PDA

View Full Version : blister help

KFX450Rrider490
07-31-2010, 09:17 AM
ive been having a mojor problem when i race that is abosultly killing me, and that problem is blisters. i only get them durring xc events, never when riding on track or just riding locally. i usually end up buying gloves monthly because that helps somewhat along with wearing a pair of gardening gloves underneath(helped my cousins so i tried it with no success) so my question for you guys is what do you wear that you think helps along with grip choice?

thanks in advance for the help

HondaRacing83
07-31-2010, 09:20 AM
Fox Dirtpaws-i love them i ride for like 4 hours at a time and like barely any blisters they work great for me!!ive had these since like march/april andd therfe still working great barely worn out!

stoopidbot
07-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Agree, I use Dirt Paws and Spider grips. I do 130 mile desert races with no to minimal blisters. Try adjusting your controls a little bit

CJM
07-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Odi lock on grips are the softest and best grips I have ever used.

I know its gonna sound really weird, but an old hikers trick was to put duct tape in the spots where you would get a blister before it even happens.

KFX450Rrider490
07-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Odi lock on grips are the softest and best grips I have ever used.

I know its gonna sound really weird, but an old hikers trick was to put duct tape in the spots where you would get a blister before it even happens.

well they will be my next set of grips then i have tried pillow tops and hated them and now have spiders and i think they are pretty good. ive heard of doing that with athletic tape. ill have to try it tomarrow. thanks for the help

TheIceMan
07-31-2010, 11:45 AM
Try putting baby powder inside your gloves before riding.

stoopidbot
07-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Put a layer of superglue on your hands wear the blisters form

ATV Chic
07-31-2010, 01:21 PM
oury grips FTW ;)

slightlybent47
07-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Don’t use gloves that will trap moisture like leather gloves, they make the blisters worse.
I have found that cloth gloves work better because they wick out the moisture and keep your hands drier than leather dose.
This sounds weird but use some preparation H on your hands to soften the calluses and make the swelling go down, it works great. Put some on your hands before you go to bed and take it off in the morning and they will feel a lot better.

k4f5x0r
07-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Just let the calluses form. I have them all where my grips and gloves tear up my hands and it doesnt hurt at all anymore. tough as leather.

Sjorge450R
07-31-2010, 03:44 PM
stop holding on so tight!!!!

KFX450Rrider490
08-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Don’t use gloves that will trap moisture like leather gloves, they make the blisters worse.
I have found that cloth gloves work better because they wick out the moisture and keep your hands drier than leather dose.
This sounds weird but use some preparation H on your hands to soften the calluses and make the swelling go down, it works great. Put some on your hands before you go to bed and take it off in the morning and they will feel a lot better.

honestly i have a set of fly gloves right now that are cloth and hate them i find that they are even worse i hate them! so i think im going to try those fox ones mentioned before. but that preparation h sounds like a good idea.

thanks for the help

KFX450Rrider490
08-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
Just let the calluses form. I have them all where my grips and gloves tear up my hands and it doesnt hurt at all anymore. tough as leather.

if you only knew... dude trust me before they got ripped off, i couldnt pull them apart with needles.

06 Honda 450R
08-02-2010, 02:27 AM
maybe just be a man :D haha jk

TTracer#22
08-02-2010, 02:03 PM
We use Grab On Grips and spray on Right Gaurd for underarms on his hands and let dry before putting on gloves and my son runs 40-50 Min motos 2 on Sat and one on Sun no Blisters since we switched