PDA

View Full Version : 2002 scrambler carb kit?

ned02
08-02-2010, 07:35 AM
Anybody know where to find a carb kit for a 2002 scrambler 90? looked on the web but did not see any. we keep having problems with this thing, cleaned the carb and it ran fine for a ride or two and now either will not start or bogs and dies when given gas.

nordic quad
08-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Stock replacement?Our 05 Polaris Pred 90 used a 16mm Mikuni/Sunworld,these carbs where also used on the DRRs i think,try giving Gary at G-Force a call he might hook you up.Also Hetrick may be a source.
Stein A

hasbeenttduner
08-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Have you cleaned the main jet after this new problem started? If you have not try to clean the main jet and install an in line filter. I had the same problem and it was just a small piece of sand in the main jet.

ned02
08-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Last time something like this happened I cleaned the carb and installed a filter and it ran fine for a few rides and now is doing it again so I figured I might as well just rebuild the carb this time. I will probably clean it again and see what happens. thanks

hasbeenttduner
08-03-2010, 10:49 AM
May be sand again. Just do yourself a favor and check it out. Check the jet again and clean out that float bowl one more time and maybe with your filter it will all be gone. Worth a shot and yes I also had it happen a 2nd time. Sand is magic. It will find it's way into an apple sitting in your frig at home just because you spent the day at the dunes.

raptorobbie
08-03-2010, 11:05 AM
check your reeds while you have the carb off, you may want to check compression as well.

also, you can buy a new carb for these bikes on ebay for around 70 shipped to your door - I just got one a couple months ago and it performs just as the stock carb (turns out carb wasnt my problem)!!!

keep us posted

ned02
08-03-2010, 01:19 PM
OK guy's thanks for the input, I will let you know what happens post carb clean etc..

chris p.
08-03-2010, 08:20 PM
my daughters scrambler 50 was doing the same thing with a stock carb.pulled off carb and soaked it in some purple power,blew out all passages with air.main jet was clean but the small holes in the pilot had dirt in them.cleaned them out and it runs like a champ.let us know how you make out.

ned02
08-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Well cussing at it did not work so I pulled and cleaned the carb and runs like a top again. I hope I don't have to clean it after every ride.Thanks for all the input.