PDA

View Full Version : Air in fuel line

Yurshia
07-25-2010, 12:27 PM
I have a Edelbrcok #3004 carb on my 01 400ex. Carb has ran great but i have noticed the fuel level in the fuel line drops to about 1/4 of the line having fuel the other 3/4 has air in it. I have pulled the line off and filled it full of fuel to get rid of the air but a short ride later the air is back in the line. Gas dumps freely out of my petcock when i pull the line off. any ideas on where the air could be coming from or why this would happen?

4reeds
07-25-2010, 04:05 PM
are you turning the gas off when you pull the line?is the air causing an issue?

JOHNDOE83
07-25-2010, 05:21 PM
I had this problem with a 80cc bike motor, The problem with mine was the fuel line was slightly to big on the carb side of the line, this caused an air pocket to form.

My best guess was that it formed from the suction of the gas to the carb, it would suck in air from the the leak, build up air in the line causing pressure keeping more gas from flowing from the tank into the line.

If your vent tube on your tank is working, and the carb is clean internally, then you getting air from somewhere, Id check the fuel line size, if you wiggle the line will it fill up with gas?

speedfreek
07-27-2010, 09:17 AM
It shouldnt cause a problem. It's just an air bubble and I've seen this on probably every car or atv whatever that has a clear view filter. Just an air pocket. It will not affect your bike.