View Full Version : Lucas Oil Motocross: Unadilla Predictions

Hondamaster5505
07-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Well, as a lot of you may know, James Stewart will be making a return at Unadilla.

Dungey has just been on a streak of DOMINATION, he's unbelieveably fast.

What do you think will happen?

To be honest, I think Dungey has him hands down.

mxduner
07-24-2010, 07:40 PM
You can never doubt 7, but it depends on his fitness. He just might feel as if he has a few doubters to prove something. I never liked when big names come in potential points battles, but this 1 aint bad, at least for rd5.
Dungey just might play safe from the big 'story' per say, and just finish strong. He might go out and feel he has something to prove as well:D

to bad reed is out, been off outdoors, but we know how he feels about js7:devil: perhaps he would find some tricks for stewart:blah:

SRH
07-24-2010, 08:01 PM
you guys are going to not like hearing this but i really feel dungey's days are numbered in the top spot with stewart healthy, he may not win unadilla, but he will put a stop to dungey before the end of the season and once in dugeys head he will sit in 2nd place

as for just dilla, i think dungey will get a moto win and stewart will get a moto win....idk who will take the overall

SRH
07-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
You can never doubt 7, but it depends on his fitness. He just might feel as if he has a few doubters to prove something. I never liked when big names come in potential points battles, but this 1 aint bad, at least for rd5.
Dungey just might play safe from the big 'story' per say, and just finish strong. He might go out and feel he has something to prove as well:D

to bad reed is out, been off outdoors, but we know how he feels about js7:devil: perhaps he would find some tricks for stewart:blah:

reed's out indefinetely epstein bar or something

mxduner
07-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by SRH
you guys are going to not like hearing this but i really feel dungey's days are numbered in the top spot with stewart healthy, he may not win unadilla, but he will put a stop to dungey before the end of the season and once in dugeys head he will sit in 2nd place

as for just dilla, i think dungey will get a moto win and stewart will get a moto win....idk who will take the overall i do not disagree that might just be whole or part of his motive:D

Hondamaster5505
07-24-2010, 08:57 PM
I still think RD5 will take him... I have never seen a rider so motivated..

There's no doubt Dungey is an amazing rider. Just watching him, he's so fast and works the bike like magic.

If Bubba DOES win, it won't be easily like the old days. Thats for sure.

SRH
07-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
I still think RD5 will take him... I have never seen a rider so motivated..

There's no doubt Dungey is an amazing rider. Just watching him, he's so fast and works the bike like magic.

If Bubba DOES win, it won't be easily like the old days. Thats for sure.

villopoto is the only rider out right now in the current crop of riders with the flat out speed and ability to run with a stewart or carmicheal

dungey is just a fancy windham or reed he is NOT a carmicheal, stewart or villopoto, sorry but villopoto proved as far as im concerned that outside of his comfort zone dungey doesnt have anything, and stewarts whole career was based on riding on the edge

300racer
07-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by SRH
villopoto is the only rider out right now in the current crop of riders with the flat out speed and ability to run with a stewart or carmicheal

dungey is just a fancy windham or reed he is NOT a carmicheal, stewart or villopoto, sorry but villopoto proved as far as im concerned that outside of his comfort zone dungey doesnt have anything, and stewarts whole career was based on riding on the edge
i agree i see stewert killin them.

440racer66
07-24-2010, 11:03 PM
stewart will probably win

LTR450_#67
07-25-2010, 12:06 AM
I think Dungey will suprise you guys. You guys can say this and that about the kid. As for Villipoto I think he will have to redeem himself again. He was showing his speed before the injury, so I know he can do it. Dungey is fast as them, it's just right now he has nobody to go against to show it.

J.Brown121
07-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Trey Canard...end of story :D

As for the 450 class, I have no idea. I wanna say Bubba, but I see him being in the same boat as Windham, out of shape.

jesseweaver
07-25-2010, 04:43 AM
its impossible to tell how his speed is going to stack up. i think he will be running up front though. im kinda pissed he pulled out of X though :ermm:

jb500ex
07-25-2010, 05:34 AM
its funny how everyone says dungey isnt fast and rv and js are faster. well guess what dungey is now well on his way to his 2nd championship on the 450's. how many does js and rv have combined. that alone should tell you how fast he is. he was hanging with and beating js in sx and he is a better rider right now. rv isnt even in the same league. he hasnt shown anything other then a few races and he cant stay healthy. just because you go fast and crash yourself out doesnt mean your fast. it means you ride over your head. so to put him on dungeys level shows you dont know the sport. dungey is the fastest man on the planet right now and has the hardware to prove it

Hondamaster5505
07-25-2010, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by jb500ex
its funny how everyone says dungey isnt fast and rv and js are faster. well guess what dungey is now well on his way to his 2nd championship on the 450's. how many does js and rv have combined. that alone should tell you how fast he is. he was hanging with and beating js in sx and he is a better rider right now. rv isnt even in the same league. he hasnt shown anything other then a few races and he cant stay healthy. just because you go fast and crash yourself out doesnt mean your fast. it means you ride over your head. so to put him on dungeys level shows you dont know the sport. dungey is the fastest man on the planet right now and has the hardware to prove it

I totally agree.

Dungey has shown what many others can't... CONSISTENCY. Every race, he gets better, faster, smoother, and the key is that he has been able to consistently be fast, without wrecking. That is the key to being the fastest on the planet.

He held JS7 off for 17 laps at that first SX race... his FIRST race in the 450 class. And Dungey is one of those riders, that every race, trains harder, motivates himself harder, and rides faster. He's 10x a better rider at the moment then he was at the SX opening.

Stewarts done.. sorry. Just my opinion.

I see a very, very bright future for RD5. Or shall i say RD1 :blah:

m0t0xk1d
07-25-2010, 12:35 PM
do any of you guys even remember when JS7 came back from being 5 seconds down and then came back from the 5 seconds and passed RD5 in like 2 or 3 laps? RD5 is fast, but he doesnt have raw speed like RV2 or JS7. If Bubba is in shape and ready to race, i think he will put RD5 back in his place. Even last night on tv it showed how Dungey said "he could take stewart". i think now with all the wins RD5 will be a little over confidendent and JS7 will put him back in his place.

m0t0xk1d
07-25-2010, 12:35 PM
do any of you guys even remember when JS7 came back from being 5 seconds down and then came back from the 5 seconds and passed RD5 in like 2 or 3 laps? RD5 is fast, but he doesnt have raw speed like RV2 or JS7. If Bubba is in shape and ready to race, i think he will put RD5 back in his place. Even last night on tv it showed how Dungey said "he could take stewart". i think now with all the wins RD5 will be a little over confidendent and JS7 will put him back in his place.

SRH
07-25-2010, 07:13 PM
idk how you guys can give dungey any credit... beyond hes winning while faster riders are injured...
consistency? on what level? when soemone goes faster hes 2nd, 2 people go faster, hes 3rd, etc...and he just seems to say golly...ill ride here ...

dungey won 2 championships with stewarts and villopotos absence...championships yes, but say you took whoever is first and 2nd right now in quads...and took em out...3rd would be running for a championship...and hed look pretty fast compared to 4th and 5th...

not saying dungey wont beat stewart right away, but stewart or villopoto on there game will make quick work of dungey...thats a fact, you can ride the dungey band wagon, but he doesnt have the ability of stewart....i think the hype around stewart is enough to get in dungeys head

Hondamaster5505
07-25-2010, 07:34 PM
I still have money down on Dungey, haha. The more he tries the better he gets

jesseweaver
07-25-2010, 11:13 PM
another thing about dungy is he's patient. im a huge andrew short fan and these last few races have been killing me, shorty will get the holeshot and pull away but dungy slowly picks him off. then he usually keeps dropping back :ermm:

FHKracingZ
07-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Ryan Dungey was behind Windham for 17 minutes at Millville. Do you see Stewart or RC sitting behind Kdub for 17 minutes? think about it..

And Stewart Has 3 SX titles and he also completed a undefeated season. I guess going undefeated isnt any kind of consistency at all.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dungey is the chad reed right now. He is faster than everybody except for RV2 and stewart. With them 2 out and alessi on a subpar bike he is the man to beat outdoors.

mxduner
07-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
another thing about dungy is he's patient. im a huge andrew short fan and these last few races have been killing me, shorty will get the holeshot and pull away but dungy slowly picks him off. then he usually keeps dropping back :ermm: Heres a good read from today

monday with shorty (http://www.racerxonline.com/article/monday-conversation-andrew-short-7-26-10.aspx)

jesseweaver
07-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
Heres a good read from today

monday with shorty (http://www.racerxonline.com/article/monday-conversation-andrew-short-7-26-10.aspx)

"I don’t care if I’m racing Supercross, motocross, trail-riding or hanging out with my buddies riding. I think that comes across. I definitely appreciate it. The sport of motocross is awesome. I love it. It’s my life, and it’s cool just to be a part of it."

right theres why i love shorty. and it sounds like he has a lot of potential in the next few years, talking about once the raw speed comes second nature (like its starting to do for him right now) you just need to work on your endurance and you can be up front every race. and it sounds like his confidence is up and thats huge too. like him talking about the holeshots, he says he knows he can get a good start so he just goes out and does it. i think thats how it will be with the full races soon

mxduner
07-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
"I don’t care if I’m racing Supercross, motocross, trail-riding or hanging out with my buddies riding. I think that comes across. I definitely appreciate it. The sport of motocross is awesome. I love it. It’s my life, and it’s cool just to be a part of it."

right theres why i love shorty. and it sounds like he has a lot of potential in the next few years, talking about once the raw speed comes second nature (like its starting to do for him right now) you just need to work on your endurance and you can be up front every race. and it sounds like his confidence is up and thats huge too. like him talking about the holeshots, he says he knows he can get a good start so he just goes out and does it. i think thats how it will be with the full races soon yea he a great kid. I wish his teamate 118 would quit getting hurt. I want to see davi put together a good full season