PDA

View Full Version : CRF450r Won't Run

mooseracerX
07-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me with my CRF motor. It was having trouble idling and then it quit and the kicker locked up. Had it standing on the grab bar washing it and dropped it down and it then kicked over. Now we can't get it to fire up. We checked the timing numerous times, valve clearance, and spark. We have fuel getting into the motor. Just wondering what else it could be. We can't get it to pull start the tires just lock up in every gear and slide on asphalt. Not sure what else to get. It is a 12.5:1 Wiseco piston, APE SS valves/springs, Web 208 cam. Thanks for any info you could give us.

born2ride14
07-31-2010, 09:15 PM
When you give it throttle does the slide move up? i sorta had the same problem, ended up being the screw in the carb the holds the throttle linkage to the cable reel ( idk what its called). make sure you have a good ground to the frame from the motor.

GOTFEAR
07-31-2010, 10:39 PM
i had somthing like this once pull clutch cover check your kicker gear and spacers may be binding up ....have you tried pulling plug out put it in 3rd gear and rock it or push it backwards may free up..

tayyo789
07-31-2010, 11:50 PM
If you can kick it through and get spark, and it locks the tires when you pull it, I would look at the clutch. Roll the kicker through, with the valve cover open to make sure the piston/crank/cam etc is moving with the kicker. If its none of that then it could be your tranny if it locks up like that, but we do not want that. The carb could keep it from starting, but it wouldn't lock the wheels when you pull it

mooseracerX
08-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Now the kicker is locked up. I'm not sure what is wrong with it. =/

Rootar
08-01-2010, 09:58 PM
You should have just stopped when the kicker locked up the first time and tore it down.

Baileygunns
08-03-2010, 05:15 AM
Pull the oil filter out and cut it open. What color are the metal shavings? Sounds like crank bearings.

mooseracerX
08-08-2010, 06:01 PM
The shavings were silvery.

Baileygunns
08-08-2010, 06:05 PM
If they stick to a magnet it's your crank bearings. When the kicker locks up it's usually the crank bearings on the TRX450... I can only assume it's the same on the CRF. When the bearings go the crank gets misaligned and jams the kicker. If you wiggle it some time it will align them again.. That's why you can kick it sometimes and some times you can't.

mooseracerX
08-08-2010, 07:22 PM
There is a bunch stuck to the magnet on the moose cover I have. We'll be tearing into it tomorrow.