PDA

View Full Version : Boots

TRX_450
08-01-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm looking to buy some boots and know nothing about them. need some help on what kind and most importantly how they run size wise, i wear a 10 in nike for a shoe if that helps. comfort comes first then price. what are you guys wearing?

slightlybent47
08-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Go to a dealer and try some on for size, you don’t have to buy them there but you can try them on. Check the internet for prices so when you go try them on you may just find a good deal there and you can go ahead a pick them up. just remember there all going to be supper stiff when you first get them. Once you have them you can get them wet and wear them around and they will loosen up for you.

TRX_450
08-01-2010, 07:01 PM
i tried that the other day when i bought my new helmet but the problem was they were all bike boots, and ive beeen told to get ATV boots, and they dont carry them.

Canadian144
08-01-2010, 07:31 PM
No difference really. If you had a utility quad, then yeah I'd say get some "shorty" boots, those are ATV specific boots (never seen anyone on a bike with them). Look at any pro ATV racer... they all wear the same boots as the ones made for bikes.

I wear Alpinestars Tech 3's, they are the cheapest Alpinestars boot, but once broken in, I've found them to be pretty comfortable. If cost wasn't an issue, I'd look at Alpinestars Tech 10's, Tech 8's, and Tech 7's. Gaerne makes good boots as well, but I don't know the model lineup.

Originally posted by slightlybent47
Once you have them you can get them wet and wear them around and they will loosen up for you.

I've read this is awful for most boots. But many people also swear by it. I just bought my boots, wore them inside my house for about a day, and then went riding with them. They were still really stiff and uncomfortable, but after a few hours of riding they are fine.

ATV Chic
08-01-2010, 08:36 PM
i have the women's a-stars and they rock. the thor boots are good too esp for the money. You can usually get them cheap on denniskirk.com. As far as size, i wear a size 10 in boots (any kind) and an 11 in women's shoes. I think you generally go down a size. idk if that's true for all but just a thought. Any other guys on here do that or does everyone get their true shoe size?

XCRacer236
08-02-2010, 06:45 AM
Gaerne or TCX.

bbender85
08-02-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by ATV Chic
...I think you generally go down a size. idk if that's true for all but just a thought. Any other guys on here do that or does everyone get their true shoe size?

i bought some astars tech 3 this spring in my street shoe size and they're perfect.

they're my first new pair of boots, and as said above once they're broken in they're great. even before they were broke in they weren't "uncomfotable," just stiff and tough to walk/shift/brake/etc.

buck440
08-02-2010, 02:00 PM
tech 3 ftw! i've had other boots btw and would say tech 3 is my kinda budget favorite boots.