PDA

View Full Version : pain in stomach when racing

bean2080
07-28-2010, 09:22 PM
this last sunday i was racing and about after the first hour/ hour and a half i started getting this pain in my stomach, almost felt like a really bad stomach ache. i needed to finish the race so i stuck it out but after the race the pain was so bad i was just riding around in first gear.

i alrealy know that it wasnt the best idea trying to finish the race like that but what do you all think the problem could be? it took about a half of a day but the pain is completly gone now and i feel fine. im getting a kidney belt to try but i just wasnt sure if that could be the only problem or not.

im thinking a kidney belt because the track was farily bumpy and pretty fast, just might of bounced some stuff around.

but anyway let me know what you all think, and if this has happened to you. just dont want it to happen again :eek2:

slightlybent47
07-28-2010, 09:34 PM
I cant ride without a kidney belt at all anymore it helps a lot

Hondamaster5505
07-29-2010, 07:43 AM
I usually get that when I have to take a poopy.

lol.

sexysilverado45
07-29-2010, 09:59 AM
did it hurt when your breathed and moved. was there a certain spot if you set right. cause i was working ground one time and it was really rough and it felt kinda like you were describing and i was told i pulled/strained a muscle in my abdomen.

bean2080
07-29-2010, 11:21 AM
yea if i took a real deep breath it would hurt a little. it didnt really hurt more a certin way i moved, just kinda hurt all the time. im heading up to the practice track here in a couple days, i guess we will see if it happens again.

MX MaNiAc 06
07-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Hungry? Dehydrated? Ate right before the race and stomach got cramped up?

TRX01
07-29-2010, 06:08 PM
sounds like a stomack cramp to me, usually from dehydration or eating likie what maniac said

bean2080
07-29-2010, 08:20 PM
yea i bet thats what it is, i did eat some before the race. i usually dont but i did for this race so its possible that could of been the problem. i got a month off till the next race, maybe ill do some testing with eating and see what turns up. atleast it sounds like a good excuse to go out and practice all day lol thanks guys.

Scro
07-30-2010, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by bean2080
yea i bet thats what it is, i did eat some before the race. i usually dont but i did for this race so its possible that could of been the problem. i got a month off till the next race, maybe ill do some testing with eating and see what turns up. atleast it sounds like a good excuse to go out and practice all day lol thanks guys.

I usually don't eat anything right before a race. If I'm up early enough, I have a normal breakfast. If there's no time for that, it's oatmeal or crackers a couple hours before the start.

Tommy Warren
07-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Congrats....your pregnant:D