PDA

View Full Version : Audi TT

krt400ex
07-27-2010, 02:51 PM
i found a 2000 Audi TT for extremely cheap. its being sold do inexpensively because the girl is being deployed to iraq and is trying to unload it befor she leaves. problem is that its 20hrs away from me. the car has only 90k miles on it, and from the pictures it looks nearly mint. i'm leery about things like this usually but she seems legit and included a carfax report in the email she sent. the car has a completely clean title. do you think its worth going out there for?

honda400ex2003
07-27-2010, 03:06 PM
if i was in the market for a TT i guess i would make the trip. It does depend on what really cheap is though. for anything over 5000 i wouldnt do it but that is me. lol steve

motofreak2772
07-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Will she meet half way? or partial? idk depending on how "extremly cheap" I think I would. Just find something to do in that area, maybe take the quad. That way its not just wasted gas.

quadrcr161
07-27-2010, 04:04 PM
something sounds fishy, if it was such a good deal it would be gone locally. do you konw the person or how did you find it?

feuerstack411
07-27-2010, 09:19 PM
90k is a good amount for older VW/Audi's. Make sure the timing belts and all that has been changed at the least. Older VW/Audis are time bombs with the original timing belt
OLDER VW/Audi's are considered the most unreliable cars to come out of Mexic-I mean Germany.

I'm not the biggest fan of the older TT's. They look like VW New Beetles that have been stretched out and AWD. The new TT's are sexy though.

I could be talking out of my *** though since I'm a BMW enthusiast, but all my friends are derb owners and this is from their experiences.

yellowhonda400
07-27-2010, 09:41 PM
be careful with that. same exact story happened to me. girl was going to iraq to be a doctor or something had an 04 mustang with like 40k on it selling it for $4,000. She was in a different state than me and wanted me to pay with ebay escrow. I never even tired to go with the deal once i heard she didn't want to use paypal just be careful and dont get ripped off

krt400ex
07-28-2010, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by yellowhonda400
be careful with that. same exact story happened to me. girl was going to iraq to be a doctor or something had an 04 mustang with like 40k on it selling it for $4,000. She was in a different state than me and wanted me to pay with ebay escrow. I never even tired to go with the deal once i heard she didn't want to use paypal just be careful and dont get ripped off

what was her name because this is actually similar and i was worried about a scam as well. i'm in contact with her from two different email accounts pretending to be two different people to see if her story checks out. she did provide a carfax, though i am leery because it seems to good to be true. this is why i'd be willing to drive out there instead of transfering money. i'm not about to be out the cash without a car.

she claims to be shipping out to iraq and wants to sell the car within the next week. its listed for $2900 which is cheap for that car. from one email account i'm a guy who lives near where the car is and wnts to see it, from the other, i'm being me and getting information. i figure if the car is available to be viewed then she porbably isnt jerking me around and it'd be worth the drive out there. if the car isnt able to be shown, then i wont be in contact anymore.

yellowhonda400
07-28-2010, 07:43 AM
i cant remeber. she provided me with a fake vin number im guessing from a different car. if you can drive out to there it might be worth but with all the scams going on im not sure if it is true. I kept telling her in my emails that i wanted to use paypal and she kept saying it wouldnt work because she wouldnt be able to get the money when she got to iraq. also the e-mails were written very well all line up right and everything.