PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL X Games 2010 Thread

jesseweaver
07-28-2010, 09:26 PM
its finally here so what are you guys' predictions? i think this is gonna be the best x games yet, theres a lot of rumors going around in fmx, i guarantee there is going to be some crazy never before seen stuff this year. im kinda bummed TP pulled out of best trick and JS7 pulled out if best whip. i really wanted to see him and potter go at it again. and fitz is out so we wont get to see his rumored front flip combos. takas out too :(

jesseweaver
07-28-2010, 09:29 PM
o yea, bilkos out of fmx and best trick too :( that really sucks hes my favorite rider i love watching him. i wonder what he had for best trick?

ATVMX33
07-29-2010, 05:55 AM
thanks for the reminder that its this week!:eek:

J.Brown121
07-29-2010, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
thanks for the reminder that its this week!:eek:

^x2^

And jesseweaver, i was really excited about freestyle, until you said who all was out of it:(

KFX450Rrider490
07-29-2010, 06:36 AM
dude im stoked for this year ive got everything ready on tivo! i honestly am realy excited to see everything but freestyle, i can almost guarentee that potter has gold wraped up i the whip and charmichael is going to be hard to beat in step up. now that loza cant compeat this year i dont know whats going to happen in best trick?

something i realy want to see is the new rally cross event that sounds sick! 4 cars on the coarse at once, i can only imaging how tp and block are going to play!

quad2xtreme
07-29-2010, 06:46 AM
I just got a call from ESPN. Looks like I am qualified for best trick this year doing a no footer. :( I better get packing.

Hondamaster5505
07-29-2010, 07:09 AM
TP isn't going to be doing best trick..? :( Favorite rider right there.. best trick will be boring now.

Ruby Soho
07-29-2010, 07:20 AM
with all the names you said were out, idk if it's going to be the best year yet

Brad77
07-29-2010, 07:26 AM
Lets all just hope Scott Murray is there. Then it will be an awesome show :devil:

KFX450Rrider490
07-29-2010, 08:00 AM
that ^^ was a joke! the guy has balls, yea and i was given the chance, along with probably half the members on here, id try a double backflip on international tv as well! i just shows how connections can get you anything you want...

ryan243
07-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Scott Murray had no connections at all when he started doing the double. He rode tiny monster truck shows in the Midwest for quite a while and just decided he wanted to do a double. And to say just anyone would try a double if it got them on tv is absurd. That's just a lack of respect for how difficult the trick really is

yellowzo3
07-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Scott Murray better not be there. I'm sick of watching him fall attempting the same trick every time. I'm sure the rest of us are as well lol.

So, are half of the FMX riders out with injuries? That sucks... Bilko's a cool dude and I would have rooted for him. :(

I don't think it'll be the best Xgames yet... IMO the best ones were years ago... Around the time when Dave Mirra did the double backflip and stuff. Idk just something about the vibe back then. There were lots more sports in it too. They used to show you a lot more coverage as well. Now they skip a ton of stuff and nothings in order. Some of the guys who watched in the early 2000's will know what I'm talking about. They used to be in a helicopter or something and Sal Masekala used to be like "Alright lets swing on over to the wakeboard comp and see whats goin down out there" and they would pan over to the water... Was awesome. Everything was outside in one huuuuggeee area. Now it's all in arenas. But I think we always have a convo like this every year lol.

I don't like rally cross. It's corny and if you want to watch legit rally then turn on WRC. The Xgames version is stupid and the only reason its in there is probably because TP wanted it to be.

I still watch it because, well, who doesn't want to watch FMX and BMX with the best riders around :p ...But it is getting worse by the year imo. I guess we'll see how it is tonight!

yellowzo3
07-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by ryan243
Scott Murray had no connections at all when he started doing the double. He rode tiny monster truck shows in the Midwest for quite a while and just decided he wanted to do a double. And to say just anyone would try a double if it got them on tv is absurd. That's just a lack of respect for how difficult the trick really is

The problem is that its the only trick he ever tries to do in Xgames and he NEVER lands it. He's already landed it at other shows. So no one cares if he lands it or not anymore because its the same story with him every year. He's got balls to try it, but seriously, the hype is over. If he lands the trick this year, then what? Are they going to bring him back again next year so he can try to do it again? He's probably a really cool guy, but he should concentrate on creating totally new tricks since he only competes in best trick. He has a decent setup at his house to do all this so he should innovate instead of trying to do the same trick for 3 years. He could probably come up with something insane if he took his time and really worked at it. He should also do things like best whip since he wouldn't have to put together an entire run... just go huge on one trick.

derekhonda
07-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
Scott Murray better not be there. I'm sick of watching him fall attempting the same trick every time. I'm sure the rest of us are as well lol.

So, are half of the FMX riders out with injuries? That sucks... Bilko's a cool dude and I would have rooted for him. :(

I don't think it'll be the best Xgames yet... IMO the best ones were years ago... Around the time when Dave Mirra did the double backflip and stuff. Idk just something about the vibe back then. There were lots more sports in it too. They used to show you a lot more coverage as well. Now they skip a ton of stuff and nothings in order. Some of the guys who watched in the early 2000's will know what I'm talking about. They used to be in a helicopter or something and Sal Masekala used to be like "Alright lets swing on over to the wakeboard comp and see whats goin down out there" and they would pan over to the water... Was awesome. Everything was outside in one huuuuggeee area. Now it's all in arenas. But I think we always have a convo like this every year lol.

I don't like rally cross. It's corny and if you want to watch legit rally then turn on WRC. The Xgames version is stupid and the only reason its in there is probably because TP wanted it to be.

I still watch it because, well, who doesn't want to watch FMX and BMX with the best riders around :p ...But it is getting worse by the year imo. I guess we'll see how it is tonight!

I agree, best years were here and past. Early 2000's through a couple years ago, all the sports progressed so fast, tons of new tricks and variations each year.

Now while there are still new tricks coming out, there is just something different about the vibe. That and I almost get scared at the tricks those guys are doing, someone is going to get seriously seriously hurt or worse attempting a double back superman or whatever.

dehner47
07-29-2010, 12:36 PM
http://www.grindtv.com/moto/blog/19290/the+stunt+too+risky+for+an+x+games+legend/

madskrillz2
07-29-2010, 12:40 PM
I heard TP was still gonna do FMX he just pulled out of best trick. Can't wait to see that since it's been a few years since he did it.

ryan243
07-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Yea I think Murray is beating a dead horse with the double but I still have tons of respect for him. And as far as the same trick goes, loza should have not won last year. Tp is going to pull the double in his freestlye run, should be intense

yellowzo3
07-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ryan243
Yea I think Murray is beating a dead horse with the double but I still have tons of respect for him. And as far as the same trick goes, loza should have not won last year. Tp is going to pull the double in his freestlye run, should be intense

Yeah Loza's trick was different but it was pretty lame lol.

And dang I didn't know TP was returning to freestyle.... and pulling the double!??????? Niceeeeeee

ryan243
07-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Tp is the top qualifier for tonight as of now and he seems pretty positive he's pulling the double in his run. Maddo is pulling the volt in his run

quad2xtreme
07-29-2010, 02:27 PM
set those DVRs to record the next show after x Games. They are notorious for running over and you end up missing the best part.

ATVMX33
07-29-2010, 02:47 PM
every year it seems to be more for a show and less of a competition...i just turned it on and they had a rap about ryan sheckler:huh

Wired
07-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
every year it seems to be more for a show and less of a competition...i just turned it on and they had a rap about ryan sheckler:huh

agreed! X Games isn't like it used to be

Brad77
07-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Wired
agreed! X Games isn't like it used to be

Man I wish you and your brother were there competing.
Now THAT would make the X-games a whole lot better.

Hondamaster5505
07-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Pastranas run in heat 2 was awesome

jcv400ex
07-29-2010, 06:32 PM
X GAMESSS!! WOOOTWOOOT!!

TP and Adams are on different levels from the other guys! I don't care what they say, combo no flippers are more technical and cool looking than flips!

Hondamaster5505
07-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
X GAMESSS!! WOOOTWOOOT!!

TP and Adams are on different levels from the other guys! I don't care what they say, combo no flippers are more technical and cool looking than flips!

Hell yeah. That last run Pastrana just did, he was eyeing up the jump for the double big time haha

yellowzo3
07-29-2010, 07:39 PM
X GAMESSS!! WOOOTWOOOT!!

Adams really wanted to be on a 4stroke this season but said he couldn't afford it. I don't see how he can't afford it, especially with all the help from his sponsors, etc... but that's what he said.

He's an awesome rider for sure!

Hondamaster5505
07-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Congrats TP! He still got it haha

yellowzo3
07-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Well no surprise TP landed in clean :p ... Respect for Sherwood though!! Amazing run.

Kind of weird that FMX is already over on the first day though. It's kind of like they're trying to hurry through the Xgames to get it over with. Every year it seems to get shorter.

muddy400EX
07-29-2010, 08:10 PM
good to see tp's still got it after 4 years.

anyone know if twitch was even in it?

madskrillz2
07-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Bottom line, T.P. is a freak of nature. Made a double back flip look routine

yellowzo3
07-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
good to see tp's still got it after 4 years.

anyone know if twitch was even in it?

I was wondering this too. I didn't realize the ENTIRE fmx comp. was today so I have no idea who was in it and who got eliminated, etc... I would have thought Twitch would have been in the finals, but maybe he fell during eliminations and got a crappy score? No idea as I missed everything but the finals :(

muddy400EX
07-30-2010, 12:56 AM
I was wondering this too. I didn't realize the ENTIRE fmx comp. was today so I have no idea who was in it and who got eliminated, etc... I would have thought Twitch would have been in the finals, but maybe he fell during eliminations and got a crappy score? No idea as I missed everything but the finals :(

just watched the hightlights and seen what looked like twitch crashing:(

twitch is my idol, i wanna see him get a gold at x:macho

quad2xtreme
07-30-2010, 04:37 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by muddy400EX
[B]just watched the hightlights and seen what looked like twitch crashing:(

May have been Robbie Madison.

YOURADHERE
07-30-2010, 08:07 AM
Didnt Twitch recently have his home foreclosed on? If it wasnt him it was definately one of the bigger FMX guys.

Travis definately made the double look easy.

buck440
07-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by KFX450Rrider490
that ^^ was a joke! the guy has balls..

he has religion. some nuts such as him that believe if g0D wanted him to land it he would land if he wanted him to crash well...i'm not pulling this **** out my *** either it's his own words. i can't stand this guy, but not as much as the big wigs behind the x games.

ballzdeep38
07-30-2010, 09:26 AM
yeah i found it weird that the entire FMX comp was over on the first day too. like they didnt really give it a chance to really get anyone hyped up for the finals through out the event. and yes i noticed that it does seem to be less of a competition every year. im upset that i missed the super x comp too. what did you guys think of the super x this year? they have made a pretty big deal about the womens super x so far...

yellowzo3
07-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by ballzdeep38
yeah i found it weird that the entire FMX comp was over on the first day too. like they didnt really give it a chance to really get anyone hyped up for the finals through out the event. and yes i noticed that it does seem to be less of a competition every year. im upset that i missed the super x comp too. what did you guys think of the super x this year? they have made a pretty big deal about the womens super x so far...

Wait that's already over too? WTF?

I bet ESPN will complain they didn't get enough viewers and ratings were low for this years Xgames. Then next year it'll be even shorter :rolleyes: ...Maybe if they gave people a chance to actually watch something it would be better.

I bet Lebron James changed up his breakfast routine so they have to speed through Xgames so ESPN can dedicate a week to talking about how much syrup he likes on his pancakes :rolleyes:

Fuel TV should start shelling out legit money and take over all extreme sports. Xgames, Dew Tour, MX, etc. Would be nice to see all the athletes get a nice amount of time dedicated to them since many of them work all year for this.

Guy400
07-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Men's SX was alright, not too much happening with that. FMX wasn't all that great except for TP's backflip on the little ramps and then the double which he made look so routine it wasn't even funny.

ballzdeep38
07-30-2010, 01:24 PM
i think im slowly getting over backflips... when guys throw big whips and other tricks that have more "style" to them it seems to impress me more. the back flips are just getting old already...

yellowzo3
07-30-2010, 01:38 PM
i think im slowly getting over backflips... when guys throw big whips and other tricks that have more "style" to them it seems to impress me more. the back flips are just getting old already...

No doubt about it. When the guys were pulling Indian Airs and Cliffhangers yesterday it awesome.

Also, most of the guys do a little wave to the crowd or go to the top of a jump and do donuts after their run. I had to chuckle when Levi's run was over. As soon as the buzzer went off he stopped his run immediately and did a wheelie out of there :p ...Didn't waste any time lmao

300racer
07-30-2010, 09:20 PM
the x games are nothing like they used to be. it seems to me that your names give you more points than the tricks do. and the best trick this year was a joke! there wasn't 1 new trick there this year and a double back flip that was landed 2 years ago wins? that is gay. i think t.p's fmx run was a good one and he earned that win. the mens moto x was ok the womens wasn't that great. what happen to street lusch? (sp) i miss that. lol

mxduner
07-30-2010, 10:41 PM
did i miss sx speed and style? or did that go away already? sucks all the mx is done, or is it???

ATVMX33
07-31-2010, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by 300racer
the x games are nothing like they used to be. it seems to me that your names give you more points than the tricks do. and the best trick this year was a joke! there wasn't 1 new trick there this year and a double back flip that was landed 2 years ago wins? that is gay. i think t.p's fmx run was a good one and he earned that win. the mens moto x was ok the womens wasn't that great. what happen to street lusch? (sp) i miss that. lol

double back flip was landed 4 years ago in 2006 by tp

bubsyfz450
07-31-2010, 07:34 AM
im disapointed in best trick! it seems like after TP stopped freestyling full time, the progress doesnt seem to have got much better. the tricks were the same as last year. and EVERY trick in best trick has been done in a competition!! i thought best trick was to do a GNARLY never been landed trick? am i wrong?

yellowzo3
07-31-2010, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by bubsyfz450
im disapointed in best trick! it seems like after TP stopped freestyling full time, the progress doesnt seem to have got much better. the tricks were the same as last year. and EVERY trick in best trick has been done in a competition!! i thought best trick was to do a GNARLY never been landed trick? am i wrong?

You're right. I didn't even watch best trick this year because I knew no one would do anything new.

If you think the progression of FMX slowed down you should check out BMX Vert. Wow..... Jamie Bestwick is the only guy landing legit tricks. Robinson has taken a beating over the years and couldn't finish competing and they even brough McCoy back to ride in the comp. Other than Bestwick, everybody's riding with a bag of tricks straight out of 2002 or something. Tailwhip, Barspin, Flair... Thats basically it. It was painful to watch because the announcers had to say things like "and some HUUUGGEE air on that one" when they did nothing, just to spice up the comp. When Bestwick came out it was a whole nother ball game and he won with ease. Each rider gets 4 runs in the heat and 4 in the finals I think it was... He didn't even have to take his final run in either of them. He blew everyone away.

krt400ex
07-31-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I agree, best years were here and past. Early 2000's through a couple years ago, all the sports progressed so fast, tons of new tricks and variations each year.

Now while there are still new tricks coming out, there is just something different about the vibe. That and I almost get scared at the tricks those guys are doing, someone is going to get seriously seriously hurt or worse attempting a double back superman or whatever.

it doesnt seem like its the love of the sport like it used to be. its become a big show and not a bunch of guys getting together to ride and have a good time like they used to. too commercialized if you ask me. thats where i see the problem arising. i agree with you

krt400ex
07-31-2010, 09:38 AM

agreed. every other trick is a back flip. i like the older style. it flows and i like to watch them move around on their bike. the cliff hanger was always one of my favs as well as the cordova(spelling?). the backflip is just the same thing over and over and it gets boring. it was cool when only one or two guys knew how to throw it down because it was something out of the ordinary. now its just expected. and i'm not discounting the fact that its very hard to do, but it just doesnt leave me in awe of the talent like it used to

mxduner
07-31-2010, 06:47 PM
omg did anyone watch rally x? it was brutal to witness. I lost atleast an hour i will never get back...

yellowzo3
07-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
omg did anyone watch rally x? it was brutal to witness. I lost atleast an hour i will never get back...

I heard it was the biggest waste of time ever. Glad I didn't watch!

BMX park was INSANE though

mxduner
07-31-2010, 08:32 PM
I heard it was the biggest waste of time ever. Glad I didn't watch!

BMX park was INSANE though well just tuned in again. now its super rally. 199 is up to race the heat, so i might watch it:confused:

jcv400ex
07-31-2010, 08:35 PM
Super Rally is pretty cool.

Yeah, my vote is it's time to retire the backflip! combo tricks are where it's at now.

mxduner
07-31-2010, 08:44 PM
Super Rally is pretty cool.

Yeah, my vote is it's time to retire the backflip! combo tricks are where it's at now. way better than rally x, most got dq'ed for going the wrong way, and you couldn't see thru the dust! and the audio was so bad

jcv400ex
07-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Flag guy is a ra-tard....

mxduner
07-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Flag guy is a ra-tard.... un f n believable rotflmfao!!!!

Lquad71
07-31-2010, 09:16 PM
Did anyone else go to the LA colliseum?
I went on thursday and saw the new highland quad!

trick450r
08-01-2010, 01:07 PM
bmx street and park and skate street and park were amazing.

It seems like all the pioneers have moved on to safer jobs and the young guys realize that progression comes with a high cost.

jesseweaver
08-01-2010, 02:24 PM
i didnt get to watch any of it but i saw the highlights for best whip and that looked crazy. potter at least... they get bigger and bigger every year. i swear he goes from completely sideways to upside down and facing backwards :eek2: that blows my mind.

and huge props to cam sinclair. you guys know what its like when you crash on a jump and go back to the track later and have to hit it again. it can be an easy jump but the first time your always a little nervous. now imagine crashing from 30 feet up, being in a coma for a week and just barely living and being told you wont be able to walk again, let alone ride dirtbike. i know hes double flipped before after his crash but i was just now thinking of the balls that takes

jcv400ex
08-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
i didnt get to watch any of it but i saw the highlights for best whip and that looked crazy. potter at least... they get bigger and bigger every year. i swear he goes from completely sideways to upside down and facing backwards :eek2: that blows my mind.

and huge props to cam sinclair. you guys know what its like when you crash on a jump and go back to the track later and have to hit it again. it can be an easy jump but the first time your always a little nervous. now imagine crashing from 30 feet up, being in a coma for a week and just barely living and being told you wont be able to walk again, let alone ride dirtbike. i know hes double flipped before after his crash but i was just now thinking of the balls that takes

No doubt! Potter was scaring the hell out of me! I thought for sure he wasn't going to be able to bring a few of those back.

I can't believe Cam didn't win gold for best trick...that's all I got to say about that!

motohanks
08-01-2010, 03:21 PM
I can't believe Cam didn't win gold for best trick...that's all I got to say about that!
typo? Cam Sinclair did win gold for best trick.

Best Trick Final Results
RANK NAME RUN 1 RUN 2 BEST*
Gold Cam Sinclair 94.33 0.00 94.33
Silver Robbie Maddison 90.66 93.66 93.66
Bronze Taka Higashino 89.66 90.66 90.66
4 Clinton Moore 90.33 90.00 90.33
5 Levi Sherwood 84.33 88.33 88.33
6 Rich Kearns 82.66 88.00 88.00
7 Todd Potter 83.00 85.00 85.00
8 Paris Rosen 52.66 0.00 52.66

jcv400ex
08-01-2010, 03:34 PM
What? woah, I didn't think he won it. I though Robbie did for some reason. I must have been tired!

sexysilverado45
08-01-2010, 10:00 PM
there has got to be a way to get quads into the xgames next year especially with the moore brothers bieng it the winter x they might be able to have some pull. if you get on the xgames website everyone is complaining about how bad they were this year especially with the rally events the way the production quality was so terrible and how viewer ratings could be down. it might be a good time to push quads on them. i think if they put them in there it could be a great x games because it is something different than moto x free style and what people are doing on quads these days is sick just as good as what some of the fmx people are doing. also best trick is a joke now a days.

hopefully we can find a way to get them in there, because it would really help get some fans and possible a gateway to nationals being aired on tv.

also skateboarding and bmx are cool but that seems to be all they show on there i think they need to eliminate street it is so boring to watch people do the same tricks(or so it looks) and stick to big air and what not.

hopefully i didn't affend anybody, just some of the idea's if had rattiling around in my brain.

jcv400ex
08-01-2010, 10:07 PM
You know what I can't stand? Why isn't it mandatory for the skaters and bmx riders to wear the proper gear?! They're role models for kids, my 8 year old daughter is complaining about wearing a helmet because the guys at xgames don't have to wear one....

All the motocross guys are geared up to the max....why not for skating and bmx???

mxduner
08-01-2010, 10:13 PM
did anyone watch speed and style? did twitch really not cut part of the track after his get off. I no he took the checker, even though he skipped the last jump.

Canadian144
08-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah speed and style was awesome. I called Pastrana vs Adams from the beginning haha. It was the only MX/FMX event I got to watch unfortunately... but it was awesome!

The battle for bronze was awesome... really. From not having a race, to having a race with all those mess-ups and stuff.. it was very entertaining!

250xridamatt
08-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Does anyone know what gear Bamburg was wearing for Step-up? I searched and couldn't figure out what it was.

lasher45
08-02-2010, 09:15 AM
I finally got to some of it. Glad to see Pastrana is still the king of Freestyle. Its too bad he didn't throw down that rodeo 720 again....or atleast try.

Did the flagger really throw the checkered a lap early in Super Rally? That even was full of problems. Block jumping the start and not even making the finals. Pastrana's car caught on fire and he didn't make his heat. Anyone check out the position markers on the top of the screen in the finals too?:p That was a waste of time IMO

muddy400EX
08-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
there has got to be a way to get quads into the xgames next year especially with the moore brothers bieng it the winter x they might be able to have some pull. if you get on the xgames website everyone is complaining about how bad they were this year especially with the rally events the way the production quality was so terrible and how viewer ratings could be down. it might be a good time to push quads on them. i think if they put them in there it could be a great x games because it is something different than moto x free style and what people are doing on quads these days is sick just as good as what some of the fmx people are doing. also best trick is a joke now a days.

hopefully we can find a way to get them in there, because it would really help get some fans and possible a gateway to nationals being aired on tv.

also skateboarding and bmx are cool but that seems to be all they show on there i think they need to eliminate street it is so boring to watch people do the same tricks(or so it looks) and stick to big air and what not.

hopefully i didn't affend anybody, just some of the idea's if had rattiling around in my brain.

i was thinkin the same thing last night, quads would be great for x right now. something new noone has seen. first time the crowd sees a quad do flip they would go nuts

twitch and faisst was awesome,haha. when deegan told em they had to jump to finish, they both took off running an faisst tried to push twitch,lol. that was great

ballzdeep38
08-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Rally x had me pretty confused. in one of the heats Dave mirra ws running clearly in second and even attempted a pass on the last lap for first. then they had him finishing 4th? i was there at the event and alot of people were confused about that and we never really heard an explanation. although i heard DM was complaining about the lack of organization of that particular event....

ben300
08-03-2010, 12:24 PM
the xgames became lame when they went from being about the sports and the progression and evolution of the sports, to being about sponsors, a few supstar athletes, and stupid, espn originated flashy ****, like the "mega mo"....

..if you ask me, the ryan scheklars and shaun whites ruined the xgames...

yellowzo3
08-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by ben300
the xgames became lame when they went from being about the sports and the progression and evolution of the sports, to being about sponsors, a few supstar athletes, and stupid, espn originated flashy ****, like the "mega mo"....

Yeah they've slowly been going downhill and I think this year they dropped the ball hard. Sad because Xgames used to be an awesome part of the summer for me and my friends... We'd spend all day bunnyhopping and doing wheelies in the street and then come inside and watch Xgames at night lol. Those were the days!

The sponsors are good for any sport, so it's hard to hate on them... But it seems like Xgames gained more sponsors and lost quality and air time.

Shaun White seems cool, he didn't even compete in Xgames last summer due to olympic training. There will always be people who dominate their sport, like TP, but yeah competition is virtually non existent for them when they're in the lineup.

The final straw for me was when Rally was introduced into the Games. Its corny, and as expected, complete crap. It doesn't even belong in Xgames. It's just there because TP and Block probably told them to put it in and they of course bow down and do it.

ESPN, bring Xgames back to its roots!!!

jcv400ex
08-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by ben300

Explain how the sports would evolve to the level they're at without ESPN and TV?

jesseweaver
08-03-2010, 10:17 PM
shecklar, white, pastrana, those guys MADE x games idk wth your talking about?? sure it might not be as good for you with those guys in but they dont care about you, they care about the general public, and everyone else loves to watch those guys. right theres where x gets their paycheck