PDA

View Full Version : Hitch Mounted Single ATV Carrier

bryan.young1
07-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Update: Here is the link to the Full VersaHaul VH-90 Review i did thanks again for all your feedback

Full Review VersaHaul VH-90 (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=445735)

Going to post this in a couple of areas since i searched and found not one post related to them:) Looking for something to drag my new baby around in and was thinking of either the

Versahaul VH90

or

Tilt-A-Rack 700ARV

I can find no reviews or home videos on either of them which could be good or bad. anyone out there used them and have any feedback/tips/cautions/etc? I think I'm going to be rite at 49 inches wide front and rear with a little play in the front if i pick up on the suspension. I am still waiting on a call from versahaul to see if there's even goes wide enough and it seems the tilt a rack one has enough but its more expensive. The other option is to get a cheap trailer but that will take up more room and i only will have a one car garage to store my Jeep Grand Cherokee, Quad and what ever i get to transport it so space is definitely a consideration. Thanks in advance for any feedback.Full Review VersaHaul VH-90 (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=445735)

bryan.young1
07-29-2010, 11:52 PM
here is the one that i think would work better but its more expensive.

who_gives_a6
08-19-2010, 11:16 PM
I wouldn't recommend the hitch hauler. For my wife and I to ride I put my quad in back and then her my own dirtbikes on a dual bike rack, same as the quad rack. It's a different brand but is made for a quad and works too, just can't close tailgate with bikes in it, so put them on the rack.

I welded reinforcing braces on in it but still don't really like it. Saving up for a trailer b/c I hate to drive with it. Seems to sway a lot and I just don't like it.

Yes, it works and I've used mine like 20-25 times now without incident, but I'd personally get a trailer or something.

timmybreakitall
08-20-2010, 10:26 AM
I use the Versa and it has gone approx 50k miles on the back of an E-350 extended van. The issue that both have is when entering and exiting gas stations, etc.. it drags the ground pretty bad, so we cut the male side of the reciever and put about a 5deg up angle on it and it is perfect. The bonus when driving thru states that have restricted speeds for trailers I tell them to piss off.;)

bryan.young1
08-20-2010, 10:33 AM
thanks for the feedback. i picked up the versahaul VH 90 couple weeks ago now and picked up my new quad with it all the way in Phoenix AZ from Oak park CA. and it towed perfect except for the dragging like you said. nothing a set of air bags wont fix rite up though. going to do a full VH-90 review in the next couple of days since i couldn't find one when i was thinking of buying it :)