PDA

View Full Version : which one in in a trade

flammable
07-30-2010, 11:14 AM
i have a 94 jeep wrangler with a blown motor. ive gotten an offer for a 2003 z-400 and a 2001 banshee. i plan on immediatly putting them on craigslist. which would bring more money / what would u personaly want more. thanks

dehner47
07-30-2010, 11:31 AM
anything but a banshee... just my opinion. sure others will disagree...

chucked
07-30-2010, 11:36 AM
The 2003 z400s had alot of problems. I would take the banshee. Considering only value.

Hondamaster5505
07-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
anything but a banshee... just my opinion. sure others will disagree...

He's talking about re-sale value, a 2001 banshee will bring more money then a 2003 Z400.

The reason, is people would rather buy a 450 over the Z400, whereas the banshee has it's own group of people that like them more then 450's. Like myself.

Therefore I think the banshee would sell for more. Around me, a 03 Z400 is around 2k, a 2001 banshee around 2300 if its nice.

yellowzo3
07-30-2010, 12:54 PM
What kind of riding is most abundant in your area? Do you have any sand areas near you? If you don't then don't go for the banshee as that's all its good for. More people would want a trail friendly quad if all you have near you is woods.

If that Banshee isn't running PERFECT I wouldn't even consider it as it could be a giant headache. There's nothing like 'em when they're running though.

Z400's really don't have many problems other than the shock mounts cracking. If you look it over and the frame isn't cracked anywhere then it should be fine. They're great quads for anyone and do everything well. You really can't go wrong with it if its in good shape.

But what mods are on the bikes? It really depends if one bike is trashed and ones mint. Then its a no brainer.

If both were showroom condition and stock the Banshee would probably be worth slightly more. There are countless quads like the Z400.... but only one Banshee.

flammable
07-30-2010, 01:11 PM
i just got the email for the z-400 so still waiting for pics. thed banshee starts first kick everytime. is in good condition and has procircuit full pipes.

i never thought about the area i live in tho. i live at a sand pit. but its mostly woods riding. except the trails all around nh wich r pretty open and flat. so the 400 makes more sense for around here cuz its higher and has reverse. but everyone rides 450rs around here wich rnt woods bikes

yellowzo3
07-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by flammable
i just got the email for the z-400 so still waiting for pics. thed banshee starts first kick everytime. is in good condition and has procircuit full pipes.

i never thought about the area i live in tho. i live at a sand pit. but its mostly woods riding. except the trails all around nh wich r pretty open and flat. so the 400 makes more sense for around here cuz its higher and has reverse. but everyone rides 450rs around here wich rnt woods bikes

450r's are woods bikes. Pretty much any 450 or 400 is a woods bike. A 450 can be used for anything really.

It's not only the reverse and height that makes a Z400 better but also the fact that it's a 4stroke. Riding the banshee in the woods is a chore. you have to feather the clutch the entire time and the thumb throttle feels like you're pushing a brick. You also foul plugs like crazy. A Banshee just isn't made for the woods.

flammable
07-30-2010, 01:44 PM
i kno the difference ive ridden a banshe in the woods b4 and on the street wfo same as the z. im jst wondering the worth on each of them and the ease of selling them quick

dehner47
07-30-2010, 02:19 PM
im just not a fan of the banshee. just my feelings. hence why id go with the 400.