PDA

View Full Version : Hedrick or Sparks

oynot400
02-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Well I am thinking about getting a different exhaust set up. I was told by different people to get rid of my T-4 because of my motor mods. I have been happy with it, but if I can get more then why not. :D
I have pretty much narrowed it down to a Sparks X-6 or the Hedrick pipe. I just wanted some input from anyone that has them. When I do make up my mind and go through with it, both my T-4 and Powerbong will be for sale.
Thanks.....:)

DESDAK4
02-04-2003, 08:27 AM
I say go with the Hetrick it gave my stock bike great gains so I can only guess it would do crazy things on yours, not to mention you will save well over $100 on it and it looks really good. Here is a pic the bike is a bit dirty but you can see it looks nice.

Jay
USAF

Scott400EX
02-04-2003, 08:42 AM
Hetrick sounds good but sparks sounds better!!!. and my friend with hetrick and another guy with a T-4 were dead even in a 300 yard drag. both had jet kits and K&N's too. and the guy with the T-4 was about 80lbs heavier

so you do the math.

CBRSLIDER
02-04-2003, 08:54 AM
Just as I explained in my pm back to ya, I'd go with the Hetrick pipe. One thing that I forgot to tell ya that I found out is that if you are going to add a spark arrestor, then the Hetrick one takes a standard Supertrapp disc type. The Sparks pipe uses a special spark arrestor that Sparks themselves told me would cost me about $100.00 to buy separate. It is made by them. So that helped in my decision also. I think that you could pick up the supertrapp s/a for about $30. I do not know how much the sparks s/a is if you buy it with the sparks pipe. I only priced it separate, because I was going to buy a used x-6 pipe.

So there is another tidbit of info for you to consider. As I stated in my pm, I am just not impressed with the overall quality of the sparks after talking to the local racers that have had their pipes crack and break apart. I don't know if sparks warranties their pipes and will repair or replace them like WB does with their slipon.

Ray

Steve-o 400EX
02-04-2003, 09:05 AM
I'd Say go with a sparks. I would recommend their stuff to anyone.:macho :scary:

DESDAK4
02-04-2003, 09:07 AM
I have never heard a Sparks but mine sounds great. I don't have to many other EX's around here with other pipes to compare to but I will tell you this pipe kills the power I got from my E-series.

Jay
USAF

02-04-2003, 09:40 AM
Hetrick. i love mine and i chose it over a sparks. can't beat the quality for the price.

02-04-2003, 09:52 AM
Hetrick...:macho

Ryan
02-04-2003, 10:25 AM
About hetricks...... How loud is it? What would be the best pipe that would keep the sound low and still give a great amout of performance? I have heard a E-series on a 300ex and it seemed to loud to ride by neighbors ect. Isn't the E-series known to be a quiet exuast out of the rest of the bunch :confused2 . Thanks

DESDAK4
02-04-2003, 10:29 AM
My Hetrick is probably a bit louder than my e-series was. I don't find it annoying type loud but make no mistake it is loud. You can get a disc style spark arrestor which would most likely quiet it down some.

Jay
USAF

Ryan
02-04-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by DESDAK4
My Hetrick is probably a bit louder than my e-series was. I don't find it annoying type loud but make no mistake it is loud. You can get a disc style spark arrestor which would most likely quiet it down some.

Jay
USAF

Yeah but wouldn't the disk spart arrestor just loose more power? They make a kit where if your running a spark arrestor disk style thing, you can bolt this piece to the rear of your exuast and it opens up your end cap I think :confused: .

DESDAK4
02-04-2003, 10:43 AM
I really don't know about the power going away but I am sure some would. I have not really done that much research reguarding the spark arrestor as I don't need one in this state. So I am good untill my first trip home to Oregon which could be a long time with the fact I may be deployed again.

Jay
USAF

oynot400
02-04-2003, 10:55 AM
You guys sure do know how to help a person make up his mind. :D I was kind of leaning towards the Hetrick pipe anyway after what Ray said. Then I called Hetrick and talk with Casey.
So as soon as my tax money gets here in a week or so I will be ordering the Hetrick pipe. :D When I get it ordered I will post my T-4 and Powerbomb in the classifed section.
Thanks a bunch!!!!! :p

DESDAK4
02-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Yeah Casey is a real good guy. I jsut can't wait til I can get my motor done by those guys.

Jay
USAF

trx400ex
02-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Hey if you need the supertrap s/a i have a brand new pack of discs and endcap still in package i could sell ya for cheap.

If both of the pipes were the same price i woud get sparks, but for the money, def. hetrick.

Sparks425Ex
02-04-2003, 04:21 PM
Well... I like my Sparks Engine but I will be going to a Hetricks motor this season. I just got sponsored by Hetricks and they are great.

They have better prices and better turn around times. They have great customer service and are easy to deal with.

Go with Hetricks.

OutlawEX
02-04-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Hetrick...:macho

lilpoppy
02-04-2003, 08:58 PM
I don't know what the price difference is between the pipes but i would say Sparks deffinatly and you can also use the Supertpar spark arrestor on the sparks too because i just ordered one from C&D this weekend. What is the deal with this endcap with the S/A you guys were talking about?