PDA

View Full Version : carb help

LathersR
07-26-2010, 02:07 PM
The past two times ive rode my bike ive experienced gas pouring outta of the lines attached to the carb when I turn th e gas from off to on or reserve tank. When its sitting warming up or even when im riding it. It has a uni filter, vforce reeds... nothing to crazy..I cleaned it completely out and checked the jets and float i didnt seem to find anything wrong.. its a keihin 35mm carb on my 250r. i dont get it...

hartwill
07-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Probly either your float is sticking or its set too high.

SilverLake250R
07-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Make sure you flush out the float valve when cleaning it. I have found even a single grain of sand will let the gas flow out the overflow hose pretty fast.

86 Quad R
07-26-2010, 03:02 PM
as mentioned it could be trash slipping in the system, a misadjusted float and/or a bad needle..... ect

also, when you next have the carb off. remove the float and needle and inspect the braas seat and notice how tarnished it may be. in most cases they will get tarnished enough to hender the functionality of it.

wilkin250r
07-27-2010, 07:34 AM
It is most likely one of two problems.

Your float valve could be damaged, if you had dirt or anything in there, it may have damaged the tip and now it doesn't seal properly.

The other (and more likely scenario) is dirt. I know, you cleaned your carb, but how did the dirt get in there? If you've got dirt in your gas tank, then NO amount of cleaning your carb is ever going to be enough, because there' always more coming from the gas tank.

A good carb cleaning, new float valve, and inline fuel filter should solve the problem.

LathersR
07-27-2010, 01:44 PM
how much do float valves run? thank you for the info

86 Quad R
07-27-2010, 01:47 PM
in all my day i havent had to replace a float needle/valve. not saying they dont/wont go bad but i'd try the cleaning of the brass seat and setting the float level first before spending the dolla on parts. :cool: