PDA

View Full Version : few F.I questions/PIM

Jim417mx
07-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Alright guys... I have a "fully built" 07 ltr which I have been racing A class with for the past 2 years with STOCK motor and STOCK exhaust.. nothing but a cherry bomb/no lid/ no baffle. I finally bought a full yoshi system, I raced this weekend with it (one moto before the rain made the main events get cancelled) But it tops out and hits the rev limiter way too quick, power is great but it doesnt keep pulling. I talked to a local motor builder and he asked if i tuned it yet, I thought F.I did its own adjusting? I guess I need a PIM, correct? How do they work and will this cure my problem?

rob12
07-26-2010, 06:16 PM
ABSOLUTELY gonna need a tuner. Fully built meaning ya have a piston, some port work , cams etc.... For sure ya needin to get a tuner.

turdboy
07-26-2010, 09:00 PM
What do you mean by full yoshi system? Are you talking full exhaust? A full pipe on a LTR may or may not need a programmer. Some people will say yes and some will say no. I say yes once you go to a full exhaust system. Once you get into pistons and cams and porting you would definatley want a programmer. The EFI in the LTR will NOT adjust itself. It has a set map and then by using the cherry bomb it puts it into a race map. What you are refering to is the new PCV with auto tune. That will adjust on the fly, otherwise to fully tune your LTR you either need to download a map very close to your set up or have it dyno tuned in conjunction with a PCIII or what not to properly set up your air to fuel, etc.