PDA

View Full Version : Just thought that I would share

HondaRacing83
07-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Ok so when i saw the 400ex on an ebay classified add,they were asking 3500OBO(were talking about my quad in sig)and my dad got them them down to 2500 and they meet us halfway,so we drove 1hr and met them there and it was muddy my dad rode it around and all seemed fine and well so he bought it for me and when we got it unloaded and stuff when we got home i asked him if i could ride it he said yeah but first we have to clean the filter and airbox and wash it.im like ok so we got the airbox lid off and its full of white stuff,the fikrst thing i said was "What the- dad why would they put muffler packing in the airbox?!?!"he looked at it(it smelled really bad too)-it was a mouse nest and there was little mouse turds at the bottom and a dead baby mouse and the filter was black so that took a while to clean hahaha and you could tell it wasnt rode in a while!!!so the 2 weeks ive had it so far its been rode farely hard,well i figured i had nothing to do tonight so around 8pm i powerwashed it real good,then for 3hrs straight i detailed it and its the cleanest its ever been in its life,i cleaned the airbox,lubed chain,polished wheels inside and out (look like chrome now!),used that tire shine stuff inside and out of the sidewalls of the tires,polished my nerf bars/bumper,armoralled the plastic(top and bottom),cleaned the swinger skid and the full chassis skid,cleaned insides of plastic clean multiple items under seat,and much much much much much more that im forgetting(gimme a break its like midnight)oh and one more thing,you know how the axle gets real dirty and the dirt wont come off with powerwasher?well wheel cleaner will take it right off!my axle looks like its brand new!

honda400ex2003
07-26-2010, 07:10 AM
well lets see some pics of it. sounds like you are enjoying the 400. they are a great machine and will keep you riding for a long time. steve

HondaRacing83
07-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
well lets see some pics of it. sounds like you are enjoying the 400. they are a great machine and will keep you riding for a long time. steve ill try and get some pics of it and im absolutely loving 400ex,except the front suspension,im looking to get some 450r shocks.