mild port+polish head

kibblewhite valves/springs/guides/seals

either a fcr or 450 carb

crf cam chain

cometic MLS gasket kit

Anything I should add? Anything Im doing wrong? THANKS

TRXRacer1
07-29-2010, 07:44 PM
If you don't have one already toss in a good breathing aftermarket header but it seems like you're on the right path. If it were mine I'd shave a bunch off the flywheel too to compliment the cam and porting. Help it rev up easier.

bodfper
07-29-2010, 07:55 PM
I dont know anything about taking weight off of the flywheel. First off is it complicated taking the flywheel off or not? Is this just done on a lathe? How much weight should I take off? I was just talking to you on another post as well trxracer1 so should I go with the 440 or something smaller? I have to go a route that doesnt involve case work so give me your opinion. Thanks for all of your help

TRXRacer1
07-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Lathe work, 12-14oz, just need a cheap flywheel puller.

Sounds like you've got a really good plan. I'm just not a believer in going with the 89mm piston first because it leaves you with no future serviceability unless you re-sleeve. The 88.5mm is 5cc less, still uses the BB sleeve and then you have another bore left in there. I have a custom made for White Brothers 88.5mm JE 11.5:1 I won't be using if you're interested. Brand new in the box, PM me. Paypal discount.. ;)

flyboy1294
07-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by bodfper
Does this sound like a reliable build?

440 12:1 JE running on 110 octane

GTT HD studs

Stg 3 cam

mild port+polish head

kibblewhite valves/springs/guides/seals

either a fcr or 450 carb

crf cam chain

cometic MLS gasket kit

Anything I should add? Anything Im doing wrong? THANKS

Looks good, if I were you I'd go with +1mm on the Kibblewhites.

And a port and polish would really open that thing up, too.

__

And just to throw my opinion out there, you seem like you're willing to do it right, so I'd go with the 440 if it were me. You'll have an exceptionally powerful build.

With that said, TRXRacer is one of the most knowledgable members on the site- he gives sound advise. You could go with the route he mentioned and have an excellent build also.

Either way it's going to be something to watch, keep us posted. :macho

jcs003
07-30-2010, 02:49 AM
sounds alot like the motor i built years ago. i had a web cam for bottom/mid. i also added a four stroke tech oil cooler. thats who actually did the work. the carb i chose was a lectron 40mm.

it was on the same build for quite a few years. it then sat when i got a 250r and i eventually sold it. but a good suspension is a must with adding that much power.