PDA

View Full Version : arm to shock compatability question

beck125
07-30-2010, 02:20 PM
this may be dumb but i am about to buy 4+arms for my ex but im not sure o the brand the guy has not sent pictures yet, i have works triples with remote rezys, will they work on the 4' s or will i need new shocks as well.?

deathman53
07-30-2010, 04:55 PM
To start with +4 a-arms even w/ 4:1 wheels would be close to 52". Also, your shocks need to the re-valved, thats a huge difference in the leverage ratio. Now aren't most of the +3 and up a-arms "long body" or how they say to make it sound better, Long Travel. The only time that people use +4's is with narrow frames IE: laeger, walsh, roll and customs. Wider a-arms always require the shocks to be re-valved and sprung for them to work 100% correct. If you don't, you get like one 250r of mine, the front shocks are very soft and bottom out on most jumps and bumps.

beck125
07-30-2010, 06:40 PM
ok lol guess im not gettin them ones, i dont have the cash to rebuild those shocks at this point its already wider than my plastics stock.. so for get i said anything, thanks for the info appreciate it saved me money