PDA

View Full Version : what does everyone think?

yfzracer14
07-27-2010, 03:59 PM
I can get 2 2008 ds 450x's for 8k. Both brand new from dealer. Offering all parts through Parts Unlimited at cost. Should I do it?

craigmacphee
07-30-2010, 06:49 AM
As long as they will update your clutch, cases, and frame, hell yeah!!!

florentino
07-30-2010, 07:17 AM
woooww that sucks no one wants them so they are giving them away. i know a guy in california that paid 5000 out the door.
i paid 8000 cause it was the new thing.

if you have lots of money then yes

if you dont mind working on the quad all the time. then yes

just to do simple things like removing a gas tank takes 10 times more then the other quads.

it you like to get your parts in 2 months then yes.

if you are not going to race it or ride it you should be ok.

i want to sell mine but its worth nothing.

i am now a ltr guy. i just did a race on the ltr and won. last year
on the same track i could only pass like 2 riders. and i could not take the inside lines like the ltr.

yes i know ds guys dont want to hear it. but then again you ask for input.

florentino
07-30-2010, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by craigmacphee
As long as they will update your clutch, cases, and frame, hell yeah!!!

how that update on the frame???

there is no such thing

and if there is. it will break no matter what.

ThePhantomRider
07-30-2010, 10:58 AM
I'd do it if they did the motor update...that is put the original 250 2 stroke back in the quad..also helps frame issues...

TPR

yfzracer14
07-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Ih havent raced this season due to some events that happened last season, so i havent been following the updates. My other 2 bikes have 2010 cases and tranny components and MW chuches.
What are all of the parts that need to be updated. I wonder if Can Am will let thedealer give them directly to me? No sience of them installing them as the engines will be going directly to Rossier.

09RappySe
07-30-2010, 02:42 PM
I think can am makes great utility bikes....not so much when it comes to sport bikes....

blaster99
07-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Do it. You won't regret it if you know how to work on a quad. If your lazy and don't want to do a little maintenance then don't bother, you will end up like all the people on here bashing them

09RappySe
07-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by blaster99
[B you will end up like all the people on here bashing them [/B]

When you ask for ones opinion, the truth does somtimes hurt.

yfzracer14
07-30-2010, 07:36 PM
I think I will take them. My other quads were crazy fast, once I got them built the right way. The only prob I had was broken tranny gearz.

morgan#53
08-04-2010, 01:44 AM
i love my can-ams. i race pro-am and have been beating on my practice bike for 4months now not one problem. I think the people that are having a bunch of problems just dont work on there bikes enough.if you do the racer program they give you the frame reneforcments and also change all the rivets on the frame to bolts so you can be sure there always tight.