PDA

View Full Version : case saver

justin.hughes
07-25-2010, 07:40 PM
does anyone know of a case saver made that only uses one bolt? my bottom bolt is broke off inside the case so right now I am without a case saver.

TLR-Online
07-25-2010, 08:42 PM
I would just get one that goes around the shift shaft. Then you can just use the top bolt and leave the bottom out.

Dirtjunkie85
07-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Or you could drill and tap that broken bolt and make new threads. It's not too hard of a deal to do

Pumashine
07-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by TLR-Online
I would just get one that goes around the shift shaft. Then you can just use the top bolt and leave the bottom out.

I like those kind.
http://i29.tinypic.com/w8syfb.jpg

You could tap the bottom hole of the casesaver and you would be set. The case saver would be bolted to the top bolt and held in place by the shift shaft.

JohnBeton
08-07-2010, 08:55 AM
I had the same problem, bottom bolt broke off.
I now use a Pumashine Casesaver, it hase 2 bolts and goes arround the shiftershaft. I only use the upper bolt together with the shiftershaft and it works great.

wilkin250r
08-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Is the mount broken, too? Or just the bolt broken off inside it?

If I were you, I'd get a bolt extractor, and pull that guy out of there. Sometimes they're expensive, but you might be able to do it cheap, I know some hardware stores have reverse-drill bits that would pull that guy right out of there.

A lot of times, easy-outs and other bolt extractors aren't worth a crap, they don't get a good enough hold to pull it out if the bolt is really stuck. The BEST tool I've ever found to do that is a reverse drill bit, often called a left-hand drill bit.

Higgy87TRX425
08-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah I agree with Wilkin250r! If you buy a left handed drill bit you can drill into the broken off bolt and it will probably catch and pull right out! With any luck you won't ruin any of the threads if you're carefull. I've done the same thing with a stud broken off in my motor and it pulled right out. Just like butter, No problem!!!