PDA

View Full Version : High Flow Water Pump

rummel
07-31-2010, 04:46 AM
ANYONE NOTICE A DIFFERENCE WITH THE HIGH FLOW WATER PUMP KIT AND IS IT WORTH THE PRICE. WHEN I SAY NOTICE A DIFFERENCE I MEAN THAT YOUR USING THE STAGE 6 GAUGE THAT TELLS YOU THE INSTANT COOLANT TEMP AND YOU COULD SEE THE TEMPS RUNNING COOLER.

Coley'sdad#8
07-31-2010, 06:00 AM
That made me laugh because I looked over and saw you were from Alaska, we all think that you always have snow 3 ft deep and never temps over 12 deg:D :D

rummel
07-31-2010, 06:13 AM
FORTUNETLY IM ONLY STATIONED HERE FOR TWO MORE YEARS AND IM COMING BACK TO THE LOWER 48 THIS PLACE IS MORE LIKE THE LOST FRONTIER NOT THE LAST FRONTIER

mydirtkids
07-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Thanks for your service:cool: And remember,, DONT FEED THE BEARS:D

redonkulousruntsracing
08-02-2010, 08:26 AM
I used one and my sons quad over heated, it flowed the coolant too much and after running for 15 minutes the coolant didnt stay in the radiator long enough to cool down so once everything got hot, it wont cool down until you shut it off and let it set. Anyone else have that problem

Logan #34's Dad
08-02-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm not sure what the "high flow" is but, I highly recommend getting rid of the plastic stock impellar as it will fail and you'll never know it until it blows your motor. MaxRPM sells a stock replacement that is made out of Aluminum. If you want it to run cooler get the larger radiator too.

redonkulousruntsracing
08-02-2010, 10:21 AM
The stage 6 has a noticably larger impeller

bulldogfallon
08-04-2010, 10:21 PM
S6 impeller is larger, but plastic.....

We have had issues with them braking---Wont sell or use them anymore...

MaxRPM is what we sell and use now..

Sick Air--The Apex radiator is a bit small so that is the issue more so than impellers being too small

Wayne--TURN YOUR CAPS OFF!! We run the DRR's with stock size impellers and radiators and no issues....so I don't think the Polar Bears really should be concerned with over heating :) :)

rummel
08-05-2010, 02:18 AM
HEY I LIKE MY CAPS AND ITS ON BECAUSE IM AT WORK. WORKING HARD FOR THE AIR FORCE FIRE DEPT. GETTING PAID TO CHAT WITH ALL YOU GUYS LIFE DOESNT GET ANY BETTER. AND IM ONLY UP HERE WITH THE POLAR BEARS TEMPORARY SO MAYBE ILL BE DOWN YOUR WAY IN THE NEXT TWO YEARS GARY. YOU NEVER KNOW JUST DEPENDS ON WHAT THE MILITARY WANTS TO DO.

Coley'sdad#8
08-05-2010, 05:06 AM
Enjoy while you are there, you have got to have some really beautiful scenery up there. Enjoy the lax life without all the big city hustle bustle for a while. What kind of daytime temps do you have anyway?

rummel
08-05-2010, 05:08 AM
HIGHS ON A GOOD DAY 65F

Coley'sdad#8
08-05-2010, 05:39 AM
UGGGHHH
65 sounds great, we have been in a heatwave with 118 heat index, and just saw where there have been 10 heat related fatalities in memphis alone this week.

rummel
08-05-2010, 05:43 AM
I LIKE WERE YOU AT BECAUSE THE SCENERY IS NICE YOU GET ALOT OF OVERCAST AND DARKNESS UP HERE IN ALASKA TRY 18HRS OF DARK IN THE WINTER AND 18HRS IN THE SUMMER OF SUNLIGHT ITS PRETTY WACK HAHA. IF YOUR ALL ABOUT HUNTING AND FISHING THIS IS FOR YOU BUT IM MORE ABOUT THE ATVING AND NOTHING MORE