PDA

View Full Version : Totally lost...help

BKLEM
07-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Ok i was riding yesterday at interlake in southern indiana, we were riding for about an hour when i was just cruising up a road in 5th. Out of nowhere my wheeler just died...i coasted to a stop and tried to restart it the whole way but nothing. when you hit the start button the starter turns but its like it wasn't turning the engine over. So anyways that ruined the day but i took it home and pulled the starter cover off and there is nothing wrong with any of those gears or anything. I put it all back together and now my nuetal light comes on but it dies when i try and start it...im just totally lost on what to do...and all the fuses and everything are fine and i tried charging the battery and it just the light came on then i tried to start it and now nothing will come on at all.

slightlybent47
07-31-2010, 10:45 AM
You’re going to have to check several things, try a deferent battery if you have one. Check all the switches like the one that is on the clutch leaver, and the one that keeps it form starting in gear. Check the plug and see if it failed see if you have any spark coming from the coil. I know this is a dumb one but check the kill switch on the bars; I can’t tell you how many people flip that switch and forget to check it. Also(if you have one) check the tether switch, it may have shorted out.
It’s going to be a process of elimination, just check everything you can.

Good luck!