PDA

View Full Version : stupid jetting/kickstart SUCKS

mxpimp2000
07-31-2010, 11:17 PM
after today im fed up with my bike causing me to lose races. its kickstart only and runs really well no popping no back firing or anything. she starts wonderful when cold but when warm/hott forget it.

Ive changed pilots messed with fuel screw and idle adjustments until im sick.

yes the valves are set. yes i have a new spark plug in it. yes top end is FRESH less than 4hrs MAX

i can ride my bike from the pits to the starting gate and shut it off. it gets time to fire it up to take off and kick kick kick nothing. ive spun out in races and stall it, kick and kick kick kick nothing happens. this is getting very old and WHY does hondas kick right up first crank hott or cold?

im irritated to the MAX with this crap. I OFFICIALLY HATE KICK STARTS

what shall i do?

mxpimp2000
07-31-2010, 11:21 PM
I will also mention its making my beautiful bike look like a true POS with me kicking it and it not starting.

if i let it sit for 3-4 mins without kicking it will fire up.

175m
45p
5th clip ncvq
ziptie mod
1-1.5 turns on screw

ohsobad_chevy
08-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Your valves are out of spec.

:devil: .....J/k

The hondas have a hot start, which is why they start easier when hot. You should put a hot start on your bike. When your kicking it, do you crack the throttle slightly open?

mxpimp2000
08-01-2010, 01:40 PM
i have a hot start perch and lever but the cable wont clear the handguards. i also cant find a cable since gytr stop makin them plus my stem is a +2

florentino
08-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
after today im fed up with my bike causing me to lose races. its kickstart only and runs really well no popping no back firing or anything. she starts wonderful when cold but when warm/hott forget it.

Ive changed pilots messed with fuel screw and idle adjustments until im sick.

yes the valves are set. yes i have a new spark plug in it. yes top end is FRESH less than 4hrs MAX

i can ride my bike from the pits to the starting gate and shut it off. it gets time to fire it up to take off and kick kick kick nothing. ive spun out in races and stall it, kick and kick kick kick nothing happens. this is getting very old and WHY does hondas kick right up first crank hott or cold?

im irritated to the MAX with this crap. I OFFICIALLY HATE KICK STARTS

what shall i do?

try onother carb or onother exaust cam. since that cam has to do with the decompresion. you have nothing to loose. but i really think is your carb.

Ride1Rob
08-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Do you watch AMA MX racing? That's the nature of the beast with these bikes. They are very hard to start when hot with a kicker. Some of the pros never get theirs restarted to get back into the race after stalling. Nothing like the push button ;)