PDA

View Full Version : Holeshot bog than rev good

3racers
07-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Hey guys having a problem with bogging on holeshot was running ok but now it bogs it spins tires at first then bogs then opens up good.have cleaned carb. have 4.75 rollers and ztr 1500 rear spring just put new spring and rollers.i have a new 2000 spring. Should I try different rollers? what weight would yall recomend? motor has ported cyl. pipe, 28 carb and 45mm crank.

Logan #34's Dad
07-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Sounds like you may be a little heavy in your rollers. imo

marsrace2
07-27-2010, 10:48 AM
yes, if it bogs off the start and then revs up you are too heavy on the rollers. Just start going lighter in small increments until it goes away. My guess is you will end up at 4.0 or 4.25's

3racers
07-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Thanks for reply still learing these cvt's I'll try dropping down and see what happens.

nordic quad
07-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Also what belt are you using? if you are using a 780 belt you may need a shim if you dont already have one in.

Stein A

bulldogfallon
07-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Rollers determine how fast you shift, but do affect stall/launch and othe variables as well.

It could be the belt spacing on the front variator and/or the clutch rpm engagement.

You could be stalling higher than your spring can hold the belt in low gear...or perhaps your stall is below where you make torque

The porting and pipe combo will determine where you need to engage at...

The higher the rpms you are turning the lighter the weights generally are.

Different belt type may help as well (depending upon what you are using)

Please provide more details including pipe, engage rpms etc

Good Luck