PDA

View Full Version : 2009 YFZ450R XC Racing???

zukirder93
07-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Someone offered me $5,000 for an almost new 09 Yfz450r. I know its 48 inches wide stock. I race XC and was wondering if anyone had raced with stock width and how does it do. My local series doesnt have alot of real tight sections but every once in a while it will get pretty narrow.

89trx250r
08-01-2010, 01:14 PM
wait im confused is he offering to sell it to you for 5000 or is he wanting to buy it? anyway i ride a stock width yfz which i believe is like 47.8 inches thru tight woods all the time with no troubles and if you really are having an issue with it you can flip the back tires inward for a different offset also some people have had there hubs inverted to narrow up the back end it comes down to personal choice i think the main differences between the x and the r are the long travel shocks on the r and the different efi mapping

jakesteak26
08-04-2010, 03:56 PM
if i were u id do like i did. i was going to buy an r but got a better deal on an 08 yfz instead. the efi sucks for xc racing as most races are started with dead engine starts. also. for most woods races anything over 46' is asking for trouble! my 08 has no real motor mods, just jet the carb, remove airbox lid and a hmf pipe. Also did the cam mod. im confident my 08 can spank any 09 r in the woods. REMEMBER... MOST xc races are tight and usually 2nd an 3rd gear, with only a few open sections. with the exception of a few nationals, of course. in short, save the $$ and use the extra for shock upgrades and cool beadlock wheels, and skid plates, flexx bars, etc. hope i helped! good luck!

zukirder93
08-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by jakesteak26
if i were u id do like i did. i was going to buy an r but got a better deal on an 08 yfz instead. the efi sucks for xc racing as most races are started with dead engine starts. also. for most woods races anything over 46' is asking for trouble! my 08 has no real motor mods, just jet the carb, remove airbox lid and a hmf pipe. Also did the cam mod. im confident my 08 can spank any 09 r in the woods. REMEMBER... MOST xc races are tight and usually 2nd an 3rd gear, with only a few open sections. with the exception of a few nationals, of course. in short, save the $$ and use the extra for shock upgrades and cool beadlock wheels, and skid plates, flexx bars, etc. hope i helped! good luck!
yea i was going to buy an 06'-08' yfz but then my friends dad said he might sell his 09' R and its already got some stuff done to it. I think the motor work was just a ported and polished head and a full system rossier w/fuel programmer and a K&N Intake kit. If I find a good carbureted yfz ill probably go that route.

89trx250r
08-04-2010, 06:32 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=442613