PDA

View Full Version : Loretta's is happening

Coley'sdad#8
07-29-2010, 05:56 AM
Coley and I went and checked out the track yesterday and the dirt bike guy's are already filling the place up (they race the week before the atv's). After all the flooding Allen (grounds mgr) and his crew have done a great job of getting it in top shape if not maybe better in some aspects. The track had all been washed badly and there is alot more sandy base to it now and they are bringing in loads of white filtered sand and lacing the track with it but the dirt bikes will mix that pretty quickly. picture of center table looking backwards.

Coley'sdad#8
07-29-2010, 05:59 AM
side view of center table

zach R 7x
07-29-2010, 11:22 AM
CAN'T WAIT!!!! love Lorretta's been looking forward too it all year!

FISH ON!
07-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the PICs....can you get me an aerial shot ? LOL

We've never been there for MX but we're going this year. We've raced GNCC there this year but they only ran a small portion of the track. My son loves the MX so he was disappointed. Maybe we'll convert next year if he enjoys it.

Coley'sdad#8
07-30-2010, 05:01 AM
Anthill with frosting on it (sand)

Coley'sdad#8
07-30-2010, 05:05 AM
Oh yeah, as I posted a long time ago about the flooding the water level had washed cornstalks up to within 2 foot of the top of the anthill:eek2:

nastynotchback1
07-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by FISH ON!
Thanks for the PICs....can you get me an aerial shot ? LOL

We've never been there for MX but we're going this year. We've raced GNCC there this year but they only ran a small portion of the track. My son loves the MX so he was disappointed. Maybe we'll convert next year if he enjoys it.

Are yall going to run the d-town series this year?We are as long as it doesn't fall on the same day as any of the se quad races.

edwardsp&b
07-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Todd, wish you could get Zach to convert to MX. We would love to get to race with yall more.

Lorretta's is going to be great this year! Coleys Dad, how about power and water hookups this year there. Are they going to get it fixed too?
bryan

FISH ON!
07-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
Todd, wish you could get Zach to convert to MX. We would love to get to race with yall more.

Lorretta's is going to be great this year! Coleys Dad, how about power and water hookups this year there. Are they going to get it fixed too?
bryan

Bryan:

You made the trek to Red Bud? Tell Ben that Zach and I said to get-em....pin it and win it! we be checking the results later tonight. Storming down here again, house got hit by lightening a couple hours ago. No apparent major damage but I got shocked in the shop from it.

I'm sure we would love the MX Nat's......... I just don't like the thought of working two jobs to pay for those high end motors !!

Good luck up there and be safe.

Todd

Coley'sdad#8
08-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Bryan,
All taken care of man, water, power , terlets and even a cement pond fer the kids.

Logan #34's Dad
08-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Hey Chris, Is the track lay out the same as in the past or since it got washed out have they made a whole new track?

Coley'sdad#8
08-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Rocky,
It is the same layout just alot more what we call creek sand in the base and then they hauled in the beach sand in the pics.
I may be over there this evening and want to see if the bikes are "mixing" the sand up nicely with the dirt underneath. there wasn't alot of turbulant water on the track itself it was all down by the bluff rocks but the track was very high in standing water.
nope it will be tuesday, we have a PR and interview @ the Honda of Houston race rig for my buddies patented motorcycle pegs.
Check em out anklesavers.com

edwardsp&b
08-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Hell yeah Chris, cant wait for next week. Lorretta's is always fun.

Todd, yeah we made the trek, and it was a long one. Then we get home to tons of storm damage at my house. Ive got 3 solid days worth of work to do in the yard, on top of quads to work on. Ill tell you sometimes I question this racing thing.
bryan

Coley'sdad#8
08-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Bryan,
2 words, "Lawn Service" then you can go about what you need to be doing:D Coley and I take care of ours but we have been having 110 heat index and record temps, he's been swimming everyday and the yard is tall but we will catch up on it someday:rolleyes:

jay-r
08-03-2010, 12:31 PM
I wish I could find a way to get away from work to make Loretta's. Maybe next year.

Chris, it looks like Coley is ready for Loretta's, he was flying at Murray last weekend. I entered my 6 yr old daughter on her 50 in the 51cc to 70cc class with him, just so she could get more track time. She finished a very distant 2nd.

Good luck next weekend.

Jamie

edwardsp&b
08-03-2010, 12:52 PM
I was hoping it would be just a little cooler up there in the mountains and all. We have had the same temps here, it sucks. Ive been starting my grass cutting at 8pm, its the only time you wont fall out.
bryan

Coley'sdad#8
08-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Thank's Jamie, we got the red bike dialed in right but are still dialing on the white one he runs in the 90 class, it was really hauling till we tossed a chain:rolleyes:
Bryan, I just got back from Loretta's and it was 105, my underpants are still soaking wet . The place is PACKED and the track is great with the new mix of sand, didn't see any dust anywhere and traction looked great on the 250's and 450's I saw

RCR_531
08-04-2010, 03:38 AM
It says that there is limited camping spots there. Is this a problem and should I look at making it to the track on Thursday?

Coley'sdad#8
08-04-2010, 05:48 AM
RCR, there are plenty of spots but I don't know how many have hookups, but plenty primitave. There's about 30,000 people down there now and it is WILD:blah: The atv national is not near as large in numbers but I like it that way. I don't know much about the camping because we live real close and I WILL GET TO SLEEP IN MY OWN BED @ NIGHT:D :D

hasbeenttduner
08-04-2010, 08:32 AM
For some more track sneak peaks. Tuesday vid from the track.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/880/Motorcycle-Video/2010-Loretta-Lynns-Amateur-Championship-Video---Tuesday.aspx
Also some at trans world m x.

Have fun boys.

RCR_531
08-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks Chris