PDA

View Full Version : problem with clutch on a honda 250 recon ex

tony400ex
07-31-2010, 07:07 PM
hey whats going on guys.. i have a question about the clutch on a 2007 honda 250 recon... today we were ridieng in the sand and it was working fine but as it got hotter the clutch stopped grabbing, .. i know from my rideing experince is eathier glazed over or shot....... but i dont know much about automatic clutches, iv always had to use a clutch.
iv been reading stuff about a clutch adjustment screw etc but i have no idea on where is it located.. if someone has any idea on where it is located plz share the information or post a picture or diagram and on witch side it is located on
ty

reconracer64
05-25-2011, 10:14 PM
the screw and lock nut are on the front of the motor under the exhaust pipe the nut is a 14mm and the screw is a flathead...the manual says the break the nut loose and turn the screw counter clockwise until it stops then turn it back clockwise 1/4 turn. But what i know is that if u only turn it back 1/8 turn clockwise it disengages the clutch sooner so it won't lurch forward as bad when u shift. hope that helped