper= Warrior

Rip_Tear
02-04-2003, 04:09 PM
I just like to mention... The Warrior is heavier then the 400ex, and its much worse on gas... I know many modded Warriors that have lost to stock 400ex's! Just thought I would mention that.. You should be able to find a used 400ex for $3000... Or save up some... Sorry but I dont like the Warrior very much...

NewRider
02-05-2003, 05:50 AM
Hello,
Im not sure where in Pa you are located, but another consideration when making your choice... what area dealers do you have available? Try and go with something that you will have dealer support for your parts. Nothing sucks worse than having something go wrong during a good day of riding and not have anywhere local to get the parts you need. End up driving your day away looking for parts at a distant dealer or mail ordering them and still not being able to ride for awhile. :eek:

Just a suggestion

NewRider

ridgewarrior440
02-05-2003, 07:24 PM
i been in the same spot u have. i had 3000 dollars saved up to spend on a new 4- wheeler.

my brother has 400 and i had already had a warrior before. i really love the 400 but in my case with the money i had i bought a 97 warrior with chrome dg and a k&n for 2500.

my brother 400 has a double barrel and a k&N with pre-charger and of course holeshot tires.

on top end i can out run him right now because he is geared 1 tooth down in front. i goin to leave my gear the same and i'm goin to go with 20' holeshots.

in a drag he can blow me away but of course he is a 400 and weighs much less. i weigh 230 and he wieghs 175 and we are both about 6'3.

but in the wood you really don't worry bout top speed. if you r just trail riding and maybe some light racin your much better off with the warrior

don't get me wrong the 400 is one of if not best bike built now but sometime u have to go with the warrior to save money andwith the money u saved u can always build it to beat 400

before my bro bought his 400 he had a warrior and love it and wish now he hadn't sold it so he could have two bikes to ride,,, a trail bike and a race bike the best of both worlds

mascman
02-07-2003, 11:23 PM
All these replies are just people's opinions. Since everyone has different opinions they really aren't much help in my opinion. What I mean is one person likes something that another guy hates. It's just like the Chevy -vs- Ford thing. You pick the one you like...your the one who has to ride it.

I have a 2003 Warrior. My brother has a 400EX. We both like the way the Warrior turns in the tight woods. We both like the power of the 400EX but don't care for the pushing front end. In tight woods top speed don't mean d***. If you only want to drag then get a used Raptor. I live in PA also and know how tight the woods can be. I am building the motor to 30hp and have ordered Works shocks. I don't have any problems hanging with my brother's 400EX or my friend's KFX400 in the woods. With the 30hp they won't have the advantage on the straights! You should be able to find a good deal on either one with all the new quads that are out now.

mascman
02-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Whatever. What type of racing where you doing when you handled this guys *****?
In tight woods the 400EX has no advantage. Maybe the guy you were "racing" couldn't ride. At least not with your hands on his *****.:rolleyes:

Castor-426ex
02-08-2003, 12:04 AM
well perhaps a warrior is the most you can handle out of a quad...and i raced this warrior on pavement...dirt...ect..and the guy can ride....dont be a jackass because im telling you the truth...it oughtta weigh less..be faster...handle better...suspension...ect...Id rather Have a 300ex than a warrior...bad thing is...the 300 is also a better quad than a warrior

Castor-426ex
02-08-2003, 12:05 AM
bring your warrior to me...ill prove you wrong....

Paducah Ky...

Castor-426ex
02-08-2003, 12:12 AM
i deleted my first post..cause i guess it was a flame..but i still hold firm that id rather push my 400ex than ride another warrior

****....the 400 would still prob be faster:D:devil

mascman
02-08-2003, 12:34 AM
Get Real. I live in PA so I'll never get to embarrass you with my Warrior. Trees don't give a damn what you are riding...you have to go around them because they won't move out of your way. On pavement a lesser cc quad can win with the proper gearing.

If I were you I wouldn't think the 400EX is all that. I raced a 2000 KTM 250MXC. That's about 40hp compared to your 28 and the bike weighs alot less. I have been riding anything with wheels for 26 years...I'm no beginner. Maybe that's why I'm not afraid to ride a modded Warrior...I know I'm good rider and can be fast on whatever quad I choose.

I just hate close-minded people like you, Castor-400ex. I'm sure whatever you own is better than everyone elses. There is more than one way to cross the finish line you know.

You should just stick to handling asses. We are not helping this thread at all so I will stop posting. What was I thinking to try and help out a guy who had a question involving a Honda and a Yamaha on a Honda forum? No matter what I say you guys will disagree just because it is Yamaha.

Sorry for the wasted space...Peace!

Castor-426ex
02-08-2003, 11:43 AM
Look *****...youre putting words into my mouth, probably while youre stuffing pecker into yours...i dont care what you ride...how good you ride...And my quad is not the best in the world...did i say that? no...

how am i close minded? do you know me? no you dont..and its good..because its people like you that need to have the jaws slapped off of them for trying to manipulate other people's words...im 25..not that much younger than you...seems for your age and so called wisdom you need to grow up some.....
you dont see podium winners on warriors....well in your dreams maybe

and please...disregard your fetish of using the word *** in a sexual manner at the door....

go call your boyfriend or something...im sure he will console you

:macho

mascman
02-08-2003, 04:35 PM
That was another helpful post. My 7 year old daughter has more brains than you...she can probably kick your *** too.

The pros don't race Warriors, but there are classes that they can race in so I am sure they can trophy. Of course I am not talking about MX since anyone with any brains knows that a Warrior is a woods machine. Go ahead with your smartmouth and badly typed comments. I'm done with this thread.

go call your boyfriend or something...im sure he will console you
If that is your style, that's good. We don't need more of you out there.:devil

toby400ex
02-08-2003, 05:57 PM
the 400ex just plain has better power and handling than a warrior, and it feels so much more natural to ride. I know this and have had my 400ex for maybe week and a half, i switched from a 300ex:cool:

300exryder
02-08-2003, 06:01 PM
im all for the warrior.
As a former owner of one, i believe that it is one of the most competent woods quads out there. You guys can go on and on about how Honda is the best and nothing can compare; but there is a reason why the Warrior is the #1 sport selling machine. It is a wonderful quad that would be perfect for what you are looking for.

Ignore what the Honda loyalists say and try something new, because you never know unless you try -- hint, hint to all of those bad mouthing yamaha -- you never know until you try!!

Castor-426ex
02-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by 300exryder
im all for the warrior.
As a former owner of one, i believe that it is one of the most competent woods quads out there. You guys can go on and on about how Honda is the best and nothing can compare; but there is a reason why the Warrior is the #1 sport selling machine. It is a wonderful quad that would be perfect for what you are looking for.

Ignore what the Honda loyalists say and try something new, because you never know unless you try -- hint, hint to all of those bad mouthing yamaha -- you never know until you try!!

i did try brainiac i bought a 99 brand new...1 month...= 3500 in warranty work... ill never own one again..

Stevie-D
02-09-2003, 05:59 PM
Im not sure where in Pa you are located, but another consideration when making your choice... what area dealers do you have available? Try and go with something that you will have dealer support for your parts. Nothing sucks worse than having something go wrong during a good day of riding and not have anywhere local to get the parts you need. End up driving your day away looking for parts at a distant dealer or mail ordering them and still not being able to ride for awhile.
on a side note, sycoracer911, you know where Rusty Palmer's is? its in Honesdale...
id suggest taking a ride up there and looking around..theyve got a load of used quads for sale there

sycoracer911
02-09-2003, 07:11 PM
ok thanks steve.i was up there and i really like the 400ex but it doesnt have reverse and i kinda want reverse.plus im also looking at bikes now which would u pic quad or bike.