PDA

View Full Version : oil pumping into the air box from the trans side??

MR4Engine202
07-30-2010, 06:16 PM
i searched but it seems that everyone else is having problems with the crank side....my crank side oil level stays spot on but when i ride hard or let it idle for a while it will spit oil into the air box ...a good stream of it comes out the drain in the bottom?? any ideas

Scro
07-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Make sure you aren't overfilling the transmission fluid. That's the most common cause of trans. fluid spewing out.

Are you sure it's trans fluid? The trans breather hose doesn't route through the airbox. It is pointed towards the ground, right behind the cylinder.

MR4Engine202
07-30-2010, 09:29 PM
yeaa i havent lost a drop of engine oil...and i havent over filled it ive even drained it and put the required amount to the t in it

MR4Engine202
08-01-2010, 03:42 PM
think i have narrowed it down to the crank seal...look at the breather and it dosnt go to the air box just like u guys said...no oil is coming from that it is coming thought the engine vent so im thinking that the seal on the trans side is bad and transferring oil to the engine and then its pumping it into the air box

turbo j
08-02-2010, 07:41 AM
I think you are right with the crank seal idea but your engine oil level should not stay the same if this is happening. I just recently fought this too and my tranny side oil would transfer to the engine side thus over filling it until it would puke into the airbox.
If you do this yourself order two of the same crank seals because they are difficult to get over the crank so incase you damage the first you will have a second right there. They are pretty cheap. Just an idea.

MR4Engine202
08-02-2010, 04:12 PM
ive done the seals before but im not used to the 04 05,s lol im a technician but ive been so busy with my other job i figured id ask on here instead of figuring it out...plus i was on the road when i originally posted it....il let uk the outcome ...thanks for all the help