PDA

View Full Version : Blackmx440

Chino886
08-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Here is the original thread:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=436637&highlight=water+pump

I bought the motor from him as advertised:

"Ok I've got a motor with 25-30hrs on it. It has a stg3 hotcam, CRF head, and a JE 14:1 piston. The entire top end from the cases up only has 5 hrs on it. But the decompression setup on the side of the cam came apart and broke the valve cover. Did not damage anything else. It also needs a water pump. I have other motors and jus t don't have the time to fix this one. Just needs a couple parts and it runs great. $850."

Here is a more accurate description:
Need new crankcase half due to crack
Needs new clutch side cover due to damage caused by broken water pump
Needs decompression arm and possibly new cam carrier
Need a new cam chain guide as it is broken off
Kicker assembly is missing parts

I have tried to rectify the situation with the seller, but he told me that he did not make money off the transaction and is broke, he told me to take the case to a welder.

Not my idea of resolving a bad deal!

Buyers beware! I now have about $400 extra dollars invested in this motor that I had to completely rebuild due to all of these broken parts!

volvoTrucker63
08-02-2010, 01:29 PM
sorry to say it but when you pay crap for a motor you kinda get crappy stuff..... hope it works out for you though

Chino886
08-02-2010, 01:43 PM
If it would of been AS ADVERTISED I would not say a DAMN thing, most likely if he would of listed it in the condition I got it, I would not of bought it!

And it is not crap price, motors sell all the time for $1K on here and other forums, with the need to go into a sidecase I would expect at least a $150 discount!

But thanks for your valuable feedback!

volvoTrucker63
08-02-2010, 05:03 PM
ya i would def want a discount or make him send you the parts it needs