PDA

View Full Version : Tracks in GA, SC, or NC?

motofreak2772
07-28-2010, 01:49 AM
What is the best track in any of these states? My dad is going to live in NC for a while(don't have exact location yet) so we are going there in august. I would like to race or even just ride at a track on the way up. Hopefully there is a track near 95 or 75. Im pretty sure he is staying near the border of SC so I'm looking for a track in SC or GA but if there is a really good one in NC we might drive a little further.
I found this track in SC called TNT and it looked awesome untill I found out no quads... Their quad track was rediculous too. I sent them an email just for fun complaining about the quad track and us not being able to ride the expert one. I never realized this anti-quad problem untill now because in florida we have a decent amount of riders and all the tracks allow us to ride.

07-28-2010, 05:42 AM
ncmp is probably the nicest track in nc thats quad friendly. If you end up closer to the coast, get up with me. We have a little mx series with 5 or 6 tracks in it and were always trying to get more quads out here.

Brad77
07-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Oh yeah the No Quads is definately a problem. Take a look on this link to see some tracks in GA. and South Carolina. This map needs to be updated though. There are some of the tracks on the eastern side that are not open anymore.
http://www.georgiaoffroad.com/map.php

The tracks on the eastern side of Ga. that I recommend.
http://www.almamxpark.com/
http://www.liveoakmxpark.com/
http://www.gordonmx.net/Gordon_MX_Park.html

These tracks did allow quads the last time I rode there, but as always its a good idea to call before you haul. Just in case any of them has changed their rules.

hondariderdylan
07-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Durhamtown plantation has several MX track that are open for quads.

660LE
07-28-2010, 09:42 AM
RockHouse MX in Ashburn GA is a fun track to ride

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gccGjt5Frlw"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gccGjt5Frlw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

HondaRacing83
07-28-2010, 09:47 AM
if i become rich i am going to make alot of tracks all over america for quads only

J.Brown121
07-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
if i become rich i am going to make alot of tracks all over america for quads only

If you did that, then you wouldn't be rich for long... :rolleyes:

HondaRacing83
07-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by J.Brown121
If you did that, then you wouldn't be rich for long... :rolleyes: hmmmm good point......maybe not

Brad77
07-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by 660LE
RockHouse MX in Ashburn GA is a fun track to ride

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gccGjt5Frlw"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gccGjt5Frlw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Oh cool thats you in this vid. Haha me and some friends looked up this track on youtube a couple of months ago and we watched your video. We have never been to Rockhouse and were thinking about trying it out. You were hauling, nice video.

JJs450r
07-28-2010, 03:08 PM
ya if you hit up any track in nc id hit up ncmp its prob one of the best here and we do have a handful here on the coast as 101 said

motofreak2772
07-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Well its just my dad living in NC we are just dropping him off and wanted to take the quad with us. I am going to finish high school here and then after that probably move up there, so I will be glad to join your series then. But idk with all these anti-quad tracks I may stay in florida lol.
Is there any specific race going on in august with a big quad turn out? Like here in Florida I know a lot of tracks race quads but have only a few show up, but Dade City MX has about 100 show up each race. So if there is anything like that let me know.
Rock house looks fun but doesnt look very wide and kinda short.
NCMP looks awesome but I need a track on the other side of NC haha.
Brad77 which of those 3 do you think are the best? I will probably do one of those. Also is there any quad race in August for any of those tracks?

motofreak2772
07-28-2010, 03:51 PM
The Emails I had with that TNT place:
Me-
Hello,
I was planning on doing a trip to your track, which would have been a 8 hour drive, but I see you do not have your motocross track open for quads. Yes you have designed a track for us to ride but I would crazy to drive that far and pay to ride that dissapointment of a track. I don't understand why the motocross track is only available to dirt bikers, and you wonder why your quad turnout is low? Its because that tween track is rediculous and no one wants to waste their time. I dont want to tell you how to run your bussiness but I ride tracks that are equal to quads and dirt bikers and they are making a lot of money from both sides of the sport. If it is because of the ATV's capabilities on the track than don't be fooled there are quad racers faster than most of the dirt bikers that have riden your track. I know I am just one customer and you aren't even going to care, but I would have enjoyed spending my money at your facility if it wasn't for this.

TNT-
I am glad you have tracks to ride in your area. If you check the tracks listed in North and South Carolina, you will see that almost all tracks no longer allow quads on their tracks. For the first 10 years this track was in existence, I allowed quads. I stopped because all they did was ride up the face of the jumps and rip off the tops, they do not invest in their suspension to be able to really ride the tracks. They would get bored after a lap or two and start riding the infield and drag racing, mowing down my sprinklers in the process. The Tween Track was built by a professional track builder. He is also an AMA official at most southern tracks, builds the Daytona Supercross, Dallas and several others. The cost to me was over $10,000. You would think after the advertizing I did, the area riders would come out to see the new track, they didn't. After 2 years of watering and grooming a track that didn't get but 2 riders a month, I opened it to bikes too. They then came out to curse me for doing it. If the riders are serious racers, they do not come out except from November thru March and the rest of the time they are racing. I do care about my riders, they didn't care enough about TNT to come out, check out the track and make suggestions. The bike riders love the Tween track and it has become a favorite second only to the Outdoor National. I feel your evaluation is unfair since you have never been to TNT and by the way, several top quad riders came to TNT this year before the Nationals at MillCreek as the same track guy built both tracks and they felt the Tween track was perfect for getting ready for their race. I am sorry you feel the way you do but Sports Quads are not popular in NC & SC. based on sales stats from the major manufacturers.

I am glad my website did it's job and stopped you from wasting your time and money. I would hate for you to come and be disappointed. www.ATV.com is a good source for finding the type of track you need, it will take a little work but I am sure you will be able to find a perfect track for your needs there.

Me-
I thought the national track was for experts? If that's the case you have the right to kick off any of the quads who roll the jumps and drag race. Even with stock suspension an expert rider would have it adjusted correctly to not bottom out on the face. Maybe you should do what you did with the peewee, where they need aproval before riding the track.
Perhaps I was looking at the wrong track then, is the track in the videos with the quad the tween one? I say its a dissapointment because it's a 45 secong lap time track with pretty much two jumps and no berms. What makes it worse is how good the outdoor track looks.
As for the sales being down I understand ATV motocross isn't the most popular thing but if new comers don't have places to ride then the sport won't grow. Its like a circle and we are dependent on you guys. So I thank you for atleast giving us a place to ride unlike many other tracks.

TNT-
As I said Andre, I gave them a small but perfect Quad track, 2 series of S turns 2 flat turns, 4 bermed turns, 3 sets of double, double double and 2 table tops, not good enough. The video was shot right after it was built and before we put 6 tractor trailers of mulch if. That was shot on a week day and we do not water on week days. The guy in the video works here so he had a ton of interest in the track and kept it premo for himself. The riders always like to go to the Intermediate Track so they could do do-nuts in the in-field and hill climb up the sides of the big table top. We had plans to expand if the riders turned out but they never did. I held the track open for 2 years before I opened it to bikes, see I understand the circle concept but the bank doesn't. No, I tried watching folks ride for about 2 months. One guy really got up in my face and said he could do every jump out there so I watched as he did a series of single, single, singe around the track and proudly announced that was how it is done. Maybe one day you will have a track and you will see how hard it is to try and provide what everyone wants. It is impossible, so I design my tracks for the riders that show up month in month out because this is not a hobby for me and my staff., this is the way we make a living and we have to build for the majority. We have to make tough decisions and pray most people understand. Good luck in your riding career ~ be safe!

Idk it seems like he wants to help us out but the quad riders there are douche bags... I don't get why we can't ride tracks though, we don't have this "destroying of lips" problem in Florida. I would be pissed if I lived in those areas.

bmxican345
07-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Lake Gaston mx park. Great place to ride.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9_UGZSED9Jw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9_UGZSED9Jw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I don't have editing software, so just skip the first minute.

JJs450r
07-28-2010, 05:48 PM
theres a few on closer to sc in nc

windy hills

devils ridge-pretty simple the owners are gay and dont like quads but quads are allowed there

myrtle beach mx-(not sure if still open)

iron city i think is right on border

theres a few more i just cant think of but the better of the tracks are northern nc and va

where exactly is he gonna be

motofreak2772
07-28-2010, 08:40 PM
It going to be a little north of charlotte some where.
Another option we might choose is go race loretta lynn's. It's out of the way but since we are already driving up why not.

Brad77
07-28-2010, 10:59 PM
On those tracks I mentioned
Alma MX is having a race on Aug. 29th
Gordon Park is racing on the 14th and the 28th
Don't know if Live Oak is doing any racing.

I really enjoy Alma MX. The track is not crazy but offers some decent jumps and has some awesome dirt.
Gordon park is cool too. Its a tight track that is set in the infield of a oval dirt car track. When they race there its done under the lights at night. So that is always fun.
Its been a while since I have been to Live Oak but I had a friend that rode there a few months ago and he said it was fun.

I just listed some tracks on the eastern side of the state since I was thinking about how far away they were from I-95.
There are some others too that you may want to check out Broad River mx. Durhamtown was mentioned earlier.

Also I have heard that a track was being built in Savannah which is right off 95.

There are a lot of tracks in Ga. Some of those on the map have been closed. Some of them only open a few times a year. And some do not allow quads.

If you need any info let me know. I may can help