PDA

View Full Version : hollowed out cam?

nskukalek79
07-31-2010, 01:42 PM
I tried searching but my computer will not use the search function for this site....anyway, i was wondering if a cam can be hollowed out for my 450r...i'm not positive but i don't think it has a hole threw it or anything for an oil passageway. If anyone has done this or has any objectives to it post about it.
I was thinking about just having someone drill a 1/2 inch hole threw it to remove the extra material...but i'm just thinking out loud and i will do more research before i do this so don't be hating on me too much if you don't like the idea

Thanks

Baileygunns
07-31-2010, 03:39 PM
What's you theory behind this? I would think the reliability issues would far out weigh any benefit...

Scro
07-31-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't see any benefits in doing that. The savings in weight would not free up any power because you are taking the weight from the center of the cam. There would be virtually no rotating mass removed.

motofreak2772
07-31-2010, 09:44 PM
I guess every ounce counts right?

nskukalek79
08-01-2010, 04:38 PM
i just figured the rotating mass would help it rev a little faster, i was going to lighten the flywheel at the same time. But it's just an idea bouncing around my head.